Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
arch_93

Icecrown Citadel [WoW x DooM crossover]

Just now, CrostDaergon said:

Looks pretty sick, I'll be sure to give that a try.

Thanx =) 

This sounds awesome. Can I play solo?

Thanks for replying, something in my brain made me read it as it was meant more for co-op, but on re-reading Im not even sure what I was thinking. 😃

Edited by Insaneprophet

3 hours ago, Insaneprophet said:

This sounds awesome. Can I play solo?

Sure! =) Initialy made for single-play =)

While this looks great and all, and I don't wanna be the party pooper... aren't the music choices, like, illegal? 'cause these are all copyrighted tracks and not midi versions...

9 hours ago, AdNauseam said:

While this looks great and all, and I don't wanna be the party pooper... aren't the music choices, like, illegal? 'cause these are all copyrighted tracks and not midi versions...

How music could be illegal? =)
Anyway 3 of theese ppl are (or was when were alive) my personal friends, Brian Williams and Massimo Magrini allows free usage of his tracks, one more is dead alas and for the rest I was a local concert manager =)

Edited by arch_93

29 minutes ago, arch_93 said:

How music could be illegal? =)

Because music can have copyright, and unless you has permission or the author permits the distribution of his soundtrack, is illegal to do so.

Anyway, it doens't seem a problem since you stated that you know the people involved on the soundtrack and probably are fine with that. :P

34 minutes ago, Herr Dethnout said:

Because music can have copyright, and unless you has permission or the author permits the distribution of his soundtrack, is illegal to do so.

Anyway, it doens't seem a problem since you stated that you know the people involved on the soundtrack and probably are fine with that. :P

Heh I also was in too much of a hurry to publish=)

Anyway another my old friend making a soundtrack now especialy for the episode =)  But it's taking time. It will be no less epic album =)
https://decembered.bandcamp.com/music

After that this tracks will be an advice for background play.

On 7/31/2023 at 1:37 PM, AdNauseam said:

It's a free Doom WAD, who cares?

I thought it was wow.wad and I got excited :(.

But anyway, this looks very well done! I'll check it out at some point.

6 hours ago, Yonko said:

It's a free Doom WAD, who cares?

The rightsholders for the music definitely will.  Music industry ghouls don't mess around with this sort of thing.  You might get away with occasionally sticking an mp3 in a wad and uploading it (although you probably shouldn't) but doing it six times and then attaching a huge unrelated brand name to it is pretty risky.  You might fly under the radar with an mp3 in an E4M1 remake, but six mp3s and a World of Warcraft logo are like putting up a big sign asking seven different sets of lawyers to get you kicked off ModDB.

It also makes your wad unnecessarily huge. Literally 75% of this map's file size is the music, which is kinda wild for something that includes such enormous textures.

I've actually been looking forward to this map for a while, so it is a little disappointing to see it just has pirated music jammed in. Why not just use actual ICC soundtrack?

13 hours ago, glowa said:

this wad confuseing dk how to play or get into game at all

Run ICCIT.bat =)

58 minutes ago, ShallowB said:

The rightsholders for the music definitely will.  Music industry ghouls don't mess around with this sort of thing.  You might get away with occasionally sticking an mp3 in a wad and uploading it (although you probably shouldn't) but doing it six times and then attaching a huge unrelated brand name to it is pretty risky.  You might fly under the radar with an mp3 in an E4M1 remake, but six mp3s and a World of Warcraft logo are like putting up a big sign asking seven different sets of lawyers to get you kicked off ModDB.

It also makes your wad unnecessarily huge. Literally 75% of this map's file size is the music, which is kinda wild for something that includes such enormous textures.

I've actually been looking forward to this map for a while, so it is a little disappointing to see it just has pirated music jammed in. Why not just use actual ICC soundtrack?

Maybe you're right. I'll make it separated and re-upload
One of theese tracks coud be... discussing. For sure I don't have premission from Sunn O))) =)

There's a soundtrack now in production by Decembered so theese tracks are temporary there.
BTW some of this musicans are my friends and others are libertarian if not dead alas =)

I don't recognize all of them, but Coil and Lustmord definitely have their music owned by big corporations that don't want you just uploading mp3s.  Even if you know them personally and they gave you permission, it won't stop their producers or distributors from coming after you. Sadly the music industry is just like that.

By the way, I ran into a few issues on the airship fight where I knocked monsters off the flying carpets and they ended up wandering around under the ship. The fight doesn't progress while they are alive, so I had to noclip down there and kill them.

4 minutes ago, ShallowB said:

I don't recognize all of them, but Coil and Lustmord definitely have their music owned by big corporations that don't want you just uploading mp3s.  Even if you know them personally and they gave you permission, it won't stop their producers or distributors from coming after you. Sadly the music industry is just like that.

By the way, I ran into a few issues on the airship fight where I knocked monsters off the flying carpets and they ended up wandering around under the ship. The fight doesn't progress while they are alive, so I had to noclip down there and kill them.

I made a lot of concerts (before COVID) I know alot of this industry)
Brian allows free use of his music

Oh wow. I never met this situation with carpets. Thanx! I'll easily fix this

idk about music, but ripping textures from WoW is definetely a bad idea. I wouldn't be surprized if this gets shut down soon.

9 hours ago, linkov said:

idk about music, but ripping textures from WoW is definetely a bad idea. I wouldn't be surprized if this gets shut down soon.

It's not ripping. It's drawing)

Huge fan and nostalgic of Warcraft series here, by seeing the screenshots I instantly recognize the instance places, good stuff this far :)

1 minute ago, Bri0che said:

Huge fan and nostalgic of Warcraft series here, by seeing the screenshots I instantly recognize the instance places, good stuff this far :)

Hope You like the gameplay :D It's abit sarcastic but made with  love and nostalgie =)

NEWS !

[10.10.2023] Icecrown Citadel major update details:
- Complete new music by Decembered !
- 1st boss fully remade
- Errors and mistakes was corrected
- Boss and mob waves info messages added
- New TITLEMAP added