Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomGuy999

[25 Slots Left] Doom II Extended: Community Project

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, DoomGuy999 said:

@TuxWare the rules are all set for map08 and map 10, good luck.

i would like to reopen map 10 and go for map 07

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/25/2024 at 12:43 PM, TuxWare said:

i would like to reopen map 10 and go for map 07

Now signed for 08 and 07.

 

On 1/25/2024 at 3:20 PM, Clippy said:

Do better

Also, what do you mean, do better?

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/20/2024 at 3:24 PM, Grungo said:

Hmmm, me take Underhalls

How is your level so far?

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, DoomGuy999 said:

How is your level so far?

havn't started it yet, tbh I grungo give up slot, me sick and not feel good

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Grungo said:

havn't started it yet, tbh I grungo give up slot, me sick and not feel good

Everybody gets sick sometimes bud that's part of life it's no reason to quit a community project I'm sure you'll get better and the Project Lead will give you a chance to do all that stuff he wants you to do

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Clippy said:

Everybody gets sick sometimes bud that's part of life it's no reason to quit a community project I'm sure you'll get better and the Project Lead will give you a chance to do all that stuff he wants you to do

Nah man, I'm just not feeling up to it, I am busy with lot of stuff in life other than the sickness

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Grungo said:

havn't started it yet, tbh I grungo give up slot, me sick and not feel good

Feel better and when you wish to map again then there are always plenty of projects that are looking for mappers.

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Grungo said:

Nah man, I'm just not feeling up to it, I am busy with lot of stuff in life other than the sickness

Are you sure you want to resign? You have till june, and unless you have a very bad sickness you should be better.

All I need is "Yes, I want to resign" and I'll reopen your slot.

 

Hope you feel better, grungo.

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Rafael Farofa said:

hey buddy! can I join? I wanted to join the project, making maps 09, 10, and 29

Well, I'm glad your excited! Just remember to read the rules carefully, you can only take 1 or 2 slots. But, if the deadline hits, who ever posts their map takes the final slot! That would be the chance you could take the third slot you want. I'm just a little bit concerned whether you read the rules, I don't want to reopen your slot if you don't follow the plans for the map slots.

 

All I need is to double check the special design section for your maps and then pick the 2 that you want.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, DoomGuy999 said:

Are you sure you want to resign? You have till june, and unless you have a very bad sickness you should be better.

All I need is "Yes, I want to resign" and I'll reopen your slot.

 

Hope you feel better, grungo.

yes Me whnt resign

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Grungo said:

yes Me whnt resign

Alright, updated.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, DoomGuy999 said:

Well, I'm glad your excited! Just remember to read the rules carefully, you can only take 1 or 2 slots. But, if the deadline hits, who ever posts their map takes the final slot! That would be the chance you could take the third slot you want. I'm just a little bit concerned whether you read the rules, I don't want to reopen your slot if you don't follow the plans for the map slots.

 

All I need is to double check the special design section for your maps and then pick the 2 that you want.

I read everything, saw the themes and I can do it, so I'll stick with map 10 and 13.

Share this post


Link to post

I'll take Map23, it was extended slightly, with both vanilla dos exe compatible and one that comes with crazy 3D features that work only with GZDoom/LZDoom hardware renderers. It's from my project "Doom Intensified" but since I made just one map and still have to concentrate on my main project which is Hell Renaissance, let it be droped here. What do you think?

 

Screeshots: https://imgur.com/a/saPf9hK

D2_M23_intensified_D2_and_GZDoom.zip

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, Rafael Farofa said:

I read everything, saw the themes and I can do it, so I'll stick with map 10 and 13.

Alright, just double checking not to give you a hard time, but did you type a wrong number? 13 wasn't your original choice.

 

When you said stick with, it usually means don't change. I don't want to sign you up for a map that you don't want. Also, maps are wads. There is nothing to deliver or convert.

Edited by DoomGuy999

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/29/2024 at 2:20 PM, Pistoolkip said:

Please tell me this is a satire post.

 

This can't be a real CP. 

why? 

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/29/2024 at 3:28 PM, DoomGuy999 said:

Alright, just double checking not to give you a hard time, but did you type a wrong number? 13 wasn't your original choice.

 

When you said stick with, it usually means don't change. I don't want to sign you up for a map that you don't want. Also, maps are wads. There is nothing to deliver or convert.

Oh yes, I understand, I changed to map 13 because I think it would be interesting to improve it.

