WhatsApp Image 2023-06-03 at 17.26.49.png

WhatsApp Image 2023-06-03 at 17.26.49 (1).png

WhatsApp Image 2023-06-03 at 17.26.50.png

WhatsApp Image 2023-06-03 at 17.26.50 (1).png

WhatsApp Image 2023-06-03 at 17.26.51.png

WhatsApp Image 2023-06-03 at 17.26.51 (1).png

MAP01.zip

Edited by 80s_guy

Played and it's ok, a little too basic and short. Those invisible imps could have been utilized more, and it felt alot of the attention mainly just went into the big fight of the wad with all the other rooms feeling like an after thought. I do appreciate you goin' with the good ol' "hey, this wall looks weird, maybe it's a secret" falsify, but the best secrets are where you least expect it and rely on your raw secret-finding instincts. I'd rate it a 2/5, but hey, it's a first map, I'm sure you'll get better. If you want to experience some amazing, classic style mapping however, go play Nostalgia and take some notes from it's level design.

Link:

give me a review... " please "

Edited by FEDEX

18 hours ago, 80s_guy said:

...this wad works on any doom source port...

I am judging only by looking at the screenshots, but I saw few occurrences of using WALLs textures on FLATs, so I guess that only "GZDoom" now can handle this WAD.

Something like "DSDA-Doom" 100% gonna throw an error at you and same goes to "Crispy Doom".

I played this and since i have a pet peeve on being honest when giving feedback on maps and since your starting out i'll make it easy to understand for you.

Your map is ok, not great but it's ok. Now don't feel bad or get upset when people leave super harsh criticism, believe me i've dealt with it before and all i did was use it to make my maps better. But yes your map is what they would call "babies first doom wad" meaning your new to the mapping scene and it's hard again believe me it is. 

Now since i am novice mapper myself what i like to do is give out a some advice and tips on how to be better, think of it as i am passing on knowledge from what i've learned on to you.

1. Think of a theme for your map / wad - What this means is think of something and run with it. Good example is with my community maps i made for a project a while ago. One theme i had was cave / caverns. I took that theme and turned it into a mining facility.

2. Never get discourage - Don't let people get under your skin on wither or not your good at mapping. There's a difference between people giving helpful advice and people that are plane D-Bags and think there better then everyone else.

3. Get inspiration from other mappers - What i mean is play doom or doom 2 wads, if you see something you like or something looks cool in a way you want to use it. Incorporate it into your own style, never ever EVER rip someone else's map stuff and call it your own, that's not inspiration...that's be super lazy.

4. Learn Vanilla format before going into UDMF format - I only say this is because i started with Vanilla format i.e Doom: Doom format, there is boom format but that's just an enhanced version of vanilla in my option. Now Ultimate Doom Map Format (UDMF) is advance and still makes me stumped to use, but that's just me.

5. Always ALWAYS listen to feedback - This is the most important thing when mapping. Always listen to people feedbacks, yes they will be harsh at times but use it to get better at mapping and never let it hold you back. Good example i can use for this is when i released my first episode of my solo project for Ultimate doom. The feedback was positive but there we're some negatives as well. Did that stop me from mapping? No, just me get better at it in the end.

Bonus: Play around with the editor and see what works - Basically play around and see what kind of crazy things you can make for a room or a layout or a boss fight.

I hope this helps out, i like giving advice and helpful tips to new people from what i've learned in mapping. I went from babies first doom maps to a novice mapper that is striving to do better.   

thanks for the advice i will use it 

i dont known what version of the map you played but if you dident try the 2.0 version give it a go 

thanks for evrything