Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
St. Mildly Annoyed

Opinion on this monster?

I found and tried out this monster from realm667, and I want to know your opinion on it, for future uses. It's pretty tanky, and hits like the Tunguska event. It's available to download in the doom repository on realm667, considering some of you have asked.

GuardianofHell.png.d901d59ca2b9215d3a4e928a362b023c.png

also, while I know you might've seen this talked about several times before, favorite realm667 monster?

Edited by St. Mildly Annoyed

15 hours ago, St. Mildly Annoyed said:

favorite realm667 monster?

Segway Zombie is the only correct answer

Depends on the qualifier.
If were asking about unique looks I would say Catharsi.
The dark imps are great for people learning code and projectiles.
My personnal goof flavor are the Possessed legs.
I have considered having them spawn with a variant code to run around for a few seconds after gib-killing a revenant.

I love the Hellion. Its basically just an imp with a stronger fireball, so you can put it anywhere on a map. Also, it has beautiful animations.

On 5/24/2023 at 7:30 PM, St. Mildly Annoyed said:

I found and tried out this monster from realm667, and I want to know your opinion on it, for future uses.

also, while I know you might've seen this talked about several times before, favorite realm667 monster?

I see a giant bipedal dog wearing a stylized bamboo hat with fire accents, and holding two handfuls of flaming sod. 

14 minutes ago, Jello said:

I see a giant bipedal dog wearing a stylized bamboo hat with fire accents, and holding two handfuls of flaming sod. 

So in other words, best monster ever.

5 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

So in other words, best monster ever.

Well, it could be. I'm just saying if I saw that show up in a map I would probably just start laughing.

2 minutes ago, Jello said:

Well, it could be. I'm just saying if I saw that show up in a map I would probably just start laughing.

Yup. I thought it was OK but now you have said it I can't  unsee it.

21 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

Yup. I thought it was OK but now you have said it I can't  unsee it.

That's what I thought as soon as I saw it. You've got the eyes under the hat, the big black nose, and the long smiling snout. And long ears on the sides.

Maybe he's just angry and digging up dirt because nobody has ever let him know he's a good boy. This monster could probably be defeated with walkies and a belly rub.

Just now, Jello said:

Maybe he's just angry and digging up dirt because nobody has ever let him know he's a good boy. This monster could probably defeated with walkies and a belly rub.

Hahahaha.

On 5/25/2023 at 11:30 AM, St. Mildly Annoyed said:

I want to know your opinion on it, for future uses.

Scary! It's neat how he resisted the temptation to make it some giant creature too. If my memory's right, this guy is only a tiny bit taller than the demon, and that's just because of his weird back spike thing.

Quite an interesting Classic Doom conversion of the Guardian from Doom 3.

Also, I see a vadrigar in the picture on the Realm667's main page, but am unable to find it. What name is given to him on the site?

Edited by Geniraul : typos

On 5/26/2023 at 2:05 PM, Jello said:

Damn, it does look pretty goofy when you look at it like that.

On 5/26/2023 at 3:37 PM, houston said:

Scary! It's neat how he resisted the temptation to make it some giant creature too. If my memory's right, this guy is only a tiny bit taller than the demon, and that's just because of his weird back spike thing.

is my brain running on a hearing aid sized battery right now, because I don't get the joke.

Or do I just have a real bad perception of it as well, because it looked way larger than the cyberdemon.

Edit: never mind, it's gigantic.

4 minutes ago, Gothic said:

Take your time to post, a forum doesn't work the same way as Discord

sorry, it's been a hot minute since I've last posted, and oddly enough I rarely use discord.

I know, I just thought it would be okay to discuss my opinion on each quote separately at the time, I didn't think about how it would clutter the thread.

Nice profile pic by the way.

On 5/25/2023 at 2:30 AM, St. Mildly Annoyed said:

I found and tried out this monster from realm667, and I want to know your opinion on it, for future uses.

Looks good. Do you have any videos of it in motion?

7 hours ago, St. Mildly Annoyed said:

is my brain running on a hearing aid sized battery right now, because I don't get the joke.

Or do I just have a real bad perception of it as well, because it looked way larger than the cyberdemon.

Edit: never mind, it's gigantic.

I've never seen it in-game, but going by the provided image it seems to only cover the center bit of a 250*140 image, mostly using up the vertical height. You should pretty easily be able to see the entire thing on your screen at once just by walking up to it.

1 hour ago, houston said:

I've never seen it in-game, but going by the provided image it seems to only cover the center bit of a 250*140 image, mostly using up the vertical height. You should pretty easily be able to see the entire thing on your screen at once just by walking up to it.

Sorry dude, I thought you've used seen this monster before and I can be really shit at picking up context at times. The image is nowhere to scale.

1260530092_Screenshot2023-05-27205707.png.1dc2a6c959d99669dd540476443db48b.png

Here's a screenshot, sorry if it's bad though. It also doesn't help this is the first forum I've used, and most sprite related posts I see tend to leave out size.

Edited by St. Mildly Annoyed

2 hours ago, Dreamskull said:

Compare it to the Gatekeeper thats already in realm667, youll have your true answer.

Thanks the Gate Keeper is pretty good, only downside is its duke Nukem origins, which could make it feel a bit out of place. It has a pretty dynamic move set as well.

I always thought so too and I completely agree. Its legit one of the best monsters Ive seen, but its a bit rude to want to see it redone.

If you can compete with it, youve got an excellent monster. Considering this one is a direct comparison, it should be easy to tell whats what.