Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Johnny Cruelty

AMALGOOM (OST) needs Composers

If no one's taken it yet, can I take E3M9/MAP29 please? I wanna try giving it a shot.

6 minutes ago, DankMetal said:

Pretry good midi, fitting for a penultimate level, and for being made in such short time, it sounds gorgeous.

@SpaceCat_2001 hear this midi for map 29, what do you think?

Admittedly, I started working on it before asking in here since I didn't want to claim something without at least some idea in mind, but I did start on it this morning.

58 minutes ago, UUN4 said:

Admittedly, I started working on it before asking in here since I didn't want to claim something without at least some idea in mind, but I did start on it this morning.

Grade AAA fire! you're in! now please put the music in the amalgoom google drive, it's in the main malgoom thread pinned

2 minutes ago, Johnny Cruelty said:

Grade AAA fire! you're in! now please put the music in the amalgoom google drive, it's in the main malgoom thread pinned

It should now be in the Songs folder.

Just now, Johnny Cruelty said:

hey you think you could make some more tracks?

I'll see if I get any other ideas for other songs so I might make more.

4 hours ago, DankMetal said:

Pretry good midi, fitting for a penultimate level, and for being made in such short time, it sounds gorgeous.

@SpaceCat_2001 hear this midi for map 29, what do you think?

Its a very cool midi, but im making map28 not map29. Or have i misunderstood you?

20 minutes ago, SpaceCat_2001 said:

Its a very cool midi, but im making map28 not map29. Or have i misunderstood you?

Shit, sorry for that

Just posting again to say I will go for the E3M4/MAP24 song. Thinking I might just be able to get something to work with this.

Won't be able to work on it quite yet due to unexpected IRL stuff but just wanted to say it'll be eventually a thing!

5 minutes ago, PsychEyeball said:

Just posting again to say I will go for the E3M4/MAP24 song. Thinking I might just be able to get something to work with this.

Won't be able to work on it quite yet due to unexpected IRL stuff but just wanted to say it'll be eventually a thing!

yeah sure, you're in

By the time I have the time to get to it, I hope they (Cakewalk) will have either sorted it out or called it unsortable. Either way, I'll know what to do then. Until then, my digital nose is buried in Dorico Pro for the time being. ;)

5 hours ago, leejacksonaudio said:

By the time I have the time to get to it, I hope they (Cakewalk) will have either sorted it out or called it unsortable. Either way, I'll know what to do then. Until then, my digital nose is buried in Dorico Pro for the time being. ;)

If you need the midi support just for the playback, i found this: https://falcosoft.hu/softwares.html#bassmidi_vsti

You load a soundfont and remove the reverb, and works like a VirtualMIDISynth VST.

Then you can export the project as Standard MIDI File. 

6 hours ago, leejacksonaudio said:

Do you have a hardware synth handy that could be used as an output? I also use Cakewalk and right now, I'm composing with it using a SC-8820.

Still baffled that they somehow killed off support for VirtualMIDIsynth and the default GM synth. 

2 hours ago, URROVA said:

If you need the midi support just for the playback, i found this: https://falcosoft.hu/softwares.html#bassmidi_vsti

You load a soundfont and remove the reverb, and works like a VirtualMIDISynth VST.

Then you can export the project as Standard MIDI File. 

I'll look into this. Thanks!

2 hours ago, PsychEyeball said:

Do you have a hardware synth handy that could be used as an output? I also use Cakewalk and right now, I'm composing with it using a SC-8820.

I have one, but you have to understand my space limitations. I'm working with a laptop on a rolling hospital bed table. Not a lot of room. Sigh.

2 hours ago, PsychEyeball said:

Still baffled that they somehow killed off support for VirtualMIDIsynth and the default GM synth. 

I hope users give them hell twice over about this.

40 minutes ago, leejacksonaudio said:

I'll look into this. Thanks!

I have one, but you have to understand my space limitations. I'm working with a laptop on a rolling hospital bed table. Not a lot of room. Sigh.

I hope users give them hell twice over about this.

Mr Jackson, what is your opinion of Amalgoom based on the levels we created?

11 minutes ago, Johnny Cruelty said:

Mr Jackson, what is your opinion of Amalgoom based on the levels we created?

I'll be honest, I've been really sick lately and haven't been able to look. My pain management doctor's assistant switched me from Dilaudid to Morphine Sulphate when I asked for a stronger dose of my pain medicine (she couldn't prescribe a higher dose, just a different medication). I suffered WILD side effects from the Morphine, and simultaneously came down with an upper respiratory infection. I got urgent care to treat the URI, and got an emergency appointment with my pain management doctor (not his assistant). He took me off the Morphine immediately and put me back on Dilaudid, but a higher dose. I'm finally recovering from the mess that I went through.

Even with my health, I'm not a game player. I'd need some help in getting it set up to play in god mode (seriously - I'm that lousy of a player). Would anyone be willing to lend a digital hand?

5 minutes ago, leejacksonaudio said:

I'll be honest, I've been really sick lately and haven't been able to look. My pain management doctor's assistant switched me from Dilaudid to Morphine Sulphate when I asked for a stronger dose of my pain medicine (she couldn't prescribe a higher dose, just a different medication). I suffered WILD side effects from the Morphine, and simultaneously came down with an upper respiratory infection. I got urgent care to treat the URI, and got an emergency appointment with my pain management doctor (not his assistant). He took me off the Morphine immediately and put me back on Dilaudid, but a higher dose. I'm finally recovering from the mess that I went through.

Even with my health, I'm not a game player. I'd need some help in getting it set up to play in god mode (seriously - I'm that lousy of a player). Would anyone be willing to lend a digital hand?

I could try to help with setting it up (depending on what operating system you use) - most source ports aren't too hard to download and run things with as well. Enabling god mode is just achieved by typing IDDQD in game as well.