Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stupid_N00b

How to use a Total Conversion?

Hi

First off, the only version of Doom 2 I have is Zdoom. Recently I downloaded the Army of Darkness Doom II total conversion... and I have NO IDEA how to use it. Could someone maybe help me out? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

most TCs were made with the original exe in mind.
some dehacked files and resource files can be run without installing anything... so you might not be out of luck.
I'm at work atm, so I cannot check to see what is needed for this TC.
gl.

I think this might work. Try putting all the nescessary files in your Zdoom folder and use they code below in your run menu to get it to work.

C:\(Your DOOM directory)\Zdoom.exe -iwad (The wads name)

If that doesn't work then try adding other nessacary files with

-file (Filename)

If you want to use more then one file just put a space and then the next file name

-file (File 1) (File 2), etc

I hope this helps!

Click and dragging the TC .wad over the latest ZDoom exe will work like a dream. If you don't have the latest ZDoom exe, go get it.
Note that this also works for all other wads as well.

Stupid_N00b said:

First off, the only version of Doom 2 I have is Zdoom. Recently I downloaded the Army of Darkness Doom II total conversion... and I have NO IDEA how to use it. Could someone maybe help me out? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Well, for starters, you could use the ZDoom launcher. I got it to work by going to "Options", then clicking on "Preferences". I then entered the pathname of the ZDoom executable, and clicked "Okay".

Then on "Advanced Options", I clicked on the "Use Custom PWAD(S)" and "Use DeHackEd Patch" check boxes and selected the files I wanted to use, then hit "Launch Game."

I did all of this, and it worked!