Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DemonDemon

Something diffrent: Doom Yu-Gi-Oh Cards!? :)

Greetings. I was bored today and with non working model software and my Astreal story gettin a huge overhaul before I ever post anything on it again, I decided to do something... diffrent. So I decided to invent some Doom cards. Yeah, I know, a lot of people don't like the Yu-Gi-Oh card game, but oh well. Besides, I already had some cards scanned in. :) Anyways... So far I've made a Doomed Marine card (6 stars, 2000/2000, Warrior/Effect). I couldn't find the Doom poster I had on my hd, so I used some doom art I had saved to my hd. After I made the first version of the card (as well as fix the wording a bit after rereading it ^^; ), I actually found the poster I was looking for, so I made a second version of the card with that pic instead. But the first version looked rather good, so I decided to show both versions. :) (I'll take down the first one if asked)

NOTE: I DID NOT MAKE THE ARTWORK USED IN THE FOLLOWING CARDS. I'M JUST BORROWING THEM. THIS IS IN CAPS SO NO ONE CAN CLAIM I SAID THE ART WAS MINE. Normally I would have typed this like normal, but some people just don't seem to get it normally. :)

http://testzero.keenspace.com/images/DMYuGiOhCard1.jpg 400x600 100K
http://testzero.keenspace.com/images/DMYuGiOhCard2.jpg 400x600 100K

Anyways, I'll be making more cards soon (the Pain Elemental should be fun to make. :), so till then! :)

Oh yeah. I made the Doomed Marine cards Ultra Rare just because it's nasty. The Cyber Demon and Spider Master Mind will be Secret Rares and be even nastier though. ;)

Actually, I just made a few new cards. I only had the same type of art from the first Doomed Marine though, so I might just have to take these down. ^^; Anywho, here are the cards! :)

http://testzero.keenspace.com/images/ZMYuGiOhCard.jpg 400x600 90K
http://testzero.keenspace.com/images/HDYuGiOhCard.jpg 400x600 100K
http://testzero.keenspace.com/images/HSYuGiOhCard.jpg 400x600 85K
http://testzero.keenspace.com/images/AVYuGiOhCard.jpg 400x600 100K

Anywho, I'll be making some equip cards soon. They'll have their own abilitys to pass on to any Marines that stumble upon them... ;) I'll also try and make a Lost Soul monster (if I can find some color art of it that is... ^^;). Later! :D

I know where the art is from. I'll put up the link up later on if he doesn't first.

Cool idea btw, demondemon. :)

I loooooove the idea of doom cards

can you show us a pic of the back of them?

by the way sence zombies are suposed to be stupid and slow you should probely only let them attack every secound turn, of corse i dont know the dynamics of your game so who am i to say.

id like to help you come up with ideas for rules card attributes if your intrested.

Nah, I already have most of what will be what. :) As for the link, I looked around for it but I couldn't find it. :/

Anywho, here are two more cards, both of which I made myself. Not that it's a GOOD thing... ;)

http://testzero.keenspace.com/images/HLSYugiohCard.jpg
http://testzero.keenspace.com/images/UnfinishedSSYugiohCard.jpg

The Soul Sphere isn't finished yet, but all it's missing are two diffrent icons, and I gotta poke my scanner before I can scan in any new cards for their icons. ^^; I'll try an make my own artwork for the rest of the cards, considering how hard it is to find art that'll fit in as a card. :)

Oh, and it's Test-0. I only used DemonDemon because my old account seems to be lost in limbo. :)

make the lost souls eye sockets completly filled with orange or crimsin red, that slinty eyed thing must be some forieng import lost soul.

the images are to small for me to read the details too

Black Hand said:

make the lost souls eye sockets completly filled with orange or crimsin red, that slinty eyed thing must be some forieng import lost soul

Please refrain from butchering English.

Black Hand: When BBG said what he said, it was not meant as a personal attack (and neither is this post, so please don't take offence) - he merely tried to help you and make you a little more careful when you type in posts.

