• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dsda-dev

dsda-doom v0.26.2 UDMF [2023-06-04]

23 minutes ago, lastplayer said:

I detected 2 problems or bugs in the latest version

• 1-The color of blood (bloodcolor.deh) in Eviternity

I don't know if it should look like that in this version.

The dark green is 0.26.2 and the light green is 0.25.6

• 2-Adjust sprite clipping
With opengl in version 0.26.2 they sink into the ground and in 0.25.6 they stay above the ground
(In 0.25.6 I am using indexed lighting mode)

These are known limitations currently. I decided I want sprites at the right position in opengl, with the clipping, rather than having them at the wrong position, without clipping.

3 hours ago, dsda-dev said:

These are known limitations currently. I decided I want sprites at the right position in opengl, with the clipping, rather than having them at the wrong position, without clipping.

Thanks for answering :)

And is there a way to modify it or is it implemented in future versions?

And about the colored blood, would you know why it happens?

Sorry if this isn't a great place to post this, but how am I supposed to build this from source on Linux (Fedora/Nobara to be specific). Everytime I run make I just get this

kaleb@kaleb-nobara build]$ make
[  0%] Building C object data/CMakeFiles/rdatawad.dir/rd_main.c.o
[  0%] Building C object data/CMakeFiles/rdatawad.dir/rd_util.c.o
[  1%] Building C object data/CMakeFiles/rdatawad.dir/rd_output.c.o
[  1%] Building C object data/CMakeFiles/rdatawad.dir/rd_sound.c.o
[  2%] Building C object data/CMakeFiles/rdatawad.dir/rd_palette.c.o
[  2%] Building C object data/CMakeFiles/rdatawad.dir/rd_graphic.c.o
[  3%] Linking C executable rdatawad
[  3%] Built target rdatawad
[  4%] Generating ../dsda-doom.wad
[  4%] Built target dsda-doom-wad
src/CMakeFiles/dsda-doom.dir/build.make:3903: warning: overriding recipe for target 'dsda-doom'
src/CMakeFiles/dsda-doom.dir/build.make:3893: warning: ignoring old recipe for target 'dsda-doom'
src/CMakeFiles/dsda-doom.dir/build.make:3903: warning: overriding recipe for target 'dsda-doom'
src/CMakeFiles/dsda-doom.dir/build.make:3893: warning: ignoring old recipe for target 'dsda-doom'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target 'optimized', needed by 'dsda-doom'.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:169: src/CMakeFiles/dsda-doom.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:136: all] Error 2
[kaleb@kaleb-nobara build]$

@kaleb. cd into prboom2, then type `cmake . -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release` then `make`

Install prefix is optional/variable depending on if/where you want to install it, the build type is what's necessary. If you're already doing that then I dunno :p

2 minutes ago, plums said:

@kaleb. cd into prboom2, then type `cmake . -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release` then `make`

Install prefix is optional/variable depending on if/where you want to install it, the build type is what's necessary. If you're already doing that then I dunno :p

Yup, that did the trick. I only build things from source like once every two years so I had no idea that was something I had to do lol. Thank a lot!

On 10/8/2023 at 3:21 PM, lastplayer said:

And is there a way to modify it or is it implemented in future versions?

As I understand it, the best solution would be to have an over-draw pass at the end of the frame generation that draws the sprites so they appear on top of the floor texture.  It's how it was implemented in Strife: Veteren Edition I believe, but AFAIK no Doom source port has ever implemented it.

edit: was able to download in Chrome after a computer restart...

Edited by TheShep

2KNVFk9.png

For some reason, when playing Valiant MAP28 (it's the room immediately to the left of the start) on the latest dsda doom the trick for the lightbridge effect is broken like so. Is this just a me thing? It works fine on Eternity for me.

3 hours ago, Catpho said:

For some reason, when playing Valiant MAP28 (it's the room immediately to the left of the start) on the latest dsda doom the trick for the lightbridge effect is broken like so. Is this just a me thing? It works fine on Eternity for me.

Yes, midtex bleeding was broken in 0.26.2 for some cases. It's since been fixed for the next release.

16 hours ago, dsda-dev said:

Yes, midtex bleeding was broken in 0.26.2 for some cases. It's since been fixed for the next release.

Do you know when this release might drop?

What are your thoughts reimplementing the boom advanced hud health/ammo/armor bars as an argument for the "text" hud components? It's just something I miss from before the hud rework.

etrn00.png.6a382075fe5bf94530a33b2aff06b36f.png

(pic is eternity but you get the point)

11 hours ago, Firebert said:

What are your thoughts reimplementing the boom advanced hud health/ammo/armor bars as an argument for the "text" hud components? It's just something I miss from before the hud rework.

I plan on having more graphical options in the hud in the future.