Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sargebaldy

progress quest!

a bunch of us doomers, including nanami, hyena, zarcyb, picklehammer, bloodshedder, slowmotionhobo, mancubus, darknation, mewse, espi, danarchy, the glorious and worthy pritch, and myself have created a 1337 fighting force in a very non-time-consuming rpg called progress quest (http://progressquest.com/)

if you want to join us, load up in multiplayer mode in kingdom Oobag, and when in the game press ctrl-g. Then type the name of our guild, which is "you fail it".

Hope to see you on there soon :)

you also can visit us at our irc channel at irc.us.freenode.net #youfailit

darknation said:

did you have to mention my name?

I didn't want to be associated with people as lame as you guys.

you are one of us lame guys now O_O

Argh! Pregress Quest. I was hoping I'd never see that game again. It's been like a year, I thought I was safe.

This thing is stupid. All I have to do is let it run minimized forever and gain stuff

Well I joined, I'm up to level 9 so far. I did "play" this a while ago and had a char up to level 40 or something, but that was on a different realm. This guilds system is interesting as it almost adds a bit of genuine competition (and thus gameplay), ie who can get the most people with the best uptime. The old ranks were basically dominated by people who ran servers and there wasn't really any way to catch them.

i think this game is very important to look at for anyone interested in game design, especially anyone who's ever felt frustrated by an RPG.

what exactly is it that makes an RPG fun?

this "progress quest" has removed all of the tedious aspects of RPGs, and it is important to look at what we're left with.

aaaanyways, its given me something to think about.

Ralphis said:

DONT EVER SAY THOSE GOD FORSAKEN WORDS AGAIN RAVAGE.

Runescape. :P

mewse said:

i think this game is very important to look at for anyone interested in game design, especially anyone who's ever felt frustrated by an RPG.

what exactly is it that makes an RPG fun?

this "progress quest" has removed all of the tedious aspects of RPGs, and it is important to look at what we're left with.

i agree 100%... rpg designers need to realize this is what most rpgs are like if you take away all the clicking and pretty graphics (*cough*diablo*cough*)

I've never seen this thing before in my life, and doesn't look like I was missing much. I think I'll stick to something else for my RPGness, thank you. :D

Bah I prefer Diablo 2, I started a new game not so long ago with my some of my friends. BTW does progress quest has any graphics or it's just plain text all the game ?

DOOM Anomaly said:

I've never seen this thing before in my life, and doesn't look like I was missing much. I think I'll stick to something else for my RPGness, thank you. :D

curse you DA! :P you're missing out

Darkstalker said:

Bah I prefer Diablo 2, I started a new game not so long ago with my some of my friends. BTW does progress quest has any graphics or it's just plain text all the game ?

heh.. progress quest not only has no graphics, it has no gameplay.. it plays for you :P basically it's like diablo 2 with a sense of humour, minus the graphics and need to click senselessly

sargebaldy said:

curse you DA! :P you're missing out

No thanks. Seeing it has no animations or graphics or anything to keep me looking and awake, and I'm assuming it doesn't have any catchy music. Looks about as complicated as Minesweep or Solitare, in which would keep me entertained for what, 4 minutes? I can't really stay focused on a bunch of fields and windows sorry, I'm not that old yet. :P
All in all, I'm sure its nice, but I'm also sure, that I'd be more entertained playing Pokémon or something. :P

DOOM Anomaly said:

No thanks. Seeing it has no animations or graphics or anything to keep me looking and awake, and I'm assuming it doesn't have any catchy music. Looks about as complicated as Minesweep or Solitare, in which would keep me entertained for what, 4 minutes? I can't really stay focused on a bunch of fields and windows sorry, I'm not that old yet. :P
All in all, I'm sure its nice, but I'm also sure, that I'd be more entertained playing Pokémon or something. :P

DA, you don't need to play, it goes on its own. you can play it in your sleep, you don't even need to look at it :P

oh and i should probably point out too, if you register and join our guild, you can find your stats here: http://progressquest.com/oobag.php?max=10&gid=1742
I'm using the name 'Grogglogobofink' btw :P

sargebaldy said:

DA, you don't need to play, it goes on its own. you can play it in your sleep, you don't even need to look at it :P

.........Then what in teh bleagragewdegegde is the point of running it?