Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ghetto

When did you first play doom?

Oh piss. I forgot. : / First time, seriously, was at a friend's house when the demo was first out. I remembered how happy I was when I found the chainsaw in map 2. That was good stuff.

as seen in some other thread:

ummm...I found out about it 9 years ago from my dad's friend's kid, he had the Original Doom. I sawed, I played, I wanted, I buyed.

ghetto said:

Do you remeber the first time you played DooM???

I think I remember saying this befor....? This post is common.
The first time I played doom was, well lets just say kick ass!!!

I remember my first time. I had been excited about Doom ever since I first heard about it, but I was almost giddy when I finally got to try it. It was late at night, and although I tried to maintain my cool, I have to admit I was a bit nervous. After all, I had never played Doom before. And sure enough, I managed to aim everywhere but where I needed to, and it was all over in 30 seconds. I certainly felt embarassed, but after taking some time off, I was ready to try again, and I lasted much longer. Naturally, since then I've managed to hone my skill so that I can control how long I last.

Okay, so I just decided to buy the demo one day because, hey, it was a game called Doom and it was dirt cheap. I've been hooked ever since.

Yeah, it was in summer 96... :)
I just got my FUCKING fast 486 with 8mb ram (later 16mb).
I did't really have any special games on it, but later I went home to one from my class, he had a game, he wanted to show me. (Guess which game it was :P).
Well, I got some disks with it to try it, and liked it of couse (doom is what there made me like first person shooters).
Later I bought the doom trilogy with doom1+2 and master levels.

Is it actually possible to buy the master levels for the pc these days? I'm trying to avoid the cheap-ass approach by getting it off the net.

BlueSonnet said:

Is it actually possible to buy the master levels for the pc these days? I'm trying to avoid the cheap-ass approach by getting it off the net.

Yeah, it was in summer 96... :)

I bought it like 4months after, IIRC. :)

pritch said:

Yes. I was 11, I count it as my first sexual experience :P

Me was 9. and ditto.

i remember years ago i used to play doom 2 over a friends house cause he was the only one of us with a pooter good enough to play it on!! that was back when we used the keyboard!!! it was only years later when my parents got a machine did i discover the virtues of using a mouse. a great game got better and i never looked back...

Originally, I hated DOOM. I thought it looked like crap and lacked any kind of motivating qualities. If it had been on my computer, I'd have deleted it outright.

I am teh sarcasm.

DC

Yes, I remember my first time playing Doom. It was a long time ago, and I don't remember it all that clearly. Why is there a thread about this every two weeks or so? It's as though there's a Thread Recycling Bin.

I played the demo. It was a week after it came out. I had ot buy a new monater cuz some how some white stuff got all over it.
I still dont know how it got there.
Iv been hooked ever sice.

Demons Hand said:

I played the demo. It was a week after it came out. I had ot buy a new monater cuz some how some white stuff got all over it.

White stuff? Maybe Doom did it?

thedemonsarecoming said:

Twice, counting this one.

Wrong. It's been asked at least 5 times since I registered, so about 10 in total I dare say.

But we like it for its doomy goodness.

Demons Hand said:

Did you go to domworld.com instead?

i was 8, i picked up wolf 3d at 6 tho, wolf 3d came on a 'Best of battle games' cd rom, pentium had just come out, and my uncle got one and i played through wolf3d without getting hit or using strafte, so my uncle went for something harder, and he found a copy of doom2. i was 8.

Demons Hand said:

People dont get my joke? I got a little to happy when I saw doom hence the white stuff.
BTW Im jokeing.

Scuba Steve said:

Did you go to domworld.com instead?

He gets the joke alright.

Glad to see you're exercising that demon's hand. :-)

@ Scuba Steve, now that is an avatar!

Yes I remember very well (1995), I was completely blown away....and still am. Easily impressed?.....I don't think so, there's not many games come close!:)