Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stupid_N00b

Using a Total Conversion

Hi guys

I know this is probably a retarded question, but I downloaded ZDoom, and it came with Doom II. I recently found the Army of Darkness Doom 2 total conversion and wanted to play it, but I really just don't understand how I would go about doing it. If you guys could help me out, I'd be very thankful, thanks.

-Stupid_N00b

but I downloaded ZDoom, and it came with Doom II.

I don't believe you..

-file AOD.wad should be the combination.

you do this by making a shortcut of the zdoom exe then add the command above in the target bit of the properties of the shortcut.

So it should be like this.

c:\doom2\zdoom.exe -file AOD.wad

edit:whoops

Stupid_N00b said:

I downloaded ZDoom, and it came with Doom II.

If you downloaded it from the official ZDooM site it would not have included DooM2.

I .... wanted to play it, but I really just don't understand how I would go about doing it.

There are 3 ways in which you can play an add-on wad:

1. Use the command line (or MSDOS prompt, depending on your OS) and, from your ZDooM directory type ZDooM -file (wadname). If you wish you can load other files (e.g., DeHacked, other wads, etc.) by adding their names to your command line. You can add other parameters too, such as warping to a given level, starting from a skill level, etc.
    2. Put your command line in a batch file, and run it from your desktop or anywhere else. To do this, open up MS Notepad, type in your command line, save as a text file, close file, rename the file by changing its extension from .txt to .bat.
    3. Use a ZDooM launcher. You can find a list of them at the official ZDooM site to which I linked above.
EDIT: You can create a shortcut, as BlueSonnet suggested, which works the same way as a batch file.

Stupid_N00b said:

...said it wasn't a valid target

Make sure that AOD.wad is in the same folder as your ZDooM files and your DooM2 files.

Stupid_N00b said:

fuck it, I'm too dumb.

c:\<insert doom folder>\zdoom.exe -file aod.wad

Trust me, it' will work. (or depending on the version of zdoom you got, you can just drag and drop the aod.wad onto the exe. :) )

Stupid_N00b said:

I know this is probably a retarded question, but I downloaded ZDoom, and it came with Doom II.

Don't you mean you downloaded doom2 and it came with zdoom?

Nick Perrin said:

Don't you mean you downloaded doom2 and it came with zdoom?

There is a version of zdoom on kazaa like that... stupid thing has the word DCM coming in sept. 1999 all over the green textures. (I have legally bought doom 2 with my own money so i have the right to download it)

Linguica said:

Last time I checked, AOD-DOOM was composed of several WADs, not just one "AOD.wad"

It's been a while, so sue me not. :P