Share this post


Link to post

i would like to reopen both maps, i dont like working with deadlines so i will leave up to other map makers to make something interesting

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/30/2024 at 4:51 PM, DoomGuy999 said:

why? 

Calling it satire might be a bit too much because it's obvious you're serious about the idea, but let me try to explain.

You have a laundry list of additions to every single map, some of which are incredibly specific and detailed in what they should be, under your "SPECIAL DESIGN" heading. You also have this bit in the rules:

On 9/21/2023 at 4:40 PM, DoomGuy999 said:

- You must keep the whole original doom map intact with no changes to the original level. 

Generally, people find community projects interesting enough to join because they're given a (relatively) open-ended set of resources and told to go hog wild, or a tight set of restrictions (1024 play space, 1hr speedmap, specific monster combinations, whatever else) to work within and get out of their comfort zone. This project, thanks to the massive list of specific additions and the fact that the original map must be left entirely intact, is effectively a "make my Doom 2 expanded ideas for me!" post instead of a community project. Aside from that, requiring UDMF while also not allowing use of any UDMF features (except for scripting, arbitrarily), is a rule that likely alienates both UDMF veterans and people who prefer to map in vanilla or Boom/MBF21 formats. People like to expand and re-imagine the IWAD maps, it's been done many times before. They do not like to straight up copy the original map and graft someone else's vision onto it for them.

 

I think you would get a lot more participants if you looked at some other re-imagining/expansion projects and rethought this one. Best of luck.

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/6/2024 at 6:28 PM, Maribo said:

Calling it satire might be a bit too much because it's obvious you're serious about the idea, but let me try to explain.

You have a laundry list of additions to every single map, some of which are incredibly specific and detailed in what they should be, under your "SPECIAL DESIGN" heading. You also have this bit in the rules:

Generally, people find community projects interesting enough to join because they're given a (relatively) open-ended set of resources and told to go hog wild, or a tight set of restrictions (1024 play space, 1hr speedmap, specific monster combinations, whatever else) to work within and get out of their comfort zone. This project, thanks to the massive list of specific additions and the fact that the original map must be left entirely intact, is effectively a "make my Doom 2 expanded ideas for me!" post instead of a community project. Aside from that, requiring UDMF while also not allowing use of any UDMF features (except for scripting, arbitrarily), is a rule that likely alienates both UDMF veterans and people who prefer to map in vanilla or Boom/MBF21 formats. People like to expand and re-imagine the IWAD maps, it's been done many times before. They do not like to straight up copy the original map and graft someone else's vision onto it for them.

 

I think you would get a lot more participants if you looked at some other re-imagining/expansion projects and rethought this one. Best of luck.

I'm sorry for not getting back to you earlier, but I appreciate your advice and I will consider making changes.

Share this post


Link to post

Dude I just found this community project soon after finishing my reimagined version of entryway :(

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

yo yo yo i would like to apply for the focus cuz i love the song!!! this still available???

edit: ill take waste tunnels too

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

As a guy that actually loves Wolf 3d Taking map 31 looks interesting and that would be a huge level to combine all of Wolfensteins episode one into a level it probably would take me a while but I love the wolf 3d maps so that seems interesting! Especially since every nap I make for myself or friends always has a wolf secret only problem is other stuff keeps me kinda busy and I know you are supposed to select two maps for this but the level would be huge! Only question is if I can connect the Wolfenstein levels out of order or if I can even make it cause maybe someone else asked and It would take me a while but you still have open slots if not that’s fine thanks!

Edited by TF_Doomer

Share this post


Link to post

I would suggest to change the rules such that all the maps are to be reinterpreted and not copied directly from the doom 2 iwad... and then I would suggest that all the special stuff gets reworked to a list of stuff that can be put in to a map and then let each mapper select one or two per map or something like that

 

its not allowed to redistribute doom 2 maps in the way this community project suggests in the original post...

if you absolutely MUST copy geometry directly from an iwad then I suggest taking a look at the freedoom iwads instead

Share this post


Link to post

We do respect the original work rights especially considering the fact the game is still on sale.

 

The question is would it really hurt their business as the game is getting 30+ years old and has its level designs ripped in almost any format imaginable, if Lord forbid, a piece of map geometry shows up somewhere? I honestly think it only makes them good as a nice tribute given to their old game that drowned in tons of others.

Share this post


Link to post

This thread reminds me of Memorial for Doom II by eternal which was all the maps combined into one gigantic level. They interconnected so there's new content.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×