Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pritch

MP3 players

personally, mp3's suck. digital music isn't that good. but it's convinient.

/me hugs my vinyl and tapes. and my cd collection...

get a cd-mp3 player like the Rio, you can hold over 200 songs and as long as you have a cd burner you can keep making new ones

Im about to get a hard drive mp3 player b/c my old one broke

Arioch said:

Sony hardware is apparently very shoddy.

A entire series of their DVD players have a fuse problem where if used for "too long" the DVD player just burns out and becomes useless.

Heh, I have a nice growing list now of Sony-related gripes concerning build quality.

I have an (was then) expensive Sony seperates from the early '90s. It's well-made, I can tell it uses decent components as the cd drawer and volume control motors have always been smooth, it gets a little hot but it feels chunky, solid, good.

All the Sony stuff I've bought post-'95 has fallen to bits. Admittedly it's not been as expensive, but I don't really count that as an excuse. I switched to buying Aiwa stuff because although the overall peformance wasn't quite as polished their stuff seems to be unbreakable in comparison, not to mention vastly cheaper.

I just bought a Napa-11 mp3 player for £60. Cheap, but if you're like me and don't care too much for the need of above 128kbps quality music on the move, then it doesn't matter anyway. Besides, when I'm listening to music on the go I'm usually either in a noisy situation anyway or working with someone in the library so I only require it for those background vibes Arioch mentioned.

Yeah Wobbo I thought about CD-mp3, but decided I already have a CD player and I just want something thats REALLY pocket sized and ultra convenient, even if its less quality.

I am a gadget whore, and its seriously tempting to go get HD jukeboxes with endless features for large amounts of money but basically, I'm overdrawn and I can't afford to break any more expensive equipment, so this time I've bitten the bullet heh