Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello everyone!

I am a new user and I just registered because... well it's a long story and I think it should be told. Skip it if you don't want to read it.

***************** The story: why I am here***************** 

It all started a long time ago when my brother brought some floppy disks at home. On them there was a new game. Guess what? It was Doom.

From then on, I played all the versions and I have been a great fan of the game saga. I wouldn't be here if it was not.

Just after the release of Doom II I started to create my own maps. I don't remember what software I used at the time but it was complicated, and I needed to use more than one software to release a complete wad. But that was my idea from the beginning.

It all became easier when Slade was released and especially GZDoom. Even though I love the more recent releases of the Doom saga (and Quake, to be honest), my heart always stays with the original first two titles. No question about that. 

SO... in the last two years I revised and improved my two original mods. The first is called "Doom III Hell Again" (as you can see it was originally developed when there was only Doom e Doom II - I think it was 1994... possible?). The second is the one I would like to share with you: "The DOOMed".

Side story: my brother always told me to release it freely in the DoomWorld and make other players have fun with it. But I must say I haven't got the courage... until now... apparently.

***************** The game***************** 

TITLEPIC.png.b7b05451ad977774492736ba6212a4b1.png

The mod is a complete new story of 42 maps with new weapons, sounds (no music at all, only soundeffects!), graphics, objects and monsters. Most of the new things you will find in the game are from great people who developed them during the years. I mention them in the ending titles of the game.  

Many objects are in 3d: some I created them using some Voxel editor and I don't even remember which one - gosh!

To play with it you should use GZDoom with Vanilla (if you like) and brightmaps. I used the Doom II format (if that makes sense ... but well)  and the maps are from "map01" to "map42".

There are some surprises during the gameplay which, you may have understood by now, it is actually some sort of story. Very straight story, to be honest, but I think it gives the gameplay something more... I don't know. I probably just wanted to make it enjoyable and thrilling. It is actually a mixture of shot and run, with some puzzles in it (but nothing really complicated). More than anything else, it is meant to give great scenarios and strange places. With tons of monsters!

I put some pictures here (with caption), but believe me there are better places to visit in The DOOMed. I actually didn't want to spoil everything.

01.jpg.2d5bd679af7a78fdde51d764ca786210.jpg

One of the neur...  ahem...  no spoiler...

02.jpg.686c41d8d9795e65962a6d65ca8f7b3d.jpg

Classic temple? Who knows... 

03.jpg.f678c1654f9a5f957393b503e32373f9.jpg

Transparent floor. One of the many strange things I liked to create.

04.jpg.8be4ceaa20fbf9bfcb71f10033cf4150.jpg

New monster! And live cave ins... I believe this map is called "The Cave" - hmmm, I don't remember.

05.jpg.4cfafe0ca0ab2dfd0b9af9f24ef65a48.jpg

You will use a capsule to be deployed in a new map. That 's one of things I am most proud of. Gosh!

06.jpg.9bdfed5206161299212631f6cf55babd.jpg

Your captain in the main base! He will guide you through the story. Will he?

07.jpg.83e965b2d9df21064f734b588f685ce6.jpg

The monorail that takes to the labs... Could I miss the labs? Oh no!

And that's it.

Oh I forget where the file is, haven't I? 

You can find a zip containing the WAD here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FRKMJvYqxFqChWTqZWb9y1o3SiPV8Ptx/view?usp=drive_link

I hope it works. But in case of problems, I won't disappear, as I would really like to know what you think about it. 

Thank you.

EDIT: I apologize if I made any mistake by posting this. Please advise if so.

EDIT2: thanks for pointing out the issue and I apologise for the inconvenience.

IT NEEDS DOOM high resolution texture pack (zdoom-dhtp)
Link to download:

https://mega.nz/file/01IESYQJ#OnJIvkQPl6YWZwJExCr3L8vTfG5VqbMP0VL5A73Y6_U

Edited by Marco Del Corno : Improved information on functionality

I can't make it work. 

Spoiler

nOP3dpA.jpg

IVunbZb.jpg

Also, what is this? DEU II for making Doom2.wad? What? And in the text file you said you used Slade alone... 

Spoiler

NYCDxV9.jpg

Hello. That was the initial help screen for my Doom III, I probably forgot to remove it from The DOOMed! Silly me.

As I said I started those wads a long time ago. I actually forgot it was still there, my God. I am sorry about that, but my memory is not very good apparently.

To make it work, I simply use GZDoom. I don't understand. I am probably missing something, and I apologise for that.

I add my gzdoom ini file that maybe can help you. gzdoom_portable.zip

32 minutes ago, Marco Del Corno said:

After your note, I downloaded GzDoom from

https://github.com/ZDoom/gzdoom/releases/download/g4.10.0/gzdoom-4-10-0-Windows-64bit.zip

I placed the wad file "The DOOMed.wad" into the gzdoom folder.

And I discovered what is the file missing: zdoom-dhtp-20180514.pk3 

So it is the DOOM high resolution texture pack which you're missing.

Sorry about that.

As a tip, you should provide all the files needed to load the mod in the first thread of the post (except of course the iWad).
That texture pack doesn't come included with GzDoom, and it stands to reason that most people don't have it or don't have to guess that it's required.

Played some of this and this isn't too bad! Like the story's not brilliant by any means, but it serves the was at least. The main thing was how the early techbase levels (like up to 3 o4 4) just look like empty spaces. Thankfully, this proved to be less of an issue later on, although some of that was due to the spaces seeming a little les based in reality anyways. Still, the map design seems basic enough some people might get a little bored for a bit. But it's still a nice idea! Granted, I didn't really play so many levels that I got to any filler maps but this still isn't bad, personally. Anyone who can actually finish this is free to correct me - but this is a one-person megawad and certain design tendencies will make themselves obvious long before most people can complete this, I suspect.

Also, this should probably go in Wad Releases since it's not really a gameplay mod, just has some non-vanilla enemies later on and such.

11 hours ago, LadyMistDragon said:

Played some of this and this isn't too bad! Like the story's not brilliant by any means, but it serves the was at least. The main thing was how the early techbase levels (like up to 3 o4 4) just look like empty spaces. Thankfully, this proved to be less of an issue later on, although some of that was due to the spaces seeming a little les based in reality anyways. Still, the map design seems basic enough some people might get a little bored for a bit. But it's still a nice idea! Granted, I didn't really play so many levels that I got to any filler maps but this still isn't bad, personally. Anyone who can actually finish this is free to correct me - but this is a one-person megawad and certain design tendencies will make themselves obvious long before most people can complete this, I suspect.

Also, this should probably go in Wad Releases since it's not really a gameplay mod, just has some non-vanilla enemies later on and such.

Thank you for the kind mini-review. I appreciate it.

And basically I might even agree with you, considering the wad was made quite a long time ago.