Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
arderkrag

looking for a coder

Hi, I'm looking for a coder to code a very low-tech fps, like Doom. It wouldn't be very graphics intensive, and all items would be sprites. Players and creatures would be models, albeit very low scale models. If interested, write to me at thunderstrafe@hotmail.com. Please put coding as the subject, as I have very high filters turned on to reduce spam.

Actually "low tech" game engines are probably more work than modern "high tech" engines, now that modern libraries such as OpenGL and Direct3D exist.

fraggle said:

Actually "low tech" game engines are probably more work than modern "high tech" engines, now that modern libraries such as OpenGL and Direct3D exist.

Hell no.

arderkrag said:

Hi, I'm looking for a coder to code a very low-tech fps, like Doom. It wouldn't be very graphics intensive, and all items would be sprites. Players and creatures would be models, albeit very low scale models. If interested, write to me at thunderstrafe@hotmail.com. Please put coding as the subject, as I have very high filters turned on to reduce spam.

Who would want something like this?

Imp said:

Who would want something like this?

Maybe a person who really likes old school Doom?

Yeh, Im making a game too. I need a couple coders, modelers, texture artists and a sound guy. Me? Well, I can come up with ideas and give moral support. heh

fraggle said:

He's right. Why would you want to mess around with raycasting when you've got so much more power at an 1/8th of the learning curve?

I mean come on, have you SEEN the doom source code?
(Yes yes, I know you could write it in c++ now or something, but it illustrates teh point)

HOORJ

Skull Tag - r0x0r!
http://www.doomworld.com/skulltag/

Lord FlatHead said:

Hell no.

no, fraggle is correct

you fail it!

DooMBoy said:

Maybe a person who really likes old school Doom?

Yea I wouldent mind at all playing another old school game it'd be fun if its different then the others.

Where graphics are concerned, writing a Doom-like game for OpenGL is infinetely more easy than writing a Doom-like game for software rendering.

To me the Quake II source code is more intuitive than the Doom source code.

Lord FlatHead said:

Where graphics are concerned, writing a Doom-like game for OpenGL is infinetely more easy than writing a Doom-like game for software rendering.

To me the Quake II source code is more intuitive than the Doom source code.

Thats what I said...

Yes well, "you fail it" is a potent formula, that when uttered under the right circumstances may produce outstanding results; even totally inverting the recipient's inclinations or alignment.

fraggle said:

Thats what I said...

It's confusing when you call a OpenGL-rendered version of Doom a "high-tech engine". I thought you were comparing software Doom to something like Halo or Unreal, which would just be silly.

Hey look, it's Doomguy !