Writing posts with bad grammar tends to make people take you less serious - it makes you seem uneducated, stupid and even lazy, so they are less likely to take comments made by you serious. So please, check your grammar carefully when you post - I don't know if you are a native English speaker or not (I'm not a native English speaker myself btw), but regardless, you should try to watch your grammar.

If you're a non-native English speaker, then bad English can perhaps be forgiven (but people still need to get used to it mind you).

And note that just because other Members write in bad grammar, doesn't mean that it's generally accepted to write in bad grammar here.

Back on topic: I'm not really interested in card games, but it seems to me like a neat idea.

Black Hand said:

Don't even try to pull me out of the crowd of fourty people that have 4th grade grammer.

Dude, heh, I'm simply asking use a bloody spellchecker, which I wish more people would do. When you type like "othaer deeay bete up yuo" I just skip it and might miss something, so please, use a spellchecker OR check your post before you submit.

I prefer MTG. :)
But lately they are adding so many new rules and stuff I'm getting annoyed... was flanking really -all- that bad? Or banding?

Bah ;)

Heh, I'm currently working on the art pic for the Pain Elemental. His ability is gonna be for every Lost Soul on the field, it gains 900/900. It'll also be able to to create a Lost Soul token on the field for every one of the owners end phases. I'm still thinking about the atk and def, but I know it'll be a sever star card ultra rare. :)

I'm also thinking of trying my hand at an origional doom card game. Could have something like a room that the entities are in and attacks are based on line of sight, but you'd also have effects and items and other cards that do stuff. :) I'm writing down a lot of my ideas, as I tend to forget the best stuff soon after thinking it. ^^;

Anywho, no cards for now. But...

I'll be back. *walks away ominously* *fails it* ^_^ Always wanted to say that. *runs off giggling like a moron*

*wait... 'like a moron'? that should be 'because he is a moron' ;)*

i've played alot of different card games.

personally id like to see somthing like magic the gathering were you have a marine as the "wizard" when it dies you die and vareus other cards you can put into play such as wepon/ammo cards replacing enchantment cards or maby you can put in some trap cards that were so infamues througout doom.

not like pokemon were theres a simple triangle of power and then a simple numbers game.

MTG, Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon are all gayer than Richard Simmons in a thong, IMO.

I only play MTG. but I'm pretending the Leigons expansion does not exist. It's TOO damn powerful!

Also. There were talks for a Doom CCG a long while back. along with the Terminator, Mortal Kombat and Killer Instinct. MK and KI actually made CCGs. Terminator and Doom were quashed before they came out. I like to think that some things happen for a reason.. but that could just be me.

From what I've heard of the two games, I like the sound of Yu-gi-oh better than Magic. I've never played either of the games before, but it seems like there is more strategy involved in Yu-gi-oh.

Alright, took longer then I expected to make the Pain Elemental card (Tried to make a pic of it but it looked all wrong so I just patched up a sprite :). It's quite the nasty card. :D

http://testzero.keenspace.com/images/PEYugiohCard.jpg

Whew. Now that that's done, I'll get to work on some other cards. :) Oh, and try to avoid making coments like 'such and such card game ownz such and such other card game'. If you have comments about a card game, make them useful. I wouldn't want to go get a mod to post hell this thread before it became a flamewar. :)

first thought: hei thats a russian site!!!

second thought: let it be Doom the Gathering!!!

third thought: i dont like the card idea for Doom...

Russell_P said:

I made some doom pokemon cards for my kids a couple of years ago. They loved 'em.

WHat the hell, post 'em if you still have 'em!

I think I'll make some sort of original tabeletop/cardgame hybrid.

EllipsusD said:

From what I've heard of the two games, I like the sound of Yu-gi-oh better than Magic. I've never played either of the games before, but it seems like there is more strategy involved in Yu-gi-oh.

Thats because yu gi oh is MUCH simpler then magic the gathering.
Because of its simplicity its easier to see the effect of what you do alot sooner then you would in magic the gathering. On a last note yu gi oh is ment for little kids were as mtg is ment for 14 and up i know some 31 year olds who play.

I heard about that terminater card game it seemed good, to bad it got fragged.