Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Insomniak

Happy Anniversery, I guess...

it's been exactly 1 year since I joined Doomworld.

Well, thats a bit of a lie. See, older members will remember Sleepy_boy (registered Dec '01, way before the Doom3 n00bs), who made a contraversal post (which he still regrets doing to this very day), and wound up with -999 threads (which is -333 more that Pritch's reduction, which he used to boast about after he worked it off). Anyways, after many months of logging and blogging, he worked it off, and after making post number "1", he was mysteriously denied access to DW. After have his password changed an infinate number of times by Linguica, the problem turned out to be the fault of his sister's iMac, and he re-registered as Insomniac.

(POV change)

After about a month, I tried to use IRC, and get into #zdoom on Openprojects, which was becoming very popular after events occuring in #doom involving Arioch. I was welcomed with open arms, and made many friends. I soon became involved in the deathmatch community on #zdaemon, only to have my router fuck it up, and have me forget how to fix it. (it's the old Linksys problem, MSG if you know how to fix it.) I also tried my hand at mapping, only to find that my skills fail it.

One thing I remember quite clearly about the last year was Lüt's "death". Many people automaticly jumped to the conclusion that Steve was dead, and wrote beautiful posts, and mourned his "death". I was skeptical, and many people called me an insensitive bastard for this, hence my title.

I beleive Esco said it best when he said
"Sleepy boy onwz all our asses yo"

This community has also taught me many things other than Doom-related skills. I have learned to imbrase industrial music, had furious debates on IRC over who should have ops, why so-and-so album sucks, and why Aldous Huxley is a awesome writer, and that you should never take magic mushrooms (or any type of drug) and chat online.

I've seen newbies come and go, make 1 post then vanish. I've seen elder members get banned, re-register, get banned, then leave over moderator abuse. I've seen post hell change from green to orange-yellow, and seen this forum go from "polls", to "Religion & Politics", to "Rants & Raves", to "Politics & Religion", to "Everything Else". And it's still the forum I troll around the most.

I look forward to another year of doing what I always do. Doom3 promises to change the way things are done around here, from new members, to new edititng techniques, to new source ports for the original Dooms.

Thank you for your time.

Well, heh, it was certainly a year of change for you. You went from INCOMPREHENSIBLY DUMB to being an Insensitive Bastard ;)

In all seriousness, Insomniak, regardless of how you may think of me, that I do not really know, I will always consider you one of my buddies.

ok, thanks :)

BTW: My Birthday is on March 28th. I won't be in town for it, so PM me to say happy birthday, don't thread it.

Pfeh.

I was the one who asked around to get you unbanned. ME. Remember those PMs? I do, well, heh.

Well, as you're a regular 1337 idler in #dw I let it go.. :P

Happy Anniversay Insomniac! :) I really don't know what to make of you, but you seem like an alright guy, therefore that's what I said Happy Anniversay instead of Sad Anniversary :P

DooMBoy said:

Happy Anniversay Insomniac! :) I really don't know what to make of you, but you seem like an alright guy, therefore that's what I said Happy Anniversay instead of Sad Anniversary :P

Best...post....EVAR

BBG said:

Best...post....EVAR

O....K. BBG, are you high?