Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyrez

Fake celing

I was wondering if there is anyway to make a fake celing in zdoom?

i have a sector thats a Floor of 0 with the celing at 256 but i want to put a coverd walkway in thats 128 but without droping the celing hight. is there a way to fake this?

A let me rephrase i want tha fake celing at 128 and the real at 256. but i want to be able to see over the fake one.

You mean you want to see both the "upper" and the "lower" room at the same time? That's not possible with fake floors :(

boris said:

There's an easier method shown in fenexam.wad and 007ltsd which works in the newer version of zdoom.

Unfortunately with all these tricks you can't view both floors or ceilings at the same time, it just creates a HOM or smeary effect at the edge of the sector.

Isn't what you're asking the whole point of what Extra Floors do in Edge?

Download a few of the demo maps from the Edge home page to see if that's the effect you're after.

Cyrez said:

A let me rephrase i want tha fake celing at 128 and the real at 256. but i want to be able to see over the fake one.

You would have to build a 3D bridge (using invisible bridge things) that covers the entire floor (at 128 units off the ground) and use a grid-like texture to make it look believable (like in LTSD, where I've used this to build 2 and 3 storey rooms).

Ultimate DooMer said:

... and use a grid-like texture to make it look believable

I believe he wants a true floor appearance, not a bridge or grid-type surface. His choices, some of which people have pointed out, are:

1. Use EDGE, Legacy, or a port that supports "true" floor-over-floor.
    2. Use ZDooM with its limitations (i.e., not being able to simultaneously see the upper and lower floors).
    3. Wait until flat sprites are implemented in ZDooM.

I'd do what UDoomer suggested (for now anyways) and do a 3d bridge. They are quite easy to do, trust me.

Thanks all for the advice. i am going with a different aproch which actualy worked out better than i had hoped :P