Find results in...
Carnevil

Skulltag Grudge Match!

Which map do you like better?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which map do you like better?

• Skulltag D2DM1
    • Dwango5 MAP01

Didn't gamespy.com use to do these? Didn't they have one with Gordon Freeman and the Doomcrate? Did I just open with two, now THREE questions?

Anyway, the current grudge match of the moment (since I have no idea how often I'll do these, if they even are at a regular time interval), which do you personally like better: dwango5 map1, or ST's d2dm1? Does anyone even care? IS THAT ANOTHER QUESTION?

Vote. Discuss. Fart (no don't do that).

Post screenies of all the skulltag dm maps, i can't hardly remember which ones they are.

999cop said:

Post screenies of all the skulltag dm maps, i can't hardly remember which ones they are.

Yes master.

d5m1 is better than st's d2dm1 in this case obviously, but it fails to be ultimate for 1vs1, however it suits in ffa

999cop said:

d5m1 is better than st's d2dm1 in this case obviously, -but- it fails to be ultimate for 1vs1, however it suits in ffa

You mean because?

Dwango5 map01 wins a played-it-so-much-on-zdaemon-that-it-sucks award, where as D2DM1 is kewl.

999cop said:

but it fails to be ultimate for 1vs1, however it suits in ffa

that refers to d5m1

d2dm1 is just ok for anything, but it isn't a very good map imo, there's just not much special about the map.

999cop said:

that refers to d5m1

d2dm1 is just ok for anything, but it isn't a very good map imo, there's just not much special about the map.

And what's so special about d5m1?

Carnevil said:

That's just an analysis of the map. Nothing I see there makes it a "special" map.

Heh, that's what I said to myself too...

Some people have no taste these days.... :(

BlueSonnet said:

Hmm, D2DM1 does have the grenade launcher....

Let me NOT forget to add, it has the Railgun too.

AND it has the DoomSphere...

Carnevil said:

That's just an analysis of the map. Nothing I see there makes it a "special" map.

Anyway, you're entitled to your opinion.

That analysis of mine includes the good points about the level in my own personal perspective, well what's so great about std2dm1? except it's got a new grenade launcher and a new power-up item...

999cop said:

That analysis of mine includes the good points about the level in my own personal perspective, well what's so great about std2dm1? except it's got a new grenade launcher and a new power-up item...

What's so great about D2DM1?

- Very aesthetically pleasing.
- A field that is the perfect size for shotgun fights.
- It is also the perfect size for dodging plasma spam.
(NOTE: These two points are key: they promote that the most SKILLED player will win; not the one that can get to the BFG first. Someone who spams with plasma will not win, whereas someone who knows how to use it correctly will.)
- Has a very good risk/reward ratio. The better stuff is in the level, the riskier it is to get (ex. the doomsphere).
- Has a layout that promotes mind games (ex. if someone is out in the field and you're inside, you can trick the guy on the outside to make him think you're coming out at a different location, so that you can get into the field more safely).
- Introduces some of the new elements of Skulltag (new weapons, powerups, etc. In general this is crucial for a first level. Of course, you don't want to give away the farm :) ).
- It's also balanced, meaning there's many ways to win on the level. Plus, they all involve skill. Runaway grenades beat SSG attacks which beats doomsphere + chaingun which beats runaway grenades.
- IT HAS NOT BEEN PLAYED 97239487238 TIMES ON ZDAEMON.

Anyway, feel free to debate.

Carnevil said:

What's so great about D2DM1?

- Very aesthetically pleasing.
- A field that is the perfect size for shotgun fights.
- It is also the perfect size for dodging plasma spam.
(NOTE: These two points are key: they promote that the most SKILLED player will win; not the one that can get to the BFG first. Someone who spams with plasma will not win, whereas someone who knows how to use it correctly will.)
- Has a very good risk/reward ratio. The better stuff is in the level, the riskier it is to get (ex. the doomsphere).
- Has a layout that promotes mind games (ex. if someone is out in the field and you're inside, you can trick the guy on the outside to make him think you're coming out at a different location, so that you can get into the field more safely).
- Introduces some of the new elements of Skulltag (new weapons, powerups, etc. In general this is crucial for a first level. Of course, you don't want to give away the farm :) ).
- It's also balanced, meaning there's many ways to win on the level. Plus, they all involve skill. Runaway grenades beat SSG attacks which beats doomsphere + chaingun which beats runaway grenades.
- IT HAS NOT BEEN PLAYED 97239487238 TIMES ON ZDAEMON.

Anyway, feel free to debate.

Yep, you're going to have alot of programming to do with those bots.....

Not to mention: ''Teaching'' as well ;)

carn is right, but soon if everyone plays d2dm1 then were all going to be smacking carn with a baseball bat telling him to change it