MAP PACK TITLE:    EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE MAP PACK
VERSION:        1.02P1
LEAD DEVELOPER:    "FireWarden1000" Jimmy Souhala
EMAIL ADDRESS:    hateatinghat@hotmail.com
RELEASE DATE:
1.00    09/14/2023
1.01    10/04/2023
1.02P1    03/17/2024

EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE MAP PACK was made using data from DOOM2.

DOOM ENGINE EDITOR SOFTWARE:    Eureka DOOM Editor, and SLADE DOOM Editor

Eureka DOOM Editor website:
http://eureka-editor.sourceforge.net/
Use the latest developer version of the Eureka DOOM Editor:
https://github.com/ioan-chera/eureka-editor

SLADE DOOM Editor website:
https://slade.mancubus.net/
SLADE GitHub website:
https://github.com/sirjuddington/SLADE

Free image hosting provided by the ImgBB website.
Upload and share your images.
ImgBB website:
https://imgbb.com/

EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE MAP PACK was uploaded to the MOD DB website.
Games and mods development for Windows, Linux and Mac.
MOD DB website:
https://www.moddb.com/

EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE MAP PACK DOWNLOAD LINK:
EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE addon - Doom II - Mod DB
https://www.moddb.com/games/doom-ii/addons/expansionwads-strike

Watch the development of EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE MAP PACK on the Doomworld Forums.
Forums: Doomworld
https://www.doomworld.com/

The EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE MAP PACK is compatible with DOSBox MS-DOS X86 emulator, and DOOM2.EXE.
DOSBox, an x86 emulator with DOS.
DOSBox website:
https://www.dosbox.com/

Map Description:

Single player DOOM2 maps.
Maps includes Easy, Medium, and Challenge difficulty levels.

Maps Included with The EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE MAP PACK:

Spoiler

BRICKLAND        MAP01
BRICKLAND1.1    MAP01
CHEMICALS        MAP01
CONTOUR            MAP01
FORTRESS1        MAP01

EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE Storyline

Spoiler

SYNOPSIS:
DOOMGUY SUCCESSFULLY INFILTRATES THE HENTS AUDITORIUM THEATRE, AND RESCUES MARIGOLD RENOULTE ALONGSIDE DOCTOR VICTOR MERASE FROM CHAIRMAN LEONIS KRAUSER OF QUNITOR-DAKANE GLOBAL PARTNERS, WHO IS STILL AT LARGE.

MARIGOLD RENAULTE INFORMS DOOMGUY ABOUT A TOP SECRET RESEARCH PROJECT CALLED THE POLTERGEIST MACHINE BEING RESEARCHED BY A TOP RANKING SCIENTIST WITHIN QUNITOR-DAKANE GLOBAL PARTNERS, DOCTOR HENRIQUE TROSS.

DOOMGUY CONTACTS MARINE HEADQUARTERS (THE PENTAGON) ABOUT INFORMATION INVOLVING LEONIS KRAUSER, TO FIND OUT GENERAL CHARLES DENSENGRUES IS BEING CHARGED WITH ESPIONAGE, AND WILL BE OUT OF ACTION.

GENERAL CHARLES DENSENGRUES WILL BE REPLACED WITH ADMIRAL SCOTT MOBACH, OPERATIONS DIRECTOR WITHIN THE DEPARTMENT OF SECRET OPERATIONS, AND HE IS SUPPORTED BY OPERATIONS LEADER ADMIRAL KEITH BRADDOCK.

Installation Instructions:

Copy the contents of EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE to the DOOM 2/doom2 directory in your installation of DOOM2.
In the MS-DOS terminal use the commands to load maps with DOOM2.EXE:

BRICKLAND
C:/CD DOOM2~1/DOOM2
C:/DOOM2~1/DOOM2/DOOM2.EXE -FILE BRICKL~1.WAD

BRICKLAND1.1
C:/DOOM2~1/DOOM2/DOOM2.EXE -FILE STRIKE~1.WAD

CHEMICALS.wad
C:/DOOM2~1/DOOM2/DOOM2.EXE -FILE CHEMIC~1.WAD

CONTOUR.wad
C:/DOOM2~1/DOOM2/DOOM2.EXE -FILE CONTOUR.WAD

FORTRESS1.wad
C:/DOOM2~1/DOOM2/DOOM2.EXE -FILE FORTRE~1.WAD

Start a new game in DOOM2 to access the EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE MAP PACK maps.

Known Bugs:
BRICKLAND1.1
Crashes
- There is a chance of Visplane Overflow Errors.
Gameplay
- Enemies have a chance of being stuck in door locations.
- Mancubus Fireballs have a chance to travel through walls.
Visuals
- Hall of Mirrors glitch is noticeable throughout the level based on view distance.

