Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cyber-menace

Wadauthor Behaviour

WadAuthor automatically inserts the BEHAVIOR lump into your wad when you compile a script and save your map.

cyber-menace said:

When I compile the script it doesn't seem to work!

Do you mean that you get an error message while trying to compile the script, or do you mean that the script compiles fine but doesn't execute properly in-game? Error messages in ACS are typically associated with syntax, and usually do not involve logic (unless the logic is affected by syntax). So if you're getting an ACS error message that prevents your script from compiling, re-examine the line referenced in the error message.

If the script compiles fine and doesn't work in-game, it's possible that you haven't put the proper triggers in your map.

Do I have to save the script in the same folder as the PWAD?

In WadAuthor the script is saved directly into your PWAD upon successful compilation and upon saving your map, so you do not need to save it separately. (I'm assuming that you're compiling your script within WadAuthor, and not externally.)

cyber-menace said:

When I compile the script it doesn't seem to work! Do I have to save the script in the same folder as the PWAD?

If you mean the script doesn't work in the map, make sure the trigger is set to what you want (eg. a switch should be 'Player uses' not 'Player crosses'). To test a script without using a trigger, type 'puke**' (*=script number) at the console.

WA won't let you compile a script if it has errors in it, so everything is taken care of.

I didn't have the DOS version of ACC1.29 was the problem. I was using the windows version for wadauthor. Apparently it needs the dos version.