Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mewse

GNU Doomsday Release

Get it? Gnu or new? Anyhow, version 1.7.7 of the Doomsday Engine has been released, with small bugfixes and features, such as:

• Graphics glitches fixed: high-resolution flats with alphachannel were garbled, possible sector lightlevel overflow onclientside (e.g. jHexen map 26), jHeretic status bar flickering.
  • -texdir2 option wasn't working correctly. The texturepaths were checked in the wrong order.
  • Switch texture pairs are now loaded at the same time. Thisremoves a momentary stutter when using high-resolution textures.
  • Support for custom particle textures, somewhat akin toS.Zenith's particle mod.The differences: textures must be named ParticleNN.ext,where NN is a two-digit number between 00 and 31. The first textureis thus e.g. Particle00.tga. pt_tex* flags are definedin Special.ded and begin from the value 100.
  • Flat particles stick to planes and follow them if they move(both floors and ceilings).
  • Particle radius may have a random component(Generator:Stage:Radius rnd).
  • jDoom: console variable player-air-movement added.Controls the player's movement speed while airborne, allowingjumping onto ledges. The default value is 1, which is quite weakbut effective enough.[/list]

• However, possibly the most interesting part of this news update is that the Doomsday codebase has been released under the GPL, and now has a Sourceforge project.

I hate doom, it's such a gloom. Maybe I shouldn't have eaten that last shroom, or have had sex with that broom, I think I'll hide in a pretty girls whoom.

Heh this is good. finally we can have a GPL core and non-GPL bits added in legitimately.

Look forward to some binaries for alternative operating systems.

Sign in to follow this