Files included with STRIKE1.02P1.zip:

BRICKLAND.wad
CHEMICALS.wad
CONTOUR.wad
FORTRESS1.wad
GAMEGUIDE.TXT
STRIKE1.01.TXT
STRIKE1.02PR.wad

Screenshots:

BRICKLAND.wad

Spoiler

WADBRICKLAND.png

BRICKLAND1.1

Spoiler

STRIKEBRICKLAND1-1-1.png

STRIKEBRICKLAND1-1-2.png

CONTOUR.wad

Spoiler

WADCHEMICALS.jpg

CHEMICALS.wad

Spoiler

WADCONTOUR.jpg

FORTRESS1.wad

Spoiler

WADFORTRESS1.png

UPDATE OCTOBER 4TH 2023:

Spoiler

EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE.zip
- Updated EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE to Version 1.01.
- Added 2 new DOOM2 maps to EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE MAP PACK, CONTOUR.wad, and CHEMICALS.wad.

STRIKE.TXT
- STRIKE.TXT was updated to STRIKE1.01.TXT.
- Updated Map Included List.
- Updated Installation Instructions.
- Added links to 2 new screenshots for EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE.
- Miscellaneous Improvements.

GAMEGUIDE.TXT
- Added OBJECTIVES, SIDE OBJECTIVES, and CHALLENGE MODE Explanations for CHEMICALS.wad, and CONTOUR.wad.
- Added NOTES for each map in EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE.
- Miscellaneous Improvements.

UPDATE MARCH 17TH 2024:

Spoiler

STRIKE1.02P1.zip
- EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE1.01.zip is updated to STRIKE1.02P1.zip.
- STRIKE1.02P1.zip will include STRIKE1.02P1.wad.

STRIKE1.02P1.TXT
- STRIKE1.01.TXT is now updated to STRIKE1.02P1.TXT.
- Added BRICKLAND1.1 to Map Description.
- Added Installation Instructions for BRICKLAND1.1 map.
- Added a Known Bugs list for BRICKLAND1.1.
- Added DEVELOPMENTTRACKING.TXT, and STRIKE1.02P1.wad to STRIKE1.02P1.zip.
- Added 2 BRICKLAND1.1 screenshots.
- Miscellaneous improvements.

DEVELOPMENTTRACKING.TXT
- Added BRICKLAND1.1 Development Tracking to DEVELOPMENTTRACKING.TXT.

BRICKLAND1.1
- BRICKLAND was updated to BRICKLAND1.1, and is included in STRIKE1.02P1.wad.
- BRICKLAND1.1 was redesigned from scratch to be made into a transformative map.
- BRICKLAND1.1 takes place in the town of MaCullney.
- BRICKLAND1.1 was released after completing 20 Hours of Level Development.

GAMEGUIDE.TXT
- Added VERSION information.
- Added a SYNOPSIS for EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE.
- Miscellaneous improvements.
BRICKLAND1.1
- Added a STORYLINE for BRICKLAND1.1.
- Adjusted the OBJECTIVES, and SIDE OBJECTIVES.

Edited by FireWarden1000 : STRIKE1.02P1 RELEASE

I had to attend my Dad's funeral in Fort-Worth, Texas, which lasted for 2 painful weeks, because he passed away unexpectedly, and may he rest in peace.  I have even more news for everyone, remember that accident that happened last year which caused me to relocate to temporary housing? Well here is the truth, my home caught on fire when I was working on my car, which was an accident that I caused. I have good news to share with everyone, I should be getting money from my Dad's side of the family to pay for his funeral, which I payed out of pocket, and the repairs to my destroyed home should be starting very soon. I didn't say anything about the fire incident back then, because I wasn't certain how the events will unfold, and I would't want to disappoint anyone.

I got promoted at my job out of nowhere, because supposedly I am a great writer, I am excellent at math, and I present excellent ideas to the company according to my boss. I am under the impression you guys said something, and now everybody knows I build DOOM maps as a side project. Anyhow, EXPANSIONWADS is a DOOM mapping project I launched for the classic gaming community on Facebook, which will feature DOOM maps that I normally would not release on the Doomworld Forums. Back then I didn't have a reason to release these unreleased DOOM maps, because I was not interested in maintaining the maps long term or expressed any interest in expanding the maps. The EXPANSIONWAD maps will not be the Transformative maps that I release on the Doomworld Forums, because the Transformative maps take at least 100 hours to build.

August 2023 was a very challenging month for myself, but I have returned to building DOOM maps, and I have continued writing DOOMWAD REVIEWS on the Doomworld Forums. I have only released 2 maps out of the 4 maps that I initially planned for the STRIKE MAP PACK, because the maps are taking longer to build than I anticipated. I was not able to track the development time of the STRIKE MAP PACK, because I had to setup the SLADE DOOM Editor software, and understand how to use the software. The instruction manual for the SLADE DOOM Editor program is very vague about how to use the software. I prefer to use the Eureka DOOM Editor over the SLADE DOOM Editor, but I have to admit the SLADE DOOM Editor is easier to use.

I have released the last 2 maps for EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE DOOM2 MAP PACK which is designed to be played with DOSBox, the MS-DOS X86 Emulator with DOOM2.EXE. EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE will be compatible with any DOOM Engine source port, but the gameplay will be untested with all DOOM Engine source ports. EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE was designed to include only 4 DOOM2 maps, and I will release more EXPANSIONWAD MAP PACKS eventually, possibly yearly because I prefer to build DOOM maps over a longer period of time instead of proceeding with monthly map releases. There are times where I cannot release a DOOM map, because the quality of the map will be on the lower end of the chart, and I am only taking advantage of the customers if I decide to disguise the incomplete map as a full map release.

