Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Boaz

Problem at patching

Hi. i am stupid noob here. so... i have to ask u question!
I bought the Ulitmate Doom a... 4 year, or 5 ago... anyway,I want to know. I want to play by internet. do i need the new'est patch to play by the internet?
There is program like "Seeking eye" or "Gamespy" to Doom?
I download the patch 1.1-1.9 patch. but he cant find some file.
the error: error ept0015: Old File does not exist
I just installed the game. what I need to do?
and another question: there is mods to the game?
bye.
boaz

For one thing YOU ALREADY HAVE THE NEWEST VERSION! I bet