VERSION: 1.02P2
DEVELOPER: FireWarden1000
EMAIL ADDRESS: hateatinghat@hotmail.com
VERSION RELEASE DATES:
1.00    09/14/2023
1.01    10/04/2023
1.02P1    03/17/2024
1.02P2    07/22/2024

EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE WAS MADE USING DATA FROM DOOM2.

DESCRIPTION:
Single player DOOM2 levels which include  Easy, Medium, and Challenge difficulty levels.
Read GAMEGUIDE.TXT for more details about EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE.

MAPS INCLUDED WITH EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE:
MAP01        EXPERT
MAP02        REDBUILDING1
MAP03        BRICKLAND1.2

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
SOURCE PORTS:
Read the user manual included with the DOOM Engine source port software you are using to load custom DOOM2 maps.
Start a new game in DOOM2 to access the EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE levels.
DOSBOX/MS-DOS:
Copy the contents of STRIKE1.02P2.zip to the "DOOM 2/doom2" directory in your installation of DOOM2.
In the MS-DOS terminal use the commands to load STRIKE1.02P2.wad with DOOM2.EXE:
C:/CD DOOM2~1/DOOM2
C:/DOOM2~1/DOOM2/DOOM2.EXE -FILE STRIKE~1.WAD
Start a new game in DOOM2 to access the EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE levels.
KNOWN BUGS:
DOSBOX/MS-DOS
MAP01:EXPERT
Enemies have a chance of being stuck in door locations.
Archviles has a chance of spawning unkillable enemies.
MAP02:REDBUILDING1
Mancubus Fireballs have a chance to travel through walls.
MAP03:BRICKLAND1.2
Mancubus Fireballs have a chance to travel through walls.
Hall of Mirrors glitch is noticeable throughout the level based on view distance.

FILES INCLUDED WITH STRIKE1.02P2.zip:
DEVELOPMENTTRACKING.TXT
GAMEGUIDE.TXT
STRIKE1.02P2.TXT
STRIKE1.02P2.wad

SCREENSHOTS:

STRIKE.wad

Spoiler

BRICKLAND.wad - DOSBOX
WADBRICKLAND.png
CONTOUR.wad - DOSBOX
WADCHEMICALS.jpg

STRIKE1.01.wad

Spoiler

CHEMICALS.wad - DOSBOX
WADCONTOUR.jpg
FORTRESS1.wad - DOSBOX
WADFORTRESS1.png

STRIKE1.02P1.wad

Spoiler

BRICKLAND1.1 - DOSBOX
STRIKEBRICKLAND1-1-1.png

STRIKEBRICKLAND1-1-2.png

STRIKE1.02P2.wad

Spoiler

DOSBOX
STRIKE1-02-P2-D1.png
GZDOOM
STRIKE1-02-P2-G1.png
WOOF
STRIKE1-02-P2-W1.png

DOSBOX
STRIKE1-02-P2-D2.png
GZDOOM
STRIKE1-02-P2-G2.png
WOOF
STRIKE1-02-P2-W2.png

DOSBOX
STRIKE1-02-P2-D3.png
GZDOOM
STRIKE1-02-P2-G3.png
WOOF
STRIKE1-02-P2-W3.png

CREDITS:
Eureka DOOM Editor Website:
http://eureka-editor.sourceforge.net/
Use the latest developer version of the Eureka DOOM Editor:
https://github.com/ioan-chera/eureka-editor

SLADE DOOM Editor Website:
https://slade.mancubus.net/
SLADE GitHub Website:
https://github.com/sirjuddington/SLADE

Free image hosting provided by the ImgBB website.
Upload and share your images.
https://imgbb.com/

Music provided by the Free Midi website, and Partners in Rhyme Website.
Best Free High Quality Midi Site.
https://freemidi.org/
Free Midi Files and Midi Songs, Free Background Music.
https://www.partnersinrhyme.com/midi/index.shtml

