Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HQDefault

TOXIC TROUBLE - Single level for Doom 2

Whoa, this map's a non-stop thrill ride from beginning to end. I utterly adore the level flow and combat, fam. This is one of those kind of maps that is quite frenetic, but never frantic. Just lots of fun, simple tricks that keep the player on their toes the entire time without feeling too exasperating. Way too much fun! 10/10!

Really nice!
Intense with non-stop action, and the texturing is pretty good too.
I wish more maps were like this, hard without going overboard with monster count.

16 hours ago, BerserkerNoir said:

Really nice!
Intense with non-stop action, and the texturing is pretty good too.
I wish more maps were like this, hard without going overboard with monster count.

MFW I realize that Project Brutality fucks up UDMF texture transparency, meaning that it breaks every map that uses stock textures for glass windows

446cfa75-fcf4-4ec5-88bd-d07cd38a.png.e06d6f33dcb2b4ceb73ec1f8339e4f2e.png

Y u do this PB

Y u gotta break things with all ur fancy effects

U P D A T E   T I M E

-Improved telegraphing for a few secrets

-Fixed a lift having a missing lower texture

-Made it so the door to that lift no longer requires a blue key, instead there's just a wall that opens after you pass a certain threshold

-Changed the texture on a window to use a custom texture so now hopefully it won't break with Project Brutality shader mods

Edited by HQDefault

1 hour ago, HQDefault said:

MFW I realize that Project Brutality fucks up UDMF texture transparency, meaning that it breaks every map that uses stock textures for glass windows

446cfa75-fcf4-4ec5-88bd-d07cd38a.png.e06d6f33dcb2b4ceb73ec1f8339e4f2e.png

Y u do this PB

Y u gotta break things with all ur fancy effects

I wont blame PB, rather me because I loaded custom PBR and other Shaders.
That might be the reason

1 hour ago, BerserkerNoir said:

I wont blame PB, rather me because I loaded custom PBR and other Shaders.
That might be the reason

Ah, good to know

53 minutes ago, NaliSeed said:

Toxic Trouble; sounds like a good name for a Donkey Kong Country level. 

Presumably with "Fear Factory" playing in the background :P

hi! completed this in [uv]. gorgeous vanilla aesthetics. good use of space, did not feel too spacious nor too cramped even with monsters. and the battles were really nice - not too sadistic/grindy but not too easy-going either. superbly balanced. hope you make more maps like this! thanks :)

This was a really fun map!

I really like it when a map make good use of previously visited area.

Cool map bro  

That secret is hilarious and unexpected I love it 

44 minutes ago, Clippy said:

Cool map bro  

That secret is hilarious and unexpected I love it 

I'm glad you guys liked my map so much. Also, I'm really glad I got to see someone's reaction to the stupid one-sided switch secret. I was giggling like an idiot when I put that in :P

5 hours ago, HQDefault said:

I'm glad you guys liked my map so much. Also, I'm really glad I got to see someone's reaction to the stupid one-sided switch secret. I was giggling like an idiot when I put that in :P

A worthy giggle. I absolutely love it 😂

As others have said, this has got a real nice flow that keeps the player on their toes without overwhelming them - the ROTT pistols were an absolutely perfect fit for it. The "long" nukage room (second screenshot of OP) with all the infighting was a bunch of fun, too.

Look forward to tackling it again in UV.

Played this on UV after David's playthrough. Enjoyable little venture though I was partially spoiled in regards to the traps, so it was a relatively easy one shot. The shining part of the map are the secrets. It's simple to make a hard to find area and put a power up in there (looking at you, one-sided switch) but the vantage points are awesome: the first red door shortcut and ambushing a group from behind with a barrel, then the vent to peek-a-boo the enemies. 25 minutes of killing and exploring, job well done.