Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
nightmare imp

Help me here

I was playing Doom II just awhile ago. When I finally got to "DeadSimple" I noticed all my weapons were gone, I had only a pistol and fist like you get when you start a new game. Is there something wrong with my version of Legacy, it's the latest version, or is this just a common problem ?

Thanx.

I have the same problem. It's an unfixed bug in the new legacy. So I only use legacy for splitscreen and add-ons now.

It doesnt do that when I use legacy.But I am using the new legacy beta.So maybe they fixed it.Who knows.

Or better yet, use a more stable port than the latest release of Legacy. A beta of ZDoom, or hell, even Boom, will supply a decent gaming experience with little to no flaws.

Legacy has always given me the worst visual quality and most bugs of any of the ports... that's probably why I only use it for splitscreening.

Remember all those "ports" that you tested some time ago for Hexen? Damn, what a shame...

Am I the only one wondering what's wrong with starting and regular Doom2 level with just a pistol?

Am I the only one wondering what's wrong with starting and regular Doom2 level with just a pistol?

I hope so.

Or better yet, use a more stable port than the latest release of Legacy. A beta of ZDoom, or hell, even Boom, will supply a decent gaming experience with little to no flaws.

Legacy has always given me the worst visual quality and most bugs of any of the ports... that's probably why I only use it for splitscreening.

More things wrong with Legacy:

1) can't complete map32 ... killing all the keen dolls won't raise the sector hiding the exit switch
2) tnt.wad map30 red key, staircase won't go up high enough to let you reach the platform

2) tnt.wad map30 red key, staircase won't go up high enough to let you reach the platform

Huh? Why?

Am I the only one wondering what's wrong with starting a regular Doom2 level with just a pistol?

I hope so.

Bah, you people have no sense of adventure.

those bugs are in many engins but they dont show up 90% of the time. in legacy that is the only bug i have noticed and it only happens 50% of the time. it occurs when there is a message in doom2 between maps. also bugs on map32 of doom2 and map30 of TNT i have NEVER seen or heard of in the latest releases. i use legacy and zdoom more than anything both are good ports of doom

Finishing ANY map is not that hard.

Ha. I can do some of them from scratch. But I'd die at the later hell maps.

Actually, I always had trouble with Gotcha (Map20) until a few days ago when I suddenly beat it without a problem. I dunno what happened that time :P

Actually, I always had trouble with Gotcha (Map20) until a few days ago when I suddenly beat it without a problem. I dunno what happened that time :P

Gotcha's one of the easier maps to beat from scratch, as long as you survive that damned archvile.

The archvile is the easy part. I never go through the boss room, I just get them fighting, then go through all the secret passageways by the start area. Then I end up on the other side of the boss room, on top of that big lift in the circular pit. Then I can just waste the archvile from the bottom of the steps and run behind the wall if he gets the urge to attack. The other thing you can do with that scene is use the two sergeants to your advantage. Keep killing then with one shotgun blast, and let the archvile keep bringing them back. There's not many times you can do that because of the scarce ammo, but when you do kill the archvile, there will be a stockpile of shotguns waiting for you at the top of the steps, all of which you usually need to kill the remaining boss. After that, the level is easier than Map01.

The first time I played that level it was a pain in the ass because of all those passageways that led to totally redundant areas that confused the hell out of me.

I found gotcha pretty straightforward. THE COURTYARD, HOWEVER, was a pain in the ass. All the time I was running through all these passageways in the level when I found out some time ago that you just need to take a minute and a few seconds to blaze through the level :P

It depends which route you take. Gotcha is pretty straight-forward unless you go for the secrets, then it turns into a giant mess.

Does legacy have any features better than ZDoom.

Not really.

Well Legacy has 3d floors. ZDoom has slopes. They really are about equal overall imo. I do like ZDoom better because it runs a *lot* faster than Legacy on today's computers.