MUSIC TRACK LIST:
MAP01 - Sober(2).mid - https://freemidi.org/download3-14836-sober-2-tool
MAP02 - ThemBones(2).mid - https://freemidi.org/download3-15736-them-bones-2-alice-in-chains
MAP03 - rain.mid - https://www.partnersinrhyme.com/midi/Misc/index.shtml

EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE was uploaded to the MOD DB website.
Games and mods development for Windows, Linux and Mac.
https://www.moddb.com/

EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE DOWNLOAD LINK:
EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE addon - Doom II - Mod DB
https://www.moddb.com/games/doom-ii/addons/expansionwads-strike

Watch the development of EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE on the Doomworld Forums.
Forums: Doomworld
https://www.doomworld.com/

EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE 1.02 PREVIEW 2 - DOOM2 WAD - WAD Releases && Development - Doomworld
https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/140026-expansionwads-strike-102-preview-2-doom2-wad/

EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE is compatible with DOSBox MS-DOS X86 emulator, and DOOM2.EXE.
DOSBox, an x86 emulator with DOS.
https://www.dosbox.com/

EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE is compatible with GZDoom.
GitHub - ZDoom/gzdoom: GZDoom is a feature centric port for all Doom engine games, based on ZDoom, adding an OpenGL renderer and powerful scripting capabilities.
https://github.com/ZDoom/gzdoom

GitHub - BLOODWOLF333/Brutal-Doom-Community-Expansion: A combined community expansion for the latest version of Brutal Doom. All of the latest bug fixes and new features in a single place to create the most polished and stable product.
https://github.com/BLOODWOLF333/Brutal-Doom-Community-Expansion

EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE is compatible with Woof.
GitHub - fabiangreffrath/woof: Woof! is a continuation of the Boom/MBF bloodline of Doom source ports.
https://github.com/fabiangreffrath/woof

UPDATE HISTORY:
OCTOBER 4TH 2023

Spoiler

EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE.zip
- Updated EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE to Version 1.01.
- Added 2 new DOOM2 maps to EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE MAP PACK, CONTOUR.wad, and CHEMICALS.wad.
STRIKE.TXT
- STRIKE.TXT was updated to STRIKE1.01.TXT.
- Updated Map Included List.
- Updated Installation Instructions.
- Added links to 2 new screenshots for EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE.
- Miscellaneous Improvements.
GAMEGUIDE.TXT
- Added OBJECTIVES, SIDE OBJECTIVES, and CHALLENGE MODE Explanations for CHEMICALS.wad, and CONTOUR.wad.
- Added NOTES for each map in EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE.

MARCH 17TH 2024

Spoiler

STRIKE1.02P1.zip
- EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE1.01.zip is updated to STRIKE1.02P1.zip.
- STRIKE1.02P1.zip will include STRIKE1.02P1.wad.
STRIKE1.02P1.TXT
- STRIKE.TXT is now updated to STRIKE1.02P1.TXT.
- DESCRIPTION
Added BRICKLAND1.1 to Map Description.
- INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
Added Installation Instructions for BRICKLAND1.1 map.
Added a Known Bugs list for BRICKLAND1.1.
- FILES INCLUDED
Added DEVELOPMENTTRACKING.TXT, and STRIKE1.02P1.wad to STRIKE1.02P1.zip.
- SCREENSHOTS
Added 2 BRICKLAND1.1 screenshots.
- MISCELLANEOUS IMPROVEMENTS.
DEVELOPMENTTRACKING.TXT
- Added BRICKLAND1.1 Development Tracking to DEVELOPMENTTRACKING.TXT.
- BRICKLAND was updated to BRICKLAND1.1, and is included in STRIKE1.02P1.wad.
- BRICKLAND1.1 was redesigned from scratch to be made into a transformative map.
- BRICKLAND1.1 takes place in the town of MaCullney.
- BRICKLAND1.1 was released after completing 20 Hours of Level Development.
GAMEGUIDE.TXT
- Added VERSION information.
- Added a SYNOPSIS for EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE.
- Miscellaneous improvements.
- Added a STORYLINE for BRICKLAND1.1.
- Adjusted the OBJECTIVES, and SIDE OBJECTIVES.

