Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy

READ!!!!

Release Date June 2002.

Approximate time is 91 minutes.

Budget is a whopping 120 mil.

Early:
"Doom was set up at Universal, where Ivan Reitman was producing. They took several passes at the script, but it never amounted to much. Universal let it go and Tri-Star jumped on it. Part of the problem was the tone. Universal wanted to make it like 'Ghostbusters'. That, obviously, is a bad idea. Tri-Star wants to be true to the game and our primary goal is to create a story that won't alienate the die-hard fans. The studio really likes the 'hell on Earth' concept. The story will have something to do with an alternate evolution from the bowels of the Earth that makes its way topside. Like the game, our heroes will be locked in combat with the creatures and forced to annihilate them. If you've played the game then you know there isn't much story there. Tri-Star has handed Doom to Dark Horizons. We've overcome that hurdle and hope to begin writing any day now."

Recent:
"2002: Doom - Based on the computer game. A distress call from an installation on Mars signals a terrifying enemy has taken control and will soon find a way to reach Earth. A group of tough space marines land on the planet to contain and annihilate the threat, but are overwhelmed."

People involved for FACT: John Frank Rosenblum, Dark Horizons, Ethos {maybe}.

Trailer shown to me {cannot show}looks VERY good

Rumors: All the Rumors you hear are either old news or lies. This post has all inside fact that I managed to get. All people involved refuse to email me back nor tell me further more info. *Todd Hollenshead of id is possibly helping.

So there you have it. Along with the release of Doom3 will come Doom the movie based very close to Doom3, especially for the fact that it will take place on Mars.

-Jeremy

where do you get this bullshit?

Correction : Where do you get this extremly cool info? :)

Seriously, this sounds good!

DiSTuRBeD is very correct. This news is true, and certainly not bull-shit. I have been looking DEEP into the Doom movie production. A have searched all 18,000 pages at Yahoo including the words "Doom movie".

I have been looking for a very long time.

I have contacted many many places in search for the truth. Hollywood does not just let titles lie around like this.

I FINALLY made contact, and this is the info I get; 2002 release, 91 minutes long, $120,000,000 budget, story based around Doom/Doom3.

I FINALLY made contact, and this is the info I get;

...from somebody who probably wanted to get rid of your annoying ass.

Probably...but as I said to Dima and his predictions, we'll see about that one. If it turns to be true there's a 85% I'll be pissed off, cause no one can make the DooM movie right.

cause no one can make the DooM movie right.

...except me, of course.

well then lut, make it with your smart ass self.
it souldnt take to long.

i got this at a web sight

Flynn "Fly" Taggart - Howie Long (Firestorm, Broken Arrow)

Arlene Sanders - Lori Petty (Tank Girl) / Diane Lane (Judge Dredd)

Lieutenant Weems - Jason Alexander (Seinfeld)

Gunnery Sergeant Goforth - Fred Ward (Tremors, Remo Williams)

Albert Gallatin - Bill Paxton (Twister)

Jill Lovelace - Natalie Portman (The Professional) / Christina Ricci (Casper)

President of the Four - Tommy Lee Jones (Men in Black)

Ken - Forest Whitaker (Species)

Esteban Hidalgo - Edward James Olmos (American Me)

Dr. Ackerman - Jack Lemmon (Grumpy Old Men)

Comments: You lost sleep playing the game, and so it follows that there are literally millions of Doomheads out there who'd pay for a movie ticket to see this ultra-gore fest on the big screen. Doom has a lot of winning elements that could translate to a peppy, kinetic screenplay depending upon who the producers hire to work on the first screenplay draft. One absolutely necessary ingredient is the dark humor tossed at the player throughout the game. The hapless Marine's facial expressions as he makes his way along the deserted corridors, the almost-comedic sight of former Marines shambling towards you, complete with disturbing sounds and so on. As well, part of Doom's appeal was the horror element - the shadows, the nightmarish grunts eminating from down that darkened corridor that are coming closer; sprinting away from a losing battle, turning a corner and finding yourself face-to-face with a 10-foot demon. We haven't seen that at the picture show in a while.

Rumors: 1st Quarter, 1996... As Doom II was released to instant success in the computer games world, a interesting rumor filtered its way down to various computer gaming magazines - apparently actor Tom Berenger is a hard-core Doomer himself, and wanted to play the part of the Space Marine in the film version. Nothing has appeared to confirm Bergener's alleged statement.

to read more, go here
http://www.corona.bc.ca/films/details/doom.html

Riiigght.

So this movie is coming out in LESS THAN a year, which means that for something which would have to be as special-effects-laden as a Doom movie would be, it's already finished filming, or at least heavily into pre-production. Actors would have been signed, sets would be under construction, there would be thousands of pages of concept art and renderings.

