Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cyber-menace

Slopes in WadAuthor

I've tried for an hour now but I don't know how to make slopes in wadauthor! What is the damn script I need to use to make lineid 1 slope the floor in front of the line?!

You don't really need a script, you need to apply a linedef special. Once you've set up your sectors:

1. Select the lindef from which you want the slope to rise (you can also do it using the linedef from which you want the slope to descend, but with a slight difference in the arguments. I won't go into that now.) I'll assume the front of that linedef is facing away from the direction of the slope, and this is a sloping floor (and not a sloping ceiling).
    2. Double-click or right-click to bring up the Map Object Properties window.
    3. From the Class menu select 'Special'. This will activate the 'Type' menu.
    4. From the Type menu select Plane_Align(floor,ceiling,lineid). This will activate the 'Arguments' fields. (I'm assuming you have the latest .wcf file for WadAuthor. Otherwise you'll have to do this and the rest of the steps manually.)
    5. In the first argument put in the value 2. This means that the slope will rise from the back of that linedef. (If you had selected the linedef at the top of the proposed slope and it was facing down towards the slope you would insert the value 1 here.)
You're done. If you want your ceiling to slope as well, you can put in the appropriate value (1 or 2) into the second argument after setting up the sectors properly.

The best way to learn ZDooM's features is to open up tutorial wads that can be found at the ZDooM site, or open up recent ZDooM wads in an editor and see how things work.

Funny I managed to do it a different way. I must have an older wcf file, but I'm not getting a newer one! It works now and tends to crash with other versions. I used raw data to make the slope.

cyber-menace said:

I managed to do it a different way.... I used raw data to make the slope.

That's what I was talking about when I said "Otherwise you'll have to do this and the rest of the steps manually".

I must have an older wcf file, but I'm not getting a newer one! It works now and tends to crash with other versions.

By "other versions" I assume you mean "newer" versions. I have the one dated 8/21/2002 and it is very stable on my system. Actually, I don't ever recall the WA config file ever being a source of instability when editing for ZDooM.