Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Terrcraft

Quake II Remastered

11 hours ago, WorldMachine said:

I mean... If they DID remaster Quake 3, I think in this day and age, paying ANY price for a multiplayer focused game is a no go. Making a Quake 3 remaster free would be cool, and if they wanted too, they could do what DOOM Eternal did, where you can unlock cool skins just by playing the game and not paying a single damn penny.

Well, the Thing is, you'll only get official licensed Stuff, Quake 3 already has such an insane Support of Skins, Models, Levels and Mods for free, an official Port couldn't really compete.

On the other Side, the Chance to fail is very big in the free to play Multiplayer Market, even well marketed Products.

Quake Champions is all you discribed and yet it has no big Publicum, i personally think the Gameplay of the Game is veeeery well and feels more or less as Quake 3.

I think it was the "Hero" Factor that killed early Interest, as no one wanted an Overwatch Clone.

Maybe they should make Quake Champions the official Multiplayer for every ID Game and the single Player Releases just connect to it.

That would bring fresh Meat in with every Release.

(And I mean, who loves Doom Eternals Multiplayer?)

12 hours ago, Devalaous said:

Quake 4: DMG Edition

I'd actually be totally fine with that, since it always ended with a tease of a next mission that never came. Pretty much every Quake and Doom rerelease has had a new episode or campaign, so theres a valid excuse to give a new mission :p

Well, Doom 3 BFG got the lost Missions, so why not ;)

But hopefully a better save System than Doom 3 BFG, stoping the whole Game every Quick Save or Checkpoint really kills Scenes.

17 hours ago, Devalaous said:

Quake 4: DMG Edition

...and its brand new expansion, "Heart Of The Machine" :P

5 hours ago, Azuris said:

(And I mean, who loves Doom Eternals Multiplayer?)

I wouldn't say love but...

I'm sad that it's basically dead because I really enjoyed my time with it. I guess id took the DOOT 16 multiplayer criticism to heart and decided to craft a unique experience that I would almost call avant-garde.

Also, a Quake 3 remaster would be tricky to pull off. Quake Live already exists and is basically a Quake 3 remaster. Then there's the 360 port that was DOA because of the disconnection issues. The biggest justification for a remaster would be crossplay, along with all of the bells and whistles that came with the QII remaster. 

this remaster is excellent but the Beserker's new homing jump is a tad excessive. I wish we could dodge it; I haven't found a way to not get hit by it once they launch the attack.

Quake II 64 Remaster Any% Speedrun in 19:49 (IGT 15:57.875) by 🇨🇿 @the_kovic

Spoiler

The Quake II Enhanced finally appeared on speedrun.com, by the way.

Edited by Geniraul

3 hours ago, Individualised said:

Anyone else having issues with multiplayer right now? I can hardly get into a server and when I do, it's so laggy I can't even move

Hold up, lemme give it a go rq

Anyone else having issues with multiplayer right now? I can hardly get into a server and when I do, it's so laggy I can't even move

Remember games are player hosted, as I have repeatedly stated. Multiplayer performance is entirely determined by the connection quality between you and the person who created the lobby.

2 hours ago, Edward850 said:

Remember games are player hosted, as I have repeatedly stated. Multiplayer performance is entirely determined by the connection quality between you and the person who created the lobby.

I thought all connections go through Bethesda first?

Think it may be my ISP regardless, have been having speed issues with them for a while though it never affected multiplayer games before.

9 hours ago, JBerg said:

I haven't found a way to not get hit by it once they launch the attack.

just kill them first lmao

Being a little more serious, I find that usually (usually) the problem is less the damage from the attack and more so getting flung around and losing my bearings. Berserkers have become my immediate target for combat scenarios because of this, much like the Pain Elemental and Archvile in Doom 2.

Think it may be my ISP regardless, have been having speed issues with them for a while though it never affected multiplayer games before.

You can try maybe that:

If you play over wireless lan, change the Channel of your Router to an higher one or one that isn't as used by your Neighbours, if it is an japanese Console not over 10 (somehow they don't really support it, at least ps3, wii u, 3ds and switch :>)

39 minutes ago, Azuris said:

You can try maybe that:

If you play over wireless lan, change the Channel of your Router to an higher one or one that isn't as used by your Neighbours, if it is an japanese Console not over 10 (somehow they don't really support it, at least ps3, wii u, 3ds and switch :>)

No idea what the comment about "japanese Console" is supposed to mean, and no it's not an issue with that. This is an issue with my ISP, they're known for throttling connections soon before or after maintenance. My area recently got an "upgrade" and things have been wonky since (not that they were fine before).