And yet despite being a major motion picture for a well-known franchise, and with $120 million being thrown around, NO ONE in the mainstream press has heard as much as a whisper of such a movie being made. The actors in the movie apparently aren't telling anyone why they're booked for six weeks or what movie they're filming. No snitches or fanboys that work at studios (and there are plenty) have been able to sneak out the EXISTENCE of such a movie, much less anything about it.

Well, it's pretty fucking likely. Do you have any idea how may people are gonna buy D3? all i can say is "$$$$$$$$$". Since it's SP only, we can count on a good story.

We've talked about how the Intro cinematic might look. Well, we might have to haul our asses to the movie theaters to see it!

Jeremy: WHO told you this, and who is that? What makes you think this info IS real? I believe you right now mostly because i want to :)

Ling: Jeremy might just have found that leak. His claims include that the script is more or less ready, and lots of concepts has been done.

Ok, could be, could not. Let's see where Jeremy got this stuff from anyway :)

I don't. Imagine how crappy will it be.

Hollywood likes to rape game/comic/novels licenses. It's almost like on purpose.

I could write a pretty good script, but I'd have to butcher the storyline a little to make it any good. That's what people should expect out of the doom movie. If it comes out, we can't tell if it will be good or bad, but it won't be completely loyal to the doom story.

He would be better as a zombie..

HE'S DEAD DAMMIT!

lats what it said at the fucking web sight god damnit, dont get mad at me, if yall where smart enough, you would have gone to the link and would have seen that i copied and pasted.

If Jeremy is the first person on the "outside" that got told about a Doom movie, then something is very weird in Hollywood.

Maybe they're actually filming in Hell, afterall if they have a dead actor they gonna do something about it :)

The Jack Lemmon thing is from 1996 so it is not a reason to think that this news is crap. The fact that this news is crap, however, is a reason to think that it is crap.

taken from http://www.corona.bc.ca/films/details/doom.html:

August 11, 1999... We've gotten some reports from people who attended QuakeCon, a Quake playing tournament held in Dallas every year, that Quake and Doom co-creator John Carmack spoke about what was the latest with the proposed Doom movie in development hell. According to our scoopers Carmack said id software looked at the first Doom script and said it was horrible, and the second script was only called "pretty mediocre" by the id troops. According to Carmack, the rights expired and nothing further's been done with it. [Never run with a loaded railgun - just ask 'Vermilion', 'Bath' Matt Dive,'Pariah' and Jim.]

¿.....?

I'm just gonna quietly sit and wait.

I don't see what all the fu$$ is @bout.

Yeah...I'm c()()l cuz I'm @ h@(ker.

He would be better as a zombie..

HE'S DEAD DAMMIT!

I think it was supposed to be a joke...

Idiots, http://www.corona.bc.ca/films/details/doom.html IS NOT MY FUC*ING SOURCE. Like I said ALL OTHER INFO is a LIE OR JUST OLD, and OLD is what that info is.

Too Ling- Yeah, you have a good point in your first post.. THATS HOW I GOT THE INFO IN THE FIRST PLACE. I have been looking for a long time I said.

Lut- Get rid of my annoying ass? And how the fuck am I annoying? I BARELY EVER post here, and I only emailed the people twice, and I never even said I got my info through email or bugging someone.

And furthermost, the movie has BEEN in development for a while, going from film studio to film studio. It has been in development hell, and is now being finished. There HAS been rumor on that much, in magazines, web-sites, etc so I dont know what ling is talking about. And my source is John Frank Rosenblum.

And last, if you dont believe me.. I DONT GIVE A FUC*K, just dont bitc* about it, I went out of my way to search and look for all of this, and post it for your dumb asses.

Lut- Get rid of my annoying ass?

Just taking a random guess. Like Ling said, if you managed to find this out while no one in the mainstream press has heard as much as a whisper of such a movie being made, despite this movie being a major motion picture for a well-known franchise, and with $120 million being thrown around, you must really be a pest. Your searching of 18,000 pages kinda made me think that too.

Damn straight.

DooM + Columbine = PEOPLE CARES ABOUT THIS ONE. Do you really think no one cares about the info you just posted?
There would be a rampage on Inet, just to start...but only, ONLY if that were true. And since you're not exactly "in the media", it makes me wonder how no one got this info first, like for example the wife of one of the extras or something as simple as that.

It could be an extremely ingenious move on the part of the movie company. Think about it: release the info to some totally random nutcase and keep the mainstream media totally out of the picture. Oh, the fun they could have doing that!

I gotta remember to do that if I ever get a big project going.

Perhaps you're already involved in some big project but you don't wanna tell us because we're not nutcases enough.

SO HOW'S THIS : &%(#/ODHG ON PMG NUAJA AKKAKAMAAHG

There. Now spit it.

Jesus! Didnt you morons read my last post? I said I GOT MOST OF MY INFO FROM THE MEDIA. I am NOT the ONLY ONE to know this new, and for the millionth time, this news has appeard in MANY magazines on account of turning games into monies, and has appeared on COUNTLESS web pages, how the fuck do you think I got the news in the first place? Dumbasses..