Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Abandoned_Account

ColorDoom mod

ColorDoom is my first mod ever, some lazy sprite work but i was aiming for gameplay than looks.
So in this mod all your weapons from pistol up to plasma rifle have colors, red, yellow and blue, using alt fire switch colors
U will notice colorful monsters in the colors of your weapons, yeah that right they are connected, u can kill only if your gun is same color as enemy
Dont worry melee and bfg dont have colors and can damage all enemies, smae goes for gray enemies, bosses and barrels, those can be damaged by any weapon

Most Doom2 monsters will not have colored projectiles cause i suck with decorate and didnt wanted to write 3x times same script for those monsters, in other monsters i just copied what zdoom wiki showed me lmao.

NOTE: Archvile might have few uncollored spriotes due to "\" missing in the sprite names. i couldnt write them in SLADE3 and those were removed after i esxtracted monster sprites as png. But he work normally dont worry
Bosses like Cyberdemon dont have any color cause those are bosses not regular enemies, Baron of Hell is gray because Hellknights are collorful so to not mistake them and ofcourse to win Knee Deep In The Dead episode faster, Barons are gray.

I did this mod alone with small help of two people (they helped with DECORATE stuff).
I dont want this mod to blow up or be popular because i see it as a gold with shit parts on it which i cant clean. If you like it well im happy you enjoyed it! If not i understand why, lazy work etc etc.
Im posting it here so yall can play or upgrade this mod to look and work better. Feel free to use it but i would like to be still the OG creator in the credits, i had this idea for a mod for a long time and i tried finally made it even if it might be a little crap.
Sadly im gonna stick to making maps in ultdoombuilder, i dont wanna touch monsters anymore

Here is the mod file:

ColorDoom.7z