Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Davidoom

Trent Reznor

You can send mails to Spin magazine telling Reznor what are you planning to hear in DooM 3. I can't remember the address, tough...

You can send mails to Spin magazine telling Reznor what are you planning to hear in DooM 3. I can't remember the address, tough...

So Reznor Is doing the music for Doom3?
Interesting.

But What is this article?
You are talking about?

yeah I've got the email address thats on d3 timeline too...
anyone heard nin's new single deep?

I'm neutral in this aspect. Reznor or not, I'm pretty much sure how DooM 3 music will be. Now I want to know wich third-party company's going to make the intro sequence.

DooM's music sounds too cheesy when played as background for the MacWorld tech demo. I already tested that, meanwhile Quake's intro theme or the SM free samples work just fine.

NIN - Deep

ACK!! HELP!! HELP!! I'M DROWNING IN MEDIOCRITY!! SOMEBODY SAVE ME!!!

Why Would Id use another company for The Intro?

Sure, they did for Quake 2.

But Quake 3 and Team Arena Intros were done
in house.
Seneca Menard made the Team Arena intro I belive.

Also with the quality of the new engine The Intro
could easily use the new engine couldn't it?

NIN suck. I was hoping they would get someone else to do the music. Is it just me or was the Quake soundtrack SHIT???

I think they should go back to crappy MIDI, now THAT would be interesting. Absolute killer sound and graphics, with a MIDI song going in the background!! :P

They should get some REAL heavy stuff for the soundtrack (NIN are pissweak, and they shouldn't really be called 'Industrial Metal'. Industrial metal is stuff like Fear Factory and Rammstein! Not NIN!!!)

I think I will switch the music off in Doom 3...

On the contrary, the Quake soundtrack was one of the better things he did, given what it had to go with. It's no match for Das Ich's soundtrack to Das Ewige Licht, but it's almost halfway there.

We don't want your goddamn heavy metal! This is DooM, not Quake.

I'm not even going to dignify this with a response. *looks at screen* ...damn. Oh well, while I'm at it... Have you even listened to like... E1M1 and E3M8? Those ARE heavy metal.

Heavy Metal is the only good music for dooming!
Unlike many others, I hate that ambient crap. (man all I seem to do in these forums is complain, gotta do something about that ;)

Unlike many others, I hate that ambient crap.

It all depends on the level you're on. Each Doom had a good mix of fast and slow music. I suspect the same will apply to Doom3. Either way, you're gonna want Das Ich to do the music.

Unlike many others, I hate that ambient crap. (man all I seem to do in these forums is complain, gotta do something about that ;)

I think that a combination of heavy metal and grunge and and ambiental would be the best....

[quoteIt all depends on the level you're on. Each Doom had a good mix of fast and slow music. I suspect the same will apply to Doom3. Either way, you're gonna want Das Ich to do the music.[/quote]WTF is Das Ich??

The only musicians who could possibly do a creepy soundtrack for a creepy game.

I swear you're addicted to Das Ich (i'm sorry, but it sounds like "That Itches!") as posting in these forums...

It's about all I've listened to in the last 5 months. God they just go from classical to piano to creepy to ambient to industrial to dance to themes and everything in between. I never get sick of them.