Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CacodemonLeader

The Blessed Engine (DOOM Modification)

Anyone play this? It makes DOOM a lot harder (and also funnier). However, I've found out it can also make DOOM easy at the same time,especially in E3M8 on Ultra-Violence (or in this MOD's case, No Chance.). I'd say that it's a pretty cool MOD, but can get sort of impossible (ex. E2M3 on Nightmare!)

I seem to recall playing it once. Imps throw BFG balls, sargeants spawn demons when killed, and the weapon pickup sound is Zardoz saying "The gun is good" right?

You might want to try out the "AYOFM" patch as well. It's not quite as weird, but it is insane, giving you super cranked-up weapons and equally cranked-up monsters to use them on.

Linguica said:

That's the thing in The Sky May Be, right? Worst DEH ever.

Heh, no. Blessed was in a way, an old source port. It had nothing to do with that crap. :P

no, the blessed 'engine' is very much a dehacked patch. it's one that changes a lot of crap, but it's still just a dehacked patch. it's no more a source port than say, KDE is an OS.

it's also fucking awful, might I add.

ravage said:

Heh, no. Blessed was in a way, an old source port. It had nothing to do with that crap. :P

Haha, YOU'RE lecturing ME on Doom history?

Stealthy Ivan said:

Holy shit... I remember hearing about that... Thank god I never tried it huh? Or was it kinda cool?

I suppose it has some curiosity value. If you're the sort of guy that finds faeces portraiture and installation art strangely fascinating, give it a go!

yeah sky may be I tried out out of sheer morbid curiosity cuz ling kept saying it was the worst wad ever. I downloaded it and played for around 15 seconds before I realized he was right, stopped playing and never played it again.

it was both the best and worst day of my life :P

Well, what is the worst wad ever, then? (Maybe this should be a new thread?)

Ones I recall as being pretty bad were Doomjr and a wad called Boom (no relation to the engine). And of course a plethora of instances of "my first map" that should never have been released. [Heh, I've got a "my first map" that I'm considering releasing :) ]

one of the worst ever then.

I'd have to nominate doomjr as the worst ever tho. ugh.

I just played "Sky May Be" and Doomjr.

Please excuse me while I attempt to chew off my own head.

The Blessed Engine hurts. And Cacodemon Leader, can you contact me somehow? I wanna catch up with ya.

Ugh. I'm sticking to the Blessed Engine alone. The Sky May Be is extremely repetitive and even on the easiest difficulty, I die too much and parts of it are annoying (like that one area where you go into some darkness in the sky followed by going through tunnels while putting up with a repetitive moving floor sound and lost souls that kill you in one hit, and also the room with the Cyberdemon with an elevator that is blocked by a window and a blue door, and no use of finding your way out of that situation.

All in all, I'd rather stick with the Blessed Engine alone, and I'm not using the version of it that came with the Sky May be.

I don't want to even try DoomJr, either.

Trasher: Sure. I can find a way of contacting you, and yes, in a way, the Blessed Engine hurts. What hurts in a way for me is the platform sounds (really annoying!), but the rest is forgivable.

Off topic: CL, I've added you onto my ICQ: 92790495.

On topic: Don't get me wrong, some parts are fairly r0x, but some things are hideously overpowered, like the One-hit-and-you're-dead-even-in-god-mode Barons.