Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DavidN

RAMP 2023 - Rabbit's All-Comers Mapping Project [RELEASED!]

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, BeachThunder said:

Thank YOU.

 

I'm glad I could be a part of this. So many really cool maps (including the hubmap). Also, I had a great time watching your playtest videos.


I echo @BeachThunder 's words. The project turned out marvelous. Besides, it was very satisfying to participate.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, The Royal We said:


I echo @BeachThunder 's words. The project turned out marvelous. Besides, it was very satisfying to participate.

 

Hear, hear! ^_^

 

Thanks David for hosting and troubleshooting a ginormous project like this!

Share this post


Link to post

Yay I finally get to play this. I completed 5 maps which created a path to the first artifact... I wonder what it will do.

Base Profile Screenshot 2023.08.06 - 02.02.45.03.png

Base Profile Screenshot 2023.08.06 - 02.03.26.91.png

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for playing my map! this is the first time I have seen a significantly big YTer play my map!

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Ash4ash said:

Thanks for playing my map! this is the first time I have seen a significantly big YTer play my map!

(YT being YouTuber)

Share this post


Link to post

Hard to believe that this project is actually done now, lol. Good job, everybody involved!


Also here's my second session of the RAMP2023 playthrough. A longy and a shorty this time. No need to tag, the mappers already know :)
 

 

Share this post


Link to post

How many of you have been DavidNewton fans before his MyHouse stuff? I have.

Share this post


Link to post

Been loving this edition of RAMP so far and have played some absolutely stellar maps! Got a quick issue here, downloaded the new official release version and I've seen that there's a new progress indicator HUD addon that DavidN added, however I can't seem to get it to display. Is there anything on the GZDoom menu that I have to tinker with? 

Share this post


Link to post

I really like this project and i will try it to play in the meantime. The first RAMP version  was a very wonderful adventure with a lot of surprises in terms of designs and creators and other things.

 

I had some problems trying to test if the Wad works without problems.  I wanted to know why this error pops up when i try to play RAMP 2023 in a Gzdoom that i am using normally to play Wads (Maybe there is some configuration or something that makes GzDoom unable to run? even if i use almost everything in default except the controls and some adjust in sounds). There is someone more that i know that happens to have the same error.

 

I tried in a fresh version of Gz Doom 4.1.0 and it works without problems.

 

Fatal error gz doom.png

Share this post


Link to post

Not sure if you mean 4.10 but if so, it working with the most recent version means everything is fine.  (It working with actual 4.1 would be quite remarkable.)

 

4.9 is like at least a year old at this point, and it's entirely routine for maps/mods to break with older versions of GZDoom.

 

edit: saying 4.9 was a year out of date was overselling it a bit but it's still been 9 months

Edited by jerrysheppy

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for telling me i was outdated in Gz Doom version (i didn´t think that Gz Doom has changed a lot in this time). I will update my version of Gz Doom that play and the other person also has fixed the bug using Gz Doom 4.10 so it actually works fine right now!.

7 hours ago, jerrysheppy said:

Not sure if you mean 4.10 but if so, it working with the most recent version means everything is fine.  (It working with actual 4.1 would be quite remarkable.)

 

4.9 is like at least a year old at this point, and it's entirely routine for maps/mods to break with older versions of GZDoom.

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/6/2023 at 7:06 AM, JJBoren said:

Yay I finally get to play this. I completed 5 maps which created a path to the first artifact... I wonder what it will do.

Base Profile Screenshot 2023.08.06 - 02.02.45.03.png

Base Profile Screenshot 2023.08.06 - 02.03.26.91.png

 

Just wondering...did you have to do anything specific to get the progress indicator(top-centre of the screen) to appear? Because for me, I can't seem to get it to display. Looked everywhere(this thread, RAMP site, videos on YT) and there aren't any specific instructions mentioned, so should it just load up with no issue?

Edited by RoastDoom

Share this post


Link to post

It should just be there - I didn't attach it to any options or anything! I wonder if your HUD settings are somehow preventing it from appearing, if there's a scaling setting that shoves it off-screen somewhere

Share this post


Link to post

I have been working on updates for vansub recently 

I made some major bug fixes 

Share this post


Link to post

Like the puzzle being easier

The doors actually being labeled 

And the glitching floating walls gone 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DavidN said:

It should just be there - I didn't attach it to any options or anything! I wonder if your HUD settings are somehow preventing it from appearing, if there's a scaling setting that shoves it off-screen somewhere

Ahhh I see. Will do some further investigation in the HUD settings! 

Share this post


Link to post

Very strange indeed. Comprehensively went through all the different scaling sliders, screen sizes and even resolutions(to be thorough), but no dice. Also loaded up the previous 2 years' editions of RAMP, and both of those progression indicators displayed perfectly without fail! Would be really interested to see if anyone else having this issue manages to solve it!

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, RoastDoom said:

Very strange indeed. Comprehensively went through all the different scaling sliders, screen sizes and even resolutions(to be thorough), but no dice. Also loaded up the previous 2 years' editions of RAMP, and both of those progression indicators displayed perfectly without fail! Would be really interested to see if anyone else having this issue manages to solve it!

Are you using the most recent version of RAMP2023? It was only recently added.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, LordEntr0py said:

Are you using the most recent version of RAMP2023? It was only recently added.

Yep. Downloaded the official release version yesterday(v1234).

Share this post


Link to post

I don't want to hog *too* much of this thread, so here's two videos in one comment! Hope that's allowed.


Session 3:
- STRAWDOGS by Elmwood
- The Loose End by @A Handsome Fridge (it was faith, I tell you)
- WEIRDNESS by Lightbeam
 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpQNjbYwvKg


Session 4:

- LIDAR by @noob_killer012345678
- Lab Grade Food Poisoning by The Box
- Iron Dust by Indrora
- Camel Through The Doom Hole by Uncreative Output
- Spicy Chicken Sandwich by soulsphere (don't know if it's the same soulsphere that comes up when tagging, I'm guessing not)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCjf16Rfk10

 

Ah, no thumbnail previews this way. That's fine, lol.

Share this post


Link to post

Just watched the final video. It's gonna be sad not having any more new RAMP videos (until next year). It was a real great time watching them.

 

Also, I'm kinda surprised there's no RAMP2023 wiki article yet...

Share this post


Link to post

Can anybody record a video of the ending of the hub map after the artifacts are collected? Because there is no way in HELL I am playing 296 maps straight.

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, Ash4ash said:

Can anybody record a video of the ending of the hub map after the artifacts are collected? Because there is no way in HELL I am playing 296 maps straight.

 

Do you actually have to beat all 296 maps? I haven't collected all the artifacts yet, but so far it seems that it's not necessary to beat all the maps.

 

1 hour ago, BeachThunder said:

Just watched the final video. It's gonna be sad not having any more new RAMP videos (until next year). It was a real great time watching them.

 

Also, I'm kinda surprised there's no RAMP2023 wiki article yet...

 

Other people are uploading RAMP playthroughs, for example V1perK1ller intends to go through all of the maps.

Edited by JJBoren

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, JJBoren said:

 

Do you actually have to beat all 296 maps? I haven't collected all the artifacts yet, but so far it seems that it's not necessary to beat all the maps.

 

 

Other people are uploading RAMP playthroughs, for example V1perK1ller intends to go through all of the maps.

You need to complete the maps to get over to the big stretch and the end with the grey and beige startans

Share this post


Link to post

Oh fuck.

I just realized.

My map is 231.

Like from the journal in MH.

Like the sign of evil overclocked remix.

I am cursed.

Doesn't help that I found the creator of myhouse on tiktok.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×