Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Johnny Cruelty

[COMMUNITY PROJECT] (MUSICIANS NEEDED) Amalgoom, Combining Doom 1 and 2

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, SpaceCat_2001 said:

I actually forgot why did i add these crushers. I presume i wanted to make so the player wont cheese with the door, yeah this idea was dogshit. I will change the mastermind room with advice you gave and remove crushers. Thanks for the feedback!

 

If it's worth anything, I actually liked the crushers. It's kind of mean, but it really didn't leave me an option to cheese it. I think you shouldn't remove it. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, jo2ukegappy said:

 

I recorded a video playing the first version of the map. Might have some other things worth looking. I comment a lot during all of it so you can see what I thought. Really great map, friend. 

 

Here is the link:

 

 

Well that was a wild ride. Monsters that instantly pop out are not teleporting its a trick with instantly rising platforms and sides not being textured, so the engine renders a fake floor. Other things are oversights. I will fix them. But that was really nice to have a feedback and i will add and change things accordingly. Thanks a lot!

Edited by SpaceCat_2001

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Cutman said:

Do we get a choice of which sky is used out of the two maps?

oh my friend is trying to make me custom skyboxs combing doom 1 and 2 skyboxes

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Johnny Cruelty said:

dang two maps done! I gotta play e,m

Just dont add them into the megawad right away, we need to playtest them extensively to find bugs and stuff

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, DankMetal said:

Okay, first version of my map, Hometown. It doesn't look like a town nor a home, honestly, i would change his name to "Refinery District" or something like that. I cannot believe i made a fairly big map in very little time, i was expecting to take longer.

I've showed some screenshots before, and it hasn't changed that much.

Hope you like it.

SANDY.zip

I can't figure out where to go, some doors don't open and I can't find the red key

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, DankMetal said:

OK, last post fraturing screenshots. My map is almost finished, i just have to implement difficulty settings and that's all

Screenshots:

  Reveal hidden contents

1515732495_Capturadepantalla(48).png.310db5f91d80e7b58b4731c5c27e894a.png

doom00.png.c7b2e90894e28485d86afee75d1df0b3.png

doom01.png.ba824cc8b1ef0327d597fd42b9ae8494.png

This barely visible water thing was inspired by the beta version of downtown, it had a similar area. Idk why Sandy removed it, it looked really cool

doom02.png.9edf693b9bfb92cc9b862350a9ea8642.pngdoom03.png.4f80f5aeb7fdb6a72a7dc06949533e04.pngdoom04.png.b82b443e19eee8c1ecc7b7e75302c7a7.png

 

doom05.png

 

I also recorded one for your map. Really interesting layout. Also improved my mic and audio settings. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, SpaceCat_2001 said:

Well that was a wild ride. Monsters that instantly pop out are not teleporting its a trick with instantly rising platforms and sides not being textured, so the engine renders a fake floor. Other things are oversights. I will fix them. But that was really nice to have a feedback and i will add and change things accordingly. Thanks a lot!

 

The second time was really spooky. Hope it helps you, cheers1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Johnny Cruelty said:

I can't figure out where to go, some doors don't open and I can't find the red key

Ok that is weird, which port are you using?

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Johnny Cruelty said:

zandronum

Oh my goodness, that port, always gives me problems with my maps for some reason, especially when they are made in boom format. You should play them with Boom based ports like PrBoom +, DSDA doom or Woof.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, DankMetal said:

Oh my goodness, that port, always gives me problems with my maps for some reason, especially when they are made in boom format. You should play them with Boom based ports like PrBoom +, DSDA doom or Woof.

does gzdoom work ok too?

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Johnny Cruelty said:

does gzdoom work ok too?

Yes! I used it for one of my previous projects, so i think it's alright

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, jo2ukegappy said:

 

I also recorded one for your map. Really interesting layout. Also improved my mic and audio settings. 
 

 

Thanks for playing my map man! Looks like i forgot some things like the damaging floor and more ammo. Bedore i go, i have a question. Would you play it again if i update it?

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, DankMetal said:

Thanks for playing my map man! Looks like i forgot some things like the damaging floor and more ammo. Bedore i go, i have a question. Would you play it again if i update it?

 

Of course I could do that. I don 't promise I'd be able to find all the secrets, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, DankMetal said:

Thanks for playing my map man! Looks like i forgot some things like the damaging floor and more ammo. Bedore i go, i have a question. Would you play it again if i update it?

 

Also, if I may intrude a bit on your mapping, I think you should mark progression a bit more. I spent many minutes just roaming around, and it was not a lot of fun. I may fare better now that I know more about it then on a blind run, but it would probabyl benefit you if you marked things with some sort of progression marker. Maybe pillars, doors, keys. I don't know. Just my 2 cents, others may think differently. 

Share this post


Link to post

Would it be cool if I also nabbed MAP29? I've found some extra time in my schedule and I can absolutely fit in one more from this pack.

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, SpaceCat_2001 said:

@Johnny Cruelty i would like to take Map10 Waste Recyclment and Map28 Fox Hole(why noone took spirit world lol)

How are you gonna recreate Warren's gimmick? Cuz you know it's basically e3m1 until the very end. Sorry if my question is a bit intruding, i'm just curious 

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, HEXWALKER said:

Would it be cool if I also nabbed MAP29? I've found some extra time in my schedule and I can absolutely fit in one more from this pack.

yeah

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, DankMetal said:

How are you gonna recreate Warren's gimmick? Cuz you know it's basically e3m1 until the very end. Sorry if my question is a bit intruding, i'm just curious 

Maybe it'd be just regular spirit world but with the e3m9 gimmick at the end

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, DankMetal said:

How are you gonna recreate Warren's gimmick? Cuz you know it's basically e3m1 until the very end. Sorry if my question is a bit intruding, i'm just curious 

Will figure out along the way

Share this post


Link to post

Has anyone claimed E3M4+MAP23? If not then I'll take it.

EDIT: I checked the OP again, looks like the project is full.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, LoneAlpha2401 said:

Has anyone claimed E3M4+MAP23? If not then I'll take it.

that's saddly taken but we have a few slots left

 

we got

 

Map31 Gross Den (Doom 2 Map32 merged with Plutonia's Map31) SLOT OPEN!

 

Map17 Apartments (e2m7 and map17) |||| SLOT OPEN ||||

 

Map19 Stronghold of Dreams (e2m9 and Map19) |||| SLOT OPEN ||||

 

Map22 Annals of Torment (e3m2 and map22) |||| SLOT OPEN |||| 

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×