Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A-Doomed-Marine

Help with ZDOOM

i dled ZDOOM and tried to install it but it says i need to unzip it to an existing doom directery. i got the colloctors edition of doom but i cant find no damn directery! and it needs a mod form v1.9 doom but i got ultimate doom, does that mean i have to dl another doom?! please someone help me and put it lamens terms im no techie

Ultimate Doom (Doom 1) is version 1.9. What it means is that you should unzip the files to the directory where all the Doom files are (doom.exe, doom.wad, etc.). The same goes for Doom 2, however, you might want to download a patch to upgrade that to version 1.9 as well.

Ok, never mind then. Just put the files into Doom 2 like for Doom, and that should work. It also works with Heretic and Hexen if you have them too.

You could always do what I tell my friends. Extract Zdoom into C:\Doom and then copy and paste Doom.wad and Doom2.wad into C:\Doom as well. It makes things a lot easier!

im sorry to keep bothering u all about my problems but the damn zdoom still wont work!i copyed/pasted it into the C:/Doom Collectors Edition and all that happend is now i can select it in start menue!and i copyed/pasted the doom/doom2 wads there and can see them from start menue under the folder Doom Collector's Edition. if i click on them or zdoom wad it syas what would i like to do, i click open nothing happens. if i click on zdoom.exe(the little green guy)which i also pasted into folder it says required .DLL file and PTC.DLL not found. agian i am truley sorry to bug u all but i really want to play zdoom but the damn thing wont work! the manual says to unzip it into folder, but our winzip cant unzip it to a location, it just opens the folder. i thank all of u whove responded to my ?'s and agian sorry for the trouble but is there any one who can figure out how the hell to get it working?!

You are using version 1.22
Go to http://zdoom.notgod.com and get the latest beta.
To run ZDoom, you can use shortcuts (which is what I do) or simply drag and drop the wad into ZDoom.exe
If you insist on using that version, I can send you my copy of PTC.Dll

Edit: Those files should have been included in the zip. Where did you get your copy? Also, you should be able to right click on a zip file and select "extract to..." in order to send the files to a different folder.

sory about posting a new thread before and thankx for all ur help i got it to be selected in the doom95 launcher under custom wad but if i clicknew game using it and the doom2 game wad the sceen goes black for 5 secs and plays like 1sec of music then closes the program. if i dont use the doom2 wad it says error bad music152! do i have to go to dos to get it to work or soemthing? im not that good with comps thats why i got the colloctors edition for windows and thats why i ask so many questions but any help would be apprecaited. if i knew wer eu all lived id mail ya $5 each for ur help.