The development of EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE was very challenging, but I am completely surprised by the quality of the maps, because the maps started out very small in size, but eventually became full sized DOOM2 maps. Balancing the difficulty of the maps was the main problem with EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE, because adding more areas to the maps will only extend the development cycle of the maps, and I did not track the development time of each map, which was a significant problem with the 1.00 Release of EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE. Anyone should consider the 1.01 Release of EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE the actual 1.00 Release, because I did not add any improvements to BRICKLAND.wad or FORTRESS1.wad. The next time anyone will see an update for EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE will probably have to wait a long time.

@FireWarden1000, first, I’m sorry for your loss, and for the accident that you reported. I hope everything gets better soon. Congratulations on the ExpansionWads! I loved the maps that you created. In this video, I recorded a gameplay of the map Brickland. At the end of the description, there is an English version of it. GG!

dmnwizard, excellent playthrough of BRICKLANDS.wad in the EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE DOOM2 MAP PACK, because you only got hit 1 time in the entire map. This is very surprising news for me, because even I have to admit I had a difficult time completing BRICKLAND on Ultra-Violence. I was playing BRICKLAND with DOSBox with DOOM2.EXE, and I would always take a beating in the last area. I though I made these maps more challenging than most people will be able to handle, because I had a difficult time testing most of the maps on Ultra-Violence except for FORTRESS1 which is the shortest map in EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE

3 minutes ago, Alicia_Smith said:

Wow, this update is a game-changer for Doom enthusiasts! The EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE map pack is already a classic, and now with the 1.01 update, it's taken to a whole new level. The attention to detail and creativity is simply outstanding. Kudos to the developers for their hard work and dedication to the Doom community.

On another note, if you're looking for top-tier expertise in Android app development, I highly recommend Android App Development Agency. Their track record in crafting seamless and innovative applications is unparalleled. They've got a knack for turning ideas into functional, user-friendly apps that stand out in the crowded app market. Keep up the amazing work

This reads like an ad/self-promo, which makes me a little bit suspicious. Could this be an alt of OP? 

EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE 1.02P1 UPDATE
With the release of EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE 1.02P1, STRIKE1.02 Preview Release 1, includes the redesigned BRICKLAND1.1 map, which was made into a transformative map after 20 hours of level development. If you open the DEVELOPMENTTRACKING.TXT file included with STRIKE1.02P1.zip, you will notice I started developing BRICKLAND1.1 on 01/02/2024, and finished 03/14/2024. This does not imply the level required 3 months to complete development, because I have been busy with personal business, as well as writing the WADREVIEWS, which places me in a difficult situation, where I will not have enough time to develop new DOOMWADS. This is the reason why I decided to slow down the DOOMWADS production line, because I will not have enough time to write the WADREVIEWS, which I feel is a higher priority for the video game industry in comparison to releasing new DOOMWADS.

BRICKLAND1.1
BRICKLAND1.1 is possibly the grindiest DOOMWAD I have released, because that is the plan with the EXPANSIONWAD DOOM levels, which will feature levels with more emphasis on action over storyline. More emphasis on action over storyline means the maze like layout of the levels will not be present in the levels, and expect the levels to be more straightforward with open ended level designs. BRICKLAND was redesigned into a transformative level utilizing the prototype city level design that I have been developing in the background. The main reason why this level required more time to develop, because I was designing the level from scratch, which means developing a new level layout instead of the typical maze like corridors within a large complex. I was able to add a storyline to both EXPANSIONWADS-STRIKE, and BRICKLAND without increasing the budget for the project.

DOOMWADS UPDATE
The plan is to release at least 2 DOOMWADS a year, because the DOOMWAD levels are higher budget projects, compared to the EXPANSIONWAD levels, and the DOOMWAD levels require at least 20 - 30 hours of level development. The next DOOM level I plan to release will be a DOOMWAD, and expect the level to be released possibly at the end of APRIL 2024.

EXPANSIONWADS UPDATE
The main difference between the DOOMWADS, EXPANSIONWADS, and WADREVIEWS are the "studios" involved in each project. Imagine the media companies are placed in GROUP A, GROUP B, GROUP C, well this is the plan moving ahead, and is actually the plan I have been utilizing for a long time. Imagine GROUP A is Activision Publishing Inc. with Take-Two Interactive, and GROUP B is Sierra Entertainment with Electronic Arts Inc., well not exactly, but you get the idea. There are 2 publishers for each DOOM content "channel," the main publisher is the main publisher for the project, and the secondary publisher is the back up publisher who is responsible for publishing in areas outside the primary region. This means 1 publisher for let's say North America, and 1 publisher for Europe, but the publishers are not restricted to these regions, but changing regions will change the development cycle for all projects involved.

WADREVIEWS UPDATE
The plan is to release a WADREVIEW every week, and the plan hasn't changed, but I have been testing Version 22 of Brutal DOOM, the DOOM mod when I have a chance.