Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Go Little Record Go

DOOM 2 for GBA

I personally was highly disappointed with Doom II for GBA, as I could NOT get the hang of the movement. Doom for GBA was EXTREMELY smooth when it came to movement control, but Doom II GBA lacks everything that the old one had... :( That's just my opinion though...

Doom I for GBA was altered. A LOT. I was disappointed with this. Doom too is almost exactly the same as teh PC one. It does move slower though, Ill grant you that, and its very sad that you cant warp levels.

In other words, to the person who asked

If you dont care about altered levels, Doom I is better for GBA
If you want an actual copy of the game for GBA, Doom II is ebtter, but it moves a little slower, but it has everything in it--invisible guys, cyberdemon, etc.

I haven't get either of them cause I haven't seen them at the store ever down here.

Go Little Record Go said:

Doom I for GBA was altered. A LOT. I was disappointed with this. Doom too is almost exactly the same as teh PC one. It does move slower though, Ill grant you that, and its very sad that you cant warp levels.

In other words, to the person who asked

If you dont care about altered levels, Doom I is better for GBA
If you want an actual copy of the game for GBA, Doom II is ebtter, but it moves a little slower, but it has everything in it--invisible guys, cyberdemon, etc.

Cool, I'm getting it.

i just got Doom II for the gba not too long ago and have had Doom for the gba for a long time now and tho Doom 1 levels are my fave and not soo hard with a d-pad and L and R buttons it still plays in slow-mo sometimes and the cocos are super fast! and i miss some levels from the PC :(

but Doom II plays faster and is a lil higher rez then Doom 1 but not (tho almost) as fast as the Pc, it has all the levels, but their Doom II levels so that can be good or bad ;)

i've yet to beat it tho, around level 23 or so.. but it plays just great.

but there are a few things that bug me, the auto aim is a bit short as are the daemons eye sight... gotta be close for them to 'wake up' and the arch-vile's flame is late, you dont see the flames around you till a half sec before your in the air and then you have flames around you for another sec and a half even after the AV is dead... but cocos are slower like in the PC and there's so much wrong with the Doom gba... but its DOOM and im glad i got BOTH and will enjoy them for a long time to come!

Unless you like the look of a dead demon the was hit with a green cake launcher. God it feels like my birthday again!