Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Nexus

DETH problem

I formatted my hd last weekend, and now when I start editing with Deth it fucks up my mouse.

When I move the mouse you see a "trail" of where the mouse went until the screen redraws. It's very annoying 'cause I can't edit quickly anymore (sigh) and it didn't do it before.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Sorry I have to disagree.

I like the simple fact that I can put vertices where I want. And I simply haven't the time to learn how to use WA.

Sorry I have to disagree.

I like the simple fact that I can put vertices where I want. And I simply haven't the time to learn how to use WA.

It takes 10 minutes to learn WA. DETH was my first editor, I know it pretty well. Believe me, get Wadauthor, you'll be glad you did. And if you cling to that vertice/drawing thing, try Waded or Deepsea.

You really think so? I might just do it (yes you partially convinced me) but for now I just want to go on with my new level so I really wanna solve the problem....

And one other thing in favor of Deth is that it runs perfectly on my old 486 :)

DETH has a friendly GUI, but some things may take longer to do then with other level editors. Since I only use it to browse levels, not create my own, I am quite satisfied with it. Plus, it's for DOS and I like it.

The only problem that I have with it is with HETH. No matter what I did I couldn't get it to read the "Deathkings" levels properly, as they are named MAP41-MAP60 and these maps don't exist in the original IWAD, so it won't load them. I tried inserting dummy maps into the IWAD and then each time I loaded HEXDD.WAD it would bump out saying that "PWAD is not understandable". And as it is with so many DOOM stuff, no one had ever bothered to fix it... Like with Heretic and Hexen EXE editors, and NWTPro which were potentially powerful utilities never completed...

But enough about my problems.

Nexus, about your problem, the first and only thing I can think of from the top of my head is a certain setting in DETH.INI called 'FakeCursor' which can either be enabled or disabled. If you haven't tried yet, try setting it to the opposite of what it's now.

You can also try changing resolutions and other graphical options in DETH.INI or using a different mouse driver. I am using CuteMouse which is a very good DOS mouse driver.

The problem doesn't lie in the DETH.ini file. I browsed through the entire thing changed everything which might have possibly have something to do with it but no solution. But what I didn't try was a different DOS mouse driver. Happen to have a URL for that driver?

Well, a different mouse driver might solve something.

If you are still interested, you can try these links:
http://www.theunderdogs.org/tools/cutemouse.zip
http://www.theunderdogs.org/tools/mouse5.exe

A clean boot might also help.