Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sokko

DoomServ not working

Greetings, everyone. The popular multiplayer program "DoomServ" does not seem to be working correctly for me. I got the patch-thingy, but a list of servers does not appear in the box when I start it up. When I try to login, it says I must choose a server. When I try to create a new user (which is what I must do to login) it still says that, but it also admits me to the registration. If I then fill it out and click Submit, the program quits with a strange error message. The link to the DoomServ webpage results in a Page Not Found, and all FAQs on the program assume you've actually gotten past the profile creation point. Also, all through the time the program is running, my firewall detects not even a single attempt to access the internet. (which I think it should be doing to get a server list) All I did was I got the 5.0 file, unzipped it into a temp folder and ran Setup, copied the OCX file, and then copied the patched "5.01" EXE over the old one. Where did I go wrong, and why does the handy-dandy website not exist?

Sorry to tell you this, But doomserv is pretty much dead. Greensting was running a DS server off and on about a year ago... but I'm pretty sure there arent any servers up now. It's a shame too. DS is where i got to cut my teeth on DM. I will never forget my first day's on DS back in the fall of '99. My first game on DS i scored 1 frag.. which I got by shooting the guy while we agreed to stop for a minute :) . So many fond memories, But anyways... You should look into trying the "doom connector" (although i dont think the new version has zdoom support yet), zdaemon, or if you want to play with the original exe and are running win9x/me use MSN's gaming zone.. Good luck.

Indeed, it would appear to have zDoom support. Working fine! (though not many people there, even around 8pm)

If theres any other doom multiplayer service that has more, show me :P What timezone are you in? Im sure there is at least 20 people around during the evenings (CST) and many more during the weekend evenings.
(I should make a statistics page on the website some day...)