Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomGuy999

What is doom guy's real name?

Doomguy Real Name  

65 members have voted

  1. 1. Which do you think

    • My Own Name
    • BJ Blazkowicz III
    • Flynn Taggart
    • John Kane
    • Doomguy Doesn't Have A Name


Recommended Posts

So I recently created poll which had too many answers so I broke it down to this. Sorry if this is a duplicate, I kind of combined 2 questions and it came out weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Monocled said:

I just call him the Doom Slayer

Then option 5 is the one to go. 

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, DoomGuy999 said:

Then option 5 is the one to go. 

Well i am sure that he does have a name, I am just not a huge fan of doom lore so i don't know what it is, i just like the engine and what people have done with it. So i'm not sure why i commented

But if all of those listed names are canonical from different things and inconsistent across them then i would say he doesn't have one.

Share this post


Link to post

Game Doomguy doesn't have a "Canonical" name, but if i were to chose one of the names given to him by different people and authors, probably Flynn Taggart. It's a unique name that doesn't sound generic like the others like "John Kane". (Besides John Kane was the name given to the Doom 3 Marine, not the original Doomguy.)

Share this post


Link to post

// And so the Marine, unknown to even himself, rode in on a white horse, and it's name was death... what happened next, remains for historians, priests and,  janitors with mops, to clear the wreckage of his conquest... that path of violence and absolution... for he is, was, and always will be but one thing... a Marine... Sempre Fi, Mother Fuckers...

Share this post


Link to post

Deez is his lore accurate canonical multiverse wiki's first name. You wouldn’t dare wish to find out the last name would you? 

Share this post


Link to post

As I said last time, there's no room for debate here if you want to be "lore accurate". The original id story, such as it is, is crystal clear. It's self-insert character. He is you.

 

Flynn Taggart was the book name, so it's irrelevant to the games. BJ came from the RPGs which seem to have been ignored as far as cannon goes so not really accurate. John Kane is... the Doom 3 book character I believe? So again, not relevant, especially since Doom 3 is clearly a reboot in it's own distinct universe and it's a book character, not a game character.

 

But obviously, people are free to call him what they please.

 

1 hour ago, Monocled said:

I just call him the Doom Slayer


I can see the newspaper announcement now.

"Bill and Joan Slayer are pleased to announce the arrival of their beautiful baby boy, Doom." 

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, CAM-7EA said:

Deez is his lore accurate canonical multiverse wiki's first name. You wouldn’t dare wish to find out the last name would you? 

I think I know... I'm willing to test my knowledge to see if I am right.

In fact, I will make a wad based on that.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

As I said last time, there's no room for debate here if you want to be "lore accurate". The original id story, such as it is, is crystal clear. It's self-insert character. He is you.

 

Flynn Taggart was the book name, so it's irrelevant to the games. BJ came from the RPGs which seem to have been ignored as far as cannon goes so not really accurate. John Kane is... the Doom 3 book character I believe? So again, not relevant, especially since Doom 3 is clearly a reboot in it's own distinct universe and it's a book character, not a game character.

 

But obviously, people are free to call him what they please.

 


I can see the newspaper announcement now.

"Bill and Joan Slayer are pleased to announce the arrival of their beautiful baby boy, Doom." 

What a name. Could you imagine his childhood, all his friends calling him doom, and his eye doctor saying, let me help you to see, young Mr. Slayer. 

Doomguy will always have great eyesight.

 

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, DoomGuy999 said:

What a name. Could you imagine his childhood, all his friends calling him doom, and his eye doctor saying, let me help you to see, young Mr. Slayer. 

Doomguy will always have great eyesight.


He was an early developer. He had a fully realised death stare at just six months old.

Share this post


Link to post

It's not that I think he doesn't have a name, it's just that this discussion has already been done so much to the point it's tiresome and isn't really important.

Share this post


Link to post
56 minutes ago, Shakariki Heisenberg said:

john romero obv doomguy is literally john romero (except in doom3 cus thats not doomguy)
 

I seem to recall reading that Romero also posed for the artist to sketch out the marine on the box artwork, because the artist was struggling to work out how the character should be standing

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Biodegradable said:

His name is not important. What matters is what he's going to do to those demons.

is that a "Hatred" reference?

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×