30 minutes ago, Individualised said:

No idea what the comment about "japanese Console" is supposed to mean, and no it's not an issue with that. This is an issue with my ISP, they're known for throttling connections soon before or after maintenance. My area recently got an "upgrade" and things have been wonky since (not that they were fine before).

You can let your Router send in different Channels, if some devices aren't "smart" they just stay on the same, if all of your Neighbours have such Devices and they all are on the same Channel, it is crouded and you'll have a bad Connection.

I had that Issue for Example, so i changed my Channels.

My japanese Consoles didn't connect if i put a Channel higher than 10, guess they use a similiar W-Lan Device or the Channels aren't free in Japan and so they just didn't implement it globally (different Country, different Laws about Radio Frequences).

Thought it could be worth a Try, but if its just truly the Company behind, it doesn't matter.

@SMG_Man Wait, does the game allow you to change the character's voice and gender or was the option always there?

5 hours ago, MS-06FZ Zaku II Kai said:

We Czechs always find ways to inovate, Czechia stronk💪

Czech This Out.

7 hours ago, SMG_Man said:

Being a little more serious, I find that usually (usually) the problem is less the damage from the attack and more so getting flung around and losing my bearings. Berserkers have become my immediate target for combat scenarios because of this, much like the Pain Elemental and Archvile in Doom 2.

This. I've been thrown into lava pits by that attack way too many times. It's beyond annoying.

1 hour ago, Rudolph said:

@SMG_Man Wait, does the game allow you to change the character's voice and gender or was the option always there?

Quake 2 originally had male and female player characters yes (and a cyborg as a third option).

2 minutes ago, Vermil said:

Quake 2 originally had male and female player characters yes (and a cyborg as a third option).

Now that you mention it, I seem to remember that, but I thought it was only for multiplayer.

6 minutes ago, Rudolph said:

Now that you mention it, I seem to remember that, but I thought it was only for multiplayer.

I'm not sure if you could play as anything other than a male in Single player though, if that's what you meant.

Not interested at the beginning, due previous time playing rtx, but it catch me after 5 minutes. Enjoying it more than the other.

Only thing i really want to deactivate (and i can't) it's the damage indicator... that's the only "happy" design decision.... why you decide put options for every single new extra... but not for that forsure annoying for someone option?

I've played through some more and I'm enjoying the new AI more that I was at the start now.  The changed monster behaviours make the game feel fresh, and having to learn them, and learn how to deal with them, is fun.  In some cases they make the game more difficult, but in others they make it easier.

I'd still like a "Classic AI" option to appear in a future patch, but I can live with it if it doesn't.

The thing that actually bothers me most is the lightmapped water.  I'm finding that the lightmaps make the water really difficult to see sometimes, and the water surfaces are definitely somewhat darker than the surrounding solid geometry.  You can see this on opaque water in maps like jail1, but it affects translucent water even worse.  I haven't looked at the shaders for this port, but I am aware that the original game used a 2x modulate overbrightening on lightmapped surfaces (albeit hacked and emulated to work with the hardware of the time - via GL_LightScaleTexture) - it looks like this overbrightening might be missing from water surfaces.

Minimum system requirements:

System:

Win 10 64-bit version

Processor:

Intel Core i5-3570 @3.4 GHz or AMD Ryzen 3 1300X @3.5 GHz

Memory:

8GB System RAM

Damn, I played Quake 2 on a Celeron with Linux.

I put it in my cart but I did not see Linux in the system requirements: I removed it from my cart.

11 hours ago, Individualised said:

They go through Azure first, but only for connection tunneling (and only if it needs to be tunneled).

17 minutes ago, ducon said:

Damn, I played Quake 2 on a Celeron with Linux.

I put it in my cart but I did not see Linux in the system requirements: I removed it from my cart.

Linux is supported on Steam via the Proton runtime, that's how we have Steam Deck compatability.

I don’t want to use Steam, I prefer the old way with files and ports on my hard disk.