Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
⇛Marnetmar⇛

The Mourning Halls - Director's Cut Edition

Update: Accidentally left a couple super hellslime sectors in that I forgot to remove, plus a couple texture misalignments in the starting area that I glossed over. Fixed and link updated.

EDIT:

God dammit, found a couple other bugs. Updated again.

Edited by ⇛Marnetmar⇛

Really enjoyed this! Not sure if I'm familiar with the original, I may have played DTWID-LE but if I have its been a few years.

This map was definitely fiendish in parts! I played myself a bit by getting too cocky with the Berserk, which led to running on fumes healthwise for much of the map. Cyberdemon bit was extra tense for that haha. I didn't find a single secret so I'll definitely have to revisit. Loved the visuals and grandiose blood temple looks.

incidentally if you want to play this in my "overstuffed doom" mod, just rename the map to B4M6 in Slade and load it alongside DBTWID, or else replace B4M6 in that pk3 with this map

23 minutes ago, hfc2x said:

I like how this doesn't make my brain tired lol.

Just so everyone is aware, @hfc2x here played both versions of mourning halls back to back because he's a masochist who enjoys pain. Send him all of your most enormous maps, he will enjoy it very very much.

Really cool map! Felt like it fits in perfectly with thy flesh consumed. It just took me a while cause I was stupid and @Biodegradable forgot things 

Still really cool map bud watch me play it badly here: 

I've made a wee change to the starting area. Have fun ;)

Edit: 

@Clippy It looks like I've not done a particularly great job of signposting the two teleporters in the big blood area that take you to the outer ledge; Biodegradable had the same issue as well. Are there any changes you would suggest to make them more clear?

Edited by ⇛Marnetmar⇛

9 hours ago, ⇛Marnetmar⇛ said:

I've made a wee change to the starting area. Have fun ;)

Edit: 

@Clippy It looks like I've not done a particularly great job of signposting the two teleporters in the big blood area that take you to the outside ledge; Biodegradable had the same issue as well. Are there any changes you would suggest to make them more clear?

not sure @Biodegradable what do u think? I squandered the rad suits so couldn't explore that - maybe ppl might not think to run through burning areas for progression.

I know bio hates arrows

a trail of health potions?

find smarter players? lol