Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WoodWork

FiveUAC (Alpha)

Hey there! First post on my account. Recently I got a copy of ultimate doom builder. I tried out doom builder 2 but there were some things

that I didn't really like. Anywho I decided to get started on my very first doom wad. (FiveUAC) It's done but that doesn't mean that I don't wanna

tweak some things and see how I can improve. I know for a first wad there's more than likely tons of things that I can do better with this wad. Again

this is my first wad so take it easy on me.

Note: This is a doom ultimate wad. and vanilla. However, you can play this with mods if you'd like.

image.png.18ff24a2e2a32aa7624bb6d0e940556e.png

image.png.11f20f675c9e6e24b9d66f7dad6aabce.png

It takes around 14 minutes to beat.

The wad also seems to work with chocolate doom, crispy doom, and gzdoom.

Feel free to try it out with untested source ports with something like perhaps zdoom. (not tested)

Episode: The entire level is on E1M1.

Crouching, jumping, or sliding are not required.

If you want, You can modify it with your own copy of ultimate doom builder (or whatever map editor), and modify it.

Heck maybe even send a patch if you want.

OH and before I mention there is a story. (a short one)

You are a lonely marine trapped in UAC. UAC experiments with their

own portal and accidentally open a gateway to hell itself. The demons flood

UAC. However not even UAC itself was able to withstand it. All UAC personal is dead but

you remain. Your mission here is too reach the portal and killing all the demons along the way

and shutting it down. However something is off here. There's no dead bodys of your fellow troops?

Why aren't there TONS of demons. I mean after all this is a gateway too fricking Hell itself right?

Instead there are just 2 imps in the room and 1 Dwayne johnson wannabe baron of hell. There so cute..

Too bad you're going to blow them too hell. literally. As you reach the portal the kill switch is broken leaving

the portal remaining on. Theres only one way too stop this and its going into hell itself and turning the portal from

inside out. Now you remain in the middle of hell with the goal of reaching too the other end and back down too

earth.

The game ends once you go through the portal. I was thinking about making a second wad too this

but we will see doomer..

Feedback and Criticism is welcome (if constructive).

Thank you!

Download: https://doomshack.org/uploads/FiveUAC.wad

I completed FiveUAC.wad with GZDoom using Brutal Doom Community Expansion brutalv21.14.0.pk3 DOOM mod, basic Ultimate DOOM map, 70/100. The greatest flaw in the map is the visual qualities with nothing to look at in the entire level, but the gameplay is top level.

NEGATIVES

Missing textures or the same textures repeating in the rooms, door tracks move with the doors, and the door tracks are not textured either. Textures are out of alignment, but I will leave the visual qualities alone, because you are new to building DOOM maps. Most areas of the map are completely flat, and needs more elevation variety.

POSITIVES

Gameplay length of the map was was closer to 30 minutes and I prefer gameplay variety, because gameplay variety catches the player by surprise. Teleporting enemies, switches to press, keys to find, branching pathways etc.

I look forward to the next DOOM map you release.