Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scuba Steve

DooM Shareware Boxes

I was in my School's bookshop today, and I saw the book High Score that tells the history of gaming and the many companies that helped make it what it is today. Anyways, reading through the id software section, I was interested when Romero mentioned there were tons of variations of the Doom Shareware Box. I saw a few interesting looking pics of boxes, and was wondering if anyone here has any doom shareware boxes that are unique?

Scuba Steve said:

I was in my School's bookshop today, and I saw the book High Score that tells the history of gaming and the many companies that helped make it what it is today. Anyways, reading through the id software section, I was interested when Romero mentioned there were tons of variations of the Doom Shareware Box. I saw a few interesting looking pics of boxes, and was wondering if anyone here has any doom shareware boxes that are unique?

i don't, i've only owned 3 copies of doom shareware :P

the first was just a copy of floppy disks my brother got of it. these weren't too pretty, just some disks with doom written on them in boring blue text.

one was a doom shareware cd from teh 5 foot 10 pack (an awfully nice looking cd at that)

then there was this other cd we had, but it had a bunch of other crap on it as well but it was just a black shareware cd of a few different things.. pretty boring at that

i'd like to see a different box cover as well, if anyone has them

I remember when I bought the Wolfenstein 3d shareware :(

The only time I saw Doom shareware was when I recived a copy, of a copy, of a copy. You know how that shareware thing goes...

It would be cool to get ahold of the boxes, though. Wall art.

Rotting Corpse said:

Chrissie
ON ARIOCH'S HITLIST.

Dude ya better shape up. Your cruseing for a lossing.The Rev is going to tare ya apart.

Dude?????

And learn to spell.

Uhm, gimme some time I can get my old Doom shareware box. I distinctly remember the unusual screen captures on the back, with a lives indicator next to the Doom marines face on the status bar, and something else weird that I can't recall atm. I'll see if I can get/find it.

Chrissie said:

hmm let me see... oh yes. i care

This is a forum for Doom fans. You should expect such things being posted here. If you don't like the smell in here you are free to leave.

"heh, zarcyb, did you happen to read chrissie's sig?"

i can spell!!! not very well tho

"This is a forum for Doom fans. You should expect such things being posted here. If you don't like the smell in here you are free to leave."

i dont know what doom is really,ive probably played it but i just came here cos i was interested, cos ross likes it, nothing wrong with that!

Chrissie said:

"heh, zarcyb, did you happen to read chrissie's sig?"

i can spell!!! not very well tho

"This is a forum for Doom fans. You should expect such things being posted here. If you don't like the smell in here you are free to leave."

i dont know what doom is really,ive probably played it but i just came here cos i was interested, cos ross likes it, nothing wrong with that!

Yeah you played it once :D you said it hurt your eyes though :(

Use3D said:

Uhm, gimme some time I can get my old Doom shareware box. I distinctly remember the unusual screen captures on the back, with a lives indicator next to the Doom marines face on the status bar, and something else weird that I can't recall atm. I'll see if I can get/find it.

That's screenshots of the Press-Release version, which had lives and item counters, Wolf3d style.