Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jayextee

Jayextee has left the building

Hello there, long time no see.

For those of you that don't know me, stop reading. For the few that do, this is kinda farewell.

After being in The Community for a long time, and enjoying it - you guys rule -, I have to go for a while. Maybe indefinitely. See, some crap has happened in RL, and I am quite ill.

Basically, I'm very ill with stress, and need to chill the hell out, or get worse. Not good. Therefore, I'm taking a rest from everything stressful, including Doom editing - the sole reason I was still in the community, really. What this means for you guys, is that if you were eagerly awaiting Murderous Intent 2, then you will not see it. I may come back to it, but I'm unsure - life's too short, and I have to ejoy new things.

Anyway, I think the following people for being really good to me in some way. Apologies if some of the names have changed, but I haven't been here in a while; these may be old nicknames:

Thanks to;
Ling, Mordeth, fraggle, Nightmare, fredrik, Shaviro/Maonth, Katarhyne, deadnail (He still awol?), Lüt, Tobester, Elbryan42(Right number?), Zeratul892(Damn numbered nicks -- this right?), KDoom, Rex, Csabo, deep (Yes, I'm thanking you - I enjoyed the "heated debates", and keep up the good work), Tarin/Boris, Deathwarrior, Doomflynn/Anarkavre, Hellbent, Zaldron, Bigdog, ZarcyB and last but not least, some guy called John Romero who rated a level of mine 2nd place in DC's E1 contest.

Thank you all, especially those of you that had to put up with me when I was (WAS? Heh heh) an idiotic newbie without a clue.

I'm expecting this post to get sent to hell, but still, thank you all - it's been fun, but the stress of mapping is one I have *got to* do without.

Ciao,
Jay

Do what you gotta do and good luck with your future endeavors. I also have to say thanks for creating Murderous Intent, I really enjoyed playing it. :)

I second that. Murderous Intent was a work of genius. Hope things go well for you.

Well, you have only posted twice since I came here. I dont realy know you.Good luck any way. Hope what ever you deside ot do brings you as much happynes as dw did.

NO!

DONT LEAVE

I LOVE YOU!

wait, wrong person.

COME BACK!

WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN!

IM TELLING YOUR MOTHER

(insert other stuff that usually makes people stop what they're doing and revolt against their evil ways :)

It's always sad to see a long time member of these here forums leave, and I feel no different about Jayextee leaving. Cheerio, Jay, and I hope you'll come back sometime in the future ;)

I will miss you around here Jayextee! I hope what little help I provided really helped! Good luck!

Sad to see you leave :(
bye, I hope we will see you later tho...

Jayextee said:

...What this means for you guys, is that if you were eagerly awaiting Murderous Intent 2, then you will not see it. I may come back to it, but I'm unsure - life's too short, and I have to ejoy new things...

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I was eagerly awaiting it... :´(

Hey Jay, hope you still remember me from the old times. Well, I'm pretty speechless that you are leaving the community. Have fun with real life and drop in once in awhile when you have time :)

And thanks for everything you taught me about editing!

I will miss you.

Just one (probably silly) question: is MI2 in a sufficiently advanced state that it could be handed over to someone else to complete the work? No, I don't have anyone in mind...

Aww crap, I hope that your stress relief is short-lived. If you don't come back, well... it was nice talking to you when #doomino was still alive.

deathz0r said:

Aww crap, I hope that your stress relief is short-lived. If you don't come back, well... it was nice talking to you when #doomino was still alive.

still alive? :P
Why don't you just ressurect it?

Jayextee said:

Basically, I'm very ill with stress, and need to chill the hell out, or get worse ..... life's too short, and I have to ejoy new things.

That's a very mature outlook. My best wishes to you for a speedy recovery, and here's hoping you get to partake in the joys of DooM editing again some day soon.

Shaviro said:

still alive? :P
Why don't you just ressurect it?

Why don't we ressurect #unidoom? OH WAIT WE ALREADY DID

De-stress and come back and see us sometime. This is meant to be a hobby, Doom whouldn't be about worry.

Hope you sort things out and feel better in yourself.