Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mizuki_Jun10

First hell theme level I did.

(Topic formed by the help of DeepL Translator for not being an American lol.)

Hello DOOMworld guys, it's been a long time since I've created or commented on anything here, the last time I was here, was a project I've already abandoned.

And today, I have finalized my first PC bought with my own money.

And with that, for about 2 or 3 months now, I have been creating some levels of DOOM, because this wonderful computer here does not make it difficult for me to create them, unlike my previous computer.

But anyway, I bring to you my first hellish theme level that I created in my life, very few levels I finished,

As a person with Attention Deficit Disorder, I admit it's not easy to deal with serious projects or themes due to lack of attention and mood, but with much, much effort I managed to finish this level, which was inspired by E4M2 Perfect Hatred from John Romero (I love this level.)

It turned out quite different in structure, with some similarities here and there.

The texturing was close to that of Sigil by John Romero.

I'm a beginner in game design, the more levels I make, the closer I am to deciding whether or not to pursue a professional career in game development.

Everyone has a beginning, and I decided to apply this, with my love for DOOM.

The level is short, simple, and very challenging, I recommend you to insist as much as possible to get to the end, forgive me for the difficulty.

And I think you love secrets, so I dug a little deeper into this tip from John Romero.

(REMEMBERING THAT MUSIC FROM ULTMIDI WAS INCLUDED IN THE WAD!)

E3M6 MYRGHAROK - On a Sea of Lava!!!
From The Ultimate Midi Pack.

A slight description to increase immersion:

The level takes place in a demonic Underground Structure from which forces from hell emerged from an earth portal, and met a laboratory demolished by demons thus merging both natures.

So you fall into it, and suddenly realize that the only way to escape from it is in the demonic pit itself, but of course things won't be easy for you.

The force from which you escaped through the forged portal, brought with it its own monstrous essence.

Survive, now, or die.

To make the map work, use the keyboard command IDCLEV04 to move to level 4 because for some reason I put it as level 04 from the original DOOM II campaign.

You need to use a BOOM compatible port to make the level work.

In the end I did my best. 
(It took a lot of work to develop).

It took me 1 day to finish the initial concept, and I realized that the level needed to be short, but not that short, and I was very lucky that the difficulty helped with that, so the rest like:
Balance, texture adjustments, secrets and among others were finished in 3 days.

I hope you like it, I hope you love it, give me tips if you can.

Have a great day.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Captura de Tela (6).png

Captura de Tela (8).png

LDS.zip

Edited by Mizuki_Jun10

10 minutes ago, TheNonDrinkingLeprechaun said:

Dying a lot playing this hahaha
good map man!

I'm sorry my friend lmao.

I was very lucky with this level, in the end it lasted longer than I thought, it doesn't even seem like I am a beginner with DOOM mapping, my previous levels were not that solid, I hope you had fun.

It's really not too bad, apart from maybe the Spectres at the beginning that one will probably not go back to kill since the shotgun is a couple of rooms away through some tight corridors. Otherwise, many of said narrow corridors seemed to curve around with basically little purpose or direction. The detailing was not too bad though and it certainly does it's job! 

Although UV Max seems impractical, not the least because it often feels much too dangerous to hunt for secrets and a non-secret chaingun should really be handed out much sooner. Believe it.

Tried recording a video but uh, I'm a little distracted right now. Safe to say that more powerful weapons should probably be provided out in the opening because it makes things probably more infuriating than you might have intended (I know, what map did I play, haha).

In the end, I finished with 6 out of 15 secrets. Don't sell yourself short. Like I guess maybe you wish you could've done more in most of the rooms, but it's not that bad of an effort.

Edited by LadyMistDragon

19 hours ago, LadyMistDragon said:

It's really not too bad, apart from maybe the Spectres at the beginning that one will probably not go back to kill since the shotgun is a couple of rooms away through some tight corridors. Otherwise, many of said narrow corridors seemed to curve around with basically little purpose or direction. The detailing was not too bad though and it certainly does it's job! 

Although UV Max seems impractical, not the least because it often feels much too dangerous to hunt for secrets and a non-secret chaingun should really be handed out much sooner. Believe it.

Tried recording a video but uh, I'm a little distracted right now. Safe to say that more powerful weapons should probably be provided out in the opening because it makes things probably more infuriating than you might have intended (I know, what map did I play, haha).

In the end, I finished with 6 out of 15 secrets. Don't sell yourself short. Like I guess maybe you wish you could've done more in most of the rooms, but it's not that bad of an effort.

Very brave of you to play in UV Max because I took Ultra Violence very seriously, I wanted to cause an infighting strategy at the beginning with the chaingunners to make the spectres die, I ended up forcing the shotgun as a main weapon the whole level, next time I will make the appearance of more weapons, I ended up not finding much room for them in the level.

Thanks for your honesty, the secret ones have good rewards built into them, I did my best to make them very obvious to find, some badly aligned textures already seemed like a good clue.

I would like to see a gameplay of you in UV Max, because I can't finish it lol.

20 hours ago, LadyMistDragon said:

I just Rebalanced, I hope it's a little better, the beginning requires a lot of insistence, but finding secrets can improve the experience a little.

1 hour ago, Mizuki_Jun10 said:

Very brave of you to play in UV Max because I took Ultra Violence very seriously, I wanted to cause an infighting strategy at the beginning with the chaingunners to make the spectres die, I ended up forcing the shotgun as a main weapon the whole level, next time I will make the appearance of more weapons, I ended up not finding much room for them in the level.

Thanks for your honesty, the secret ones have good rewards built into them, I did my best to make them very obvious to find, some badly aligned textures already seemed like a good clue.

I would like to see a gameplay of you in UV Max, because I can't finish it lol.

lmao, maybe some other time. There's so many other maps out there, and I'm a little exhausted at the moment.

6 hours ago, RataUnderground said:

I could use a lot more medikits xD

I loved the video, thanks for posting it, it gives me more inspiration to continue practicing my level design.

Maybe it would help you more to know that there is a secret eye next to the soulsphere at the beginning where you have access to the beginning of the level with a Super Shotgun and the medkits, there is also a plasma rifle and blue armor in the shotgunners room and cacodemons among the blue torches just after the mancubus ambush.