Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Death Bear

LUNACY (on idgames!) (cl-9, UMAPINFO)

Recommended Posts

You know, I do appreciate how on MAP19, one of the secrets involves obtaining a red key to acquire a rocket launcher as well as a stash of rockets and cells, but there isn't actually any red key in the map itself, so the secret is inaccessible. It's a nice, subtle homage to TNT Evilution's Pharoah that might get lost on some players.

Share this post


Link to post

Been playing it for the last 3-4 days - love it, it's a fantastic companion to 'Mapping at Warpspeed'.

 

The only issues I encountered so far is in map 34:

 

- I have no idea how to get the second secret. I noclipped behind a locked door to check and apparently that's the area, but I don't know how to open it. Screenshot attached.

- Three of the monsters don't spawn (2 revenants and 1 arachnotron), I think something went wrong with the teleporter closet.

doom21.png

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DreadWanderer said:

Been playing it for the last 3-4 days - love it, it's a fantastic companion to 'Mapping at Warpspeed'.

 

The only issues I encountered so far is in map 34:

 

- I have no idea how to get the second secret. I noclipped behind a locked door to check and apparently that's the area, but I don't know how to open it. Screenshot attached.

- Three of the monsters don't spawn (2 revenants and 1 arachnotron), I think something went wrong with the teleporter closet.

doom21.png

Glad you’re enjoying it! Thanks for letting me know. I’ll dig into it soon.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Death Bear said:

Glad you’re enjoying it! Thanks for letting me know. I’ll dig into it soon.

 

Cheers! Here's more info:

 

- The monster spawn problem was encountered on HMP, but also occurs on UV;

- There is a way to get the secret I mentioned, but it involves a specter opening the door for the player, and then the player immediately dashing through before it closes. Needless to say it's very hard, since there's a great chance you'll get blocked by the specter or by a revenant on UV. If you miss your chance, there's apparently no other way to get it, and there's nothing to be collected;

- The port I'm running is DSDA-Doom 0.26.2;

Share this post


Link to post

EDIT: Hi again everyone,

Bit of a shameless plug but I have completed my UV-max playthrough of Lunacy! You can find the complete playlist below:

 

 

Enjoy and thank you to all the contributors, this was an awesome journey!

Edited by DreadWanderer

Share this post


Link to post

I know it's too late, but I played this recently on UV in GZdoom 4.10.0 and I noticed some bugs. Here they are in case you'll ever make an update:

 

MAP07: lift sector 16 is too low. If you drop into sector 331 before you get the red key, you can't get out. Also, radsuits are rather tight compared to other maps.

 

MAP16: there is a weird HOM-like effect around the yellow key, see the screenshot. It is visible only interminently as the player moves around, I had to quickly make about 20 screenshots to capture it.

 

MAP19: there are some goodies behind red door, but red key is missing?

 

MAP23: the first imp closet is somewhat unreliable, most of them teleported out only after you drop down towards mancubus. It makes getting 100% kills annoying, because there are rather few radsuits in this map. They're fine when you already know where to go, but not for first time exploration. Also, there is a wall with a candle near exit. Isn't it supposed to open after you beat the map?

 

MAP33: one spectre in pit around the red key is stuck in wall.

 

MAP44: linedef 1585 shouldn't be impassable, it blocks some rockets and cells. If you drop into sector 40 from sector 165, you will become stuck behind the rocks (thing type 27).

 

 

Screenshot_Doom_20230820_153801.png

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Caleb13 said:

I know it's too late, but I played this recently on UV in GZdoom 4.10.0 and I noticed some bugs. Here they are in case you'll ever make an update:

 

MAP07: lift sector 16 is too low. If you drop into sector 331 before you get the red key, you can't get out. Also, radsuits are rather tight compared to other maps.

 

MAP16: there is a weird HOM-like effect around the yellow key, see the screenshot. It is visible only interminently as the player moves around, I had to quickly make about 20 screenshots to capture it.

 

MAP19: there are some goodies behind red door, but red key is missing?

 

MAP23: the first imp closet is somewhat unreliable, most of them teleported out only after you drop down towards mancubus. It makes getting 100% kills annoying, because there are rather few radsuits in this map. They're fine when you already know where to go, but not for first time exploration. Also, there is a wall with a candle near exit. Isn't it supposed to open after you beat the map?

 

MAP33: one spectre in pit around the red key is stuck in wall.

 

MAP44: linedef 1585 shouldn't be impassable, it blocks some rockets and cells. If you drop into sector 40 from sector 165, you will become stuck behind the rocks (thing type 27).

 

 

Screenshot_Doom_20230820_153801.png

Thanks! I did find something in addition to DreadWanderer's find that I needed to update, so this is helpful. I appreciate it, and sorry it wasn't caught prior. I'll look into all of this for sending a 1.1 update.

To anyone reading, no clue when it'll be out, but do send additional bug reports, if any, so I can work on it.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Caleb13 said:

MAP19: there are some goodies behind red door, but red key is missing?

 

I can't 100% confirm it, but I don't think that one is a bug. If you watch my playthrough of that map around the 1:40 mark, you'll see that the goodies can be accessed as a secret without the key by pushing a console vis a vis the red door. I was also confused about this at first, but now I like to think of it more as a troll/tongue-in-cheek addition.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×