Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
frwl

ThingHate... how?

I have seen in a few wads lately that people make monsters fight against eachother "naturaly", ie, without being hit by another monster and without caring where doomguy is. I was wondering how this is done. I looked into that DWforums.wad (or whatever it was) and saw that the fighting was clearly scripted, but I didn't see how the fighters were given number tags. DeePsea has options under the things menu called ThingHate in which it asigns a tid to the thing you bring up and then it asks for the tid of the thing you want it to hate. well, I have tried for hours on end, but I find that that isn't working for me.

so, how do you guys pull this off?
EDIT:n/m, I got it. Fun to play with really. yes, especialy when you make a lone zombie man attack 5 cybers who then face 20 spiderdemons.

Well, we are using "thing-hate" in Dadealus: Alien Defense and it workds pretty good....:)

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Yeah, I'd have to say it's one of the cooler things added lately :) Helmsdeep.wad is a great example, even if it brutalizes the framerate!

Heheh, ThingHate owns. It's really cool to make a team of Shotgunners face off against a squadron of imps, or something of that sort. Highly entertaining.