Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Opulent

Cheaters ruin everything.

Been playing a lot of Quake2dm online recently. Sometimes it is hard to find a game that doesn't have a cheater in it.
Speedhacks, nose paks, aim bots, teamed campers, spawn campers, glow paks, wall hackers, etc... just ruin the game for everyone else.
What stupifies me is HOW are they even having fun?
Is it better for you guys where you are?
God, I hope DOOM client/servers are better than this...

Opulent said:

God, I hope DOOM client/servers are better than this...

Fortunately, they are. Steer clear from those Anti-BFGers though.

Technical quality: Quake 3 owns all

Fun quality: Doom > Quake 3 > Quake 2

Quake 2 DM = meh

Every once in a while, I am reminded of what I miss by not playing internet games.

Oddly enough, Doom multiplayer seems to be far better than any game. No cheating, no weird freaks who turn people off by just pretending to be as stupid as possible. A few anti-BFG'ers as was mentioned, but oh well.

AndrewB said:

Every once in a while, I am reminded of what I miss by not playing internet games.

Oddly enough, Doom multiplayer seems to be far better than any game. No cheating, no weird freaks who turn people off by just pretending to be as stupid as possible. A few anti-BFG'ers as was mentioned, but oh well.

There used to be cheaters on Zdaemon you didn't know about, heh.

AndrewB said:

Every once in a while, I am reminded of what I miss by not giving a shit what you say.

AndrewB said:

Every once in a while, I am reminded of what I miss by having a life.

AndrewB said:

Every once in a whi--Oh fuck it. I just don't give a damn.

Black Hand said:

note to memo
everyone hates andrewb for ludicrisly small reasons.

He speaks the truth. And AndrewB would be a really good Newstuff reviewer if people allowed him.

AndrewB said:

Ever yonce in a while, I decide to quote people because everyone else is doing it.

Little Faith said:

And AndrewB would be a really good Newstuff reviewer if people allowed him.

Been there.

Black Hand said:

everyone hates andrewb

Wrong.

Opulent said:

melancholic_princess_2.jpg

You're prettier than I thought you'd be, 999cop. :)

No, but I wish I had a girlfriend like that, or at least the girl were existed :)

Black Hand said:
note to memo
everyone hates andrewb for ludicrisly small reasons.

I don’t hate him. I just think he has a lousy taste is FPS, and he’s kinda up himself. Mind you, considering that this thread turned into the 100th “lets all bash Andrewb” thread, who’s surprised?

He seems full of him self. It easyer ot deal with people like that on the net. In real life I would have hit him with a brick. I hate pople that are full of them selfs.

Opulent said:

Sometimes it is hard to find a game that doesn't have a cheater in it.

Heh, that's why I only play multiplayer on a LAN/Serial cable setup. That way if somebody's cheating, I can walk over and hit them in the head :P

The Quake 2 source is available, which has meant cheating has gone through the roof. There was a project called Q2ACE (Anti-Cheat Edition) which attempted to make a cheat proof Q2, but it recently closed down.

The problem is chronic to all online games though. There are lots of very talented hackers out there for whom fighting against games developers and making these cheats is a game unto itself. As for why people use them, I'm reminded of the pwned.com motto: "Half our fun is ruining yours". People enjoy being mean, they enjoy making themselves feel bigger by making others feel smaller, especially when they're just some random strangers on the internet.

But don't get too pissed about it, 'cause in the end its all only a game.

Jonathan said:

But don't get too pissed about it, 'cause in the end its all only a game.

I bet the people who do shit like that are really great to know in real life.

I rarely play multiplayer, I prefer SP. And when I start a MP game, it's with my friends or people I know that they don't cheat. If I play a MP game with people that I found that they cheat or are just plain stupid, I change server or just quit and do something else.

In games like Counter-Strike, the one thing more annoying than cheats is the players that have been playing the game every fucking day for four years now, so they can kill you in .02 seconds with a headshot no matter what their weapon is. The only multiplayer game I play these days is Half-Life Day of Defeat - think of it as CS in World War II, with fewer lame-ass 12 year olds.