Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zoost

Want one?

3D monitors expected by year's end

http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1103-992895.html

A bit overpriced, but still... Perfect for DOOM III. I know that some people on this board are saving money since 2000. (150$ p.m * 12 * 3 * interest = $6000) They will be able to buy a system with the most powerfull processor, memory, graphics card and..this 3d monitor!

And $6000,- plus $50 for the game is that too much to enjoy a great game?

I tried playing with 3d googles at my friend house and it gave me a headache. I could't keep up playing 6 hours straight like that. I couldn't bear to see in the screen always in 3d. If I work again this summer, and I'll surely will, I could buy it, but I won't.

Hmm, it seems that just like with 3D glasses, they'll be totally useless for people like me with little or no vision in one eye. Oh well, back to waiting for a holographic display I guess.

For this to work, the user has to be positioned directly in front of the monitor and at the correct distance away

No thanks. I hate that shit.

I think I'll keep saving for my KT400A/2800+ upgrade. I monitor like that coupled with Doom 3 would complety destroy any thought of sleep.

Hmm, it looks like that could make a game like Doom3 even scarier. Although I haven't got the money to upgrade this comp, let alone buy a 3d monitor :(