JULY 22ND 2024:

Spoiler

STRIKE1.02P2.zip
- EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE1.01P1.zip is updated to STRIKE1.02P2.zip.
- Removed previous versions of EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE files.
STRIKE1.02P2.TXT
- STRIKE1.02P1.TXT is updated to STRIKE1.02P2.TXT.
- MAPS INCLUDED
Added MAP01:EXPERT, MAP02:REDBULDING1, and MAP03:BRICKLAND1.2 to MAPS INCLUDED list.
- INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
Added SOURCE PORTS instructions.
Modified DOSBox/MS-DOS instructions.
Updated KNOWN BUGS list.
- FILES INCLUDED
Updated FILES INCLUDED list.
- SCREENSHOTS
Added 9 new SCREENSHOTS.
- CREDITS
Added CREDITS Category to STRIKE1.02P2.TXT.
Added Freemidi Website, and Partners in Rhyme Website.
Added MUSIC TRACK LIST.
Added GZDoom, and Woof DOOM Source Ports.
Added Brutal Doom Community Expansion mod.
- MISCELLANEOUS IMPROVEMENTS.
New Document layout.
DEVELOPMENTTRACKING.TXT
- Added VERSION Information.
- Added Development Tracking for MAP01 - MAP05.
GAMEGUIDE.TXT
- Updated VERSION information.
- Added DESCRIPTION Category.
- Updated The SYNOPSIS for EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE.
- Miscellaneous improvements.
- Added a STORYLINE for EXPERT.
- Added OBJECTIVES, SIDE OBJECTIVES, and CHALLENGE MODE.
- Added a STORYLINE for REDBUILDING1.
- Added a STORYLINE for BRICKLAND1.2.

Edited by FireWarden1000 : STRIKE1.02P2 UPDATE

I had to attend my Dad's funeral in Fort-Worth, Texas, which lasted for 2 painful weeks, because he passed away unexpectedly, and may he rest in peace.  I have even more news for everyone, remember that accident that happened last year which caused me to relocate to temporary housing? Well here is the truth, my home caught on fire when I was working on my car, which was an accident that I caused. I have good news to share with everyone, I should be getting money from my Dad's side of the family to pay for his funeral, which I payed out of pocket, and the repairs to my destroyed home should be starting very soon. I didn't say anything about the fire incident back then, because I wasn't certain how the events will unfold, and I would't want to disappoint anyone.

I got promoted at my job out of nowhere, because supposedly I am a great writer, I am excellent at math, and I present excellent ideas to the company according to my boss. I am under the impression you guys said something, and now everybody knows I build DOOM maps as a side project. Anyhow, EXPANSIONWADS is a DOOM mapping project I launched for the classic gaming community on Facebook, which will feature DOOM maps that I normally would not release on the Doomworld Forums. Back then I didn't have a reason to release these unreleased DOOM maps, because I was not interested in maintaining the maps long term or expressed any interest in expanding the maps. The EXPANSIONWAD maps will not be the Transformative maps that I release on the Doomworld Forums, because the Transformative maps take at least 100 hours to build.

August 2023 was a very challenging month for myself, but I have returned to building DOOM maps, and I have continued writing DOOMWAD REVIEWS on the Doomworld Forums. I have only released 2 maps out of the 4 maps that I initially planned for the STRIKE MAP PACK, because the maps are taking longer to build than I anticipated. I was not able to track the development time of the STRIKE MAP PACK, because I had to setup the SLADE DOOM Editor software, and understand how to use the software. The instruction manual for the SLADE DOOM Editor program is very vague about how to use the software. I prefer to use the Eureka DOOM Editor over the SLADE DOOM Editor, but I have to admit the SLADE DOOM Editor is easier to use.

I have released the last 2 maps for EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE DOOM2 MAP PACK which is designed to be played with DOSBox, the MS-DOS X86 Emulator with DOOM2.EXE. EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE will be compatible with any DOOM Engine source port, but the gameplay will be untested with all DOOM Engine source ports. EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE was designed to include only 4 DOOM2 maps, and I will release more EXPANSIONWAD MAP PACKS eventually, possibly yearly because I prefer to build DOOM maps over a longer period of time instead of proceeding with monthly map releases. There are times where I cannot release a DOOM map, because the quality of the map will be on the lower end of the chart, and I am only taking advantage of the customers if I decide to disguise the incomplete map as a full map release.

The development of EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE was very challenging, but I am completely surprised by the quality of the maps, because the maps started out very small in size, but eventually became full sized DOOM2 maps. Balancing the difficulty of the maps was the main problem with EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE, because adding more areas to the maps will only extend the development cycle of the maps, and I did not track the development time of each map, which was a significant problem with the 1.00 Release of EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE. Anyone should consider the 1.01 Release of EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE the actual 1.00 Release, because I did not add any improvements to BRICKLAND.wad or FORTRESS1.wad. The next time anyone will see an update for EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE will probably have to wait a long time.

@FireWarden1000, first, I’m sorry for your loss, and for the accident that you reported. I hope everything gets better soon. Congratulations on the ExpansionWads! I loved the maps that you created. In this video, I recorded a gameplay of the map Brickland. At the end of the description, there is an English version of it. GG!

dmnwizard, excellent playthrough of BRICKLANDS.wad in the EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE DOOM2 MAP PACK, because you only got hit 1 time in the entire map. This is very surprising news for me, because even I have to admit I had a difficult time completing BRICKLAND on Ultra-Violence. I was playing BRICKLAND with DOSBox with DOOM2.EXE, and I would always take a beating in the last area. I though I made these maps more challenging than most people will be able to handle, because I had a difficult time testing most of the maps on Ultra-Violence except for FORTRESS1 which is the shortest map in EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE

3 minutes ago, Alicia_Smith said:

Wow, this update is a game-changer for Doom enthusiasts! The EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE map pack is already a classic, and now with the 1.01 update, it's taken to a whole new level. The attention to detail and creativity is simply outstanding. Kudos to the developers for their hard work and dedication to the Doom community.

On another note, if you're looking for top-tier expertise in Android app development, I highly recommend Android App Development Agency. Their track record in crafting seamless and innovative applications is unparalleled. They've got a knack for turning ideas into functional, user-friendly apps that stand out in the crowded app market. Keep up the amazing work

This reads like an ad/self-promo, which makes me a little bit suspicious. Could this be an alt of OP? 

EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE 1.02P1 UPDATE
With the release of EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE 1.02P1, STRIKE1.02 Preview Release 1, includes the redesigned BRICKLAND1.1 map, which was made into a transformative map after 20 hours of level development. If you open the DEVELOPMENTTRACKING.TXT file included with STRIKE1.02P1.zip, you will notice I started developing BRICKLAND1.1 on 01/02/2024, and finished 03/14/2024. This does not imply the level required 3 months to complete development, because I have been busy with personal business, as well as writing the WADREVIEWS, which places me in a difficult situation, where I will not have enough time to develop new DOOMWADS. This is the reason why I decided to slow down the DOOMWADS production line, because I will not have enough time to write the WADREVIEWS, which I feel is a higher priority for the video game industry in comparison to releasing new DOOMWADS.

BRICKLAND1.1
BRICKLAND1.1 is possibly the grindiest DOOMWAD I have released, because that is the plan with the EXPANSIONWAD DOOM levels, which will feature levels with more emphasis on action over storyline. More emphasis on action over storyline means the maze like layout of the levels will not be present in the levels, and expect the levels to be more straightforward with open ended level designs. BRICKLAND was redesigned into a transformative level utilizing the prototype city level design that I have been developing in the background. The main reason why this level required more time to develop, because I was designing the level from scratch, which means developing a new level layout instead of the typical maze like corridors within a large complex. I was able to add a storyline to both EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE, and BRICKLAND without increasing the budget for the project.

DOOMWADS UPDATE
The plan is to release at least 2 DOOMWADS a year, because the DOOMWAD levels are higher budget projects, compared to the EXPANSIONWAD levels, and the DOOMWAD levels require at least 20 - 30 hours of level development. The next DOOM level I plan to release will be a DOOMWAD, and expect the level to be released possibly at the end of APRIL 2024.

EXPANSIONWADS UPDATE
The main difference between the DOOMWADS, EXPANSIONWADS, and WADREVIEWS are the "studios" involved in each project. Imagine the media companies are placed in GROUP A, GROUP B, GROUP C, well this is the plan moving ahead, and is actually the plan I have been utilizing for a long time. Imagine GROUP A is Activision Publishing Inc. with Take-Two Interactive, and GROUP B is Sierra Entertainment with Electronic Arts Inc., well not exactly, but you get the idea. There are 2 publishers for each DOOM content "channel," the main publisher is the main publisher for the project, and the secondary publisher is the back up publisher who is responsible for publishing in areas outside the primary region. This means 1 publisher for let's say North America, and 1 publisher for Europe, but the publishers are not restricted to these regions, but changing regions will change the development cycle for all projects involved.

WADREVIEWS UPDATE
The plan is to release a WADREVIEW every week, and the plan hasn't changed, but I have been testing Version 22 of Brutal DOOM, the DOOM mod when I have a chance.

DOOMWADS UPDATE:
I will return to developing INFERNO RISING, DOOM2 WAD, and the plan is to release 1 update before the end of the year. I have committed 40 hours of level development towards INFERNO RISING in the current build, and I suspended development in MAY 2024 to proceed with the development of the next release of EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE.

The plan is to release a DOOMWADS update after I complete 80 hours of level development, and I should be able to complete 60 hours before the end of the year.

EXPANSIONWADS UPDATE:
The plan for EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE is to a release 5 level DOOM2 WAD featuring at least 60 Minutes of gameplay. The original plan for EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE was to release 10 levels with 8 hours of level development for each level, and I decreased the number of levels in the WAD to increase the development time for each level.

The plan is to release 5 DOOM2 levels, and committing 16 hours of development for each level, which adds up to 80 hours of level development for the WAD. The development hours increased for the EXPANSIONWADS levels, because the levels were completely empty, the overall level design will be present, but the levels will be without any decorations.

Even the current release of EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE is still a questionable quality, and this is probably the best you are going to get considering the theme of the WAD. Proceeding with the theme will lead to completely empty levels, which is to preserve the gameplay of the original levels without detracting from the source material.

WADREVIEWS UPDATE:
Unfortunately I am suspending the WADREVIEWS for the month of JULY 2024, because of numerous personal problems, more specifically I had internet problems since July 5TH, and the internet problem was resolved recently. The problem appears to involve the renovations taking place in the apartment building I am currently leasing.

I have been renting cars, and calling for taxi drivers since MAY 2024, because I was involved in a car accident, which made my main car unsustainable.

The WADREVIEWS will return for AUGUST 2024. The truth of the situation, the WADREVIEWS require time, and effort to develop then release, which means DOOMWADS / EXPANSIONWADS will see a decrease in productivity, because I do not have enough overtime hours at my current job.

Starting out with the Facebook Channels, I was working overtime at my job, then I changed jobs in the Company, and my work hours have decreased, because I am required to share the work hours with the Department. Previously, I was working solo, and I only shared the work load to train associates.