Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Shepardus said:

Just in time, I was almost done with my playthrough of Long Road, No Turns!

I played through 3 parts and DSDA got an update so my save file is bricked :)

Share this post


Link to post

Has anyone had any luck beating map 8? (without TAS). I just cannot for the life of me find a way to clear it with only the rocket launcher, I've tried several methods but I always end up getting overcrowded with cacos lol

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Sarawut said:

Can't play!
As soon as the game started, he was killed.

Thanks!

 

Make sure you are playing in the right program, best DSDA-Doom (Windows download). The program needs to support MBF21.

 

In the past you mentioned using Doomsday Engine, but Doomsday Engine will not work with Grindfest. 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Gorxen said:

Has anyone had any luck beating map 8? (without TAS). I just cannot for the life of me find a way to clear it with only the rocket launcher, I've tried several methods but I always end up getting overcrowded with cacos lol

Tried many times to beat this map but cannot find appropriate strategy. Maybe i am missing something. I almost waited for the moment when you can run through the opening from where the cacodemons appeared, but in that moment i have too low hp and thus can't manage this (i hope last) maneuver

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, CblBOPOTKA said:

Tried many times to beat this map but cannot find appropriate strategy. Maybe i am missing something. I almost waited for the moment when you can run through the opening from where the cacodemons appeared, but in that moment i have too low hp and thus can't manage this (i hope last) maneuver

It's all about herding the Cacos and keeping them in their hallway. Stand as close to the exit as possible, for as long as you possibly can. Switch sides when it becomes too crowded and repeat until the Cacos push you outside. Then you have to U-strafe for a while, try not to let Cacos encroach on your limited space & push you off, eventually you should be able to get back inside and circle strafe. This worked OK for me, still can get overwhelmed, would record a demo but I'm supposed to be working

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, baja blast rd. said:

 

ตรวจสอบให้แน่ใจว่าคุณกำลังเล่นในโปรแกรมที่ถูกต้อง  DSDA-Doom ที่ดีที่สุด  ( ดาวน์โหลด Windows ) โปรแกรมต้องรองรับ MBF21

 

ก่อนหน้านี้คุณพูดถึงการใช้ Doomsday Engine แต่ Doomsday Engine จะไม่ทำงานกับ Grindfest 

I can play but the number of demons is too much.

I have switched to use GZDOOM version 4.10.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Sarawut said:

I can play but the number of demons is too much.

I have switched to use GZDOOM version 4.10.

 Thanks!

 

GZDoom is slow when there are a very high number of demons. I suggest using DSDA-Doom, which operates better than GZDoom when there are a very high number of demons.  

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/22/2023 at 4:46 AM, Billa said:

It's all about herding the Cacos and keeping them in their hallway. Stand as close to the exit as possible, for as long as you possibly can. Switch sides when it becomes too crowded and repeat until the Cacos push you outside. Then you have to U-strafe for a while, try not to let Cacos encroach on your limited space & push you off, eventually you should be able to get back inside and circle strafe. This worked OK for me, still can get overwhelmed, would record a demo but I'm supposed to be working

This is exactly the main method I used and the one that worked the best, but still can't kill enough of them to switch to circle strafing. I guess I'm just bad lol.

 

BTW: stuck at map 16, that one is just cruel, cruel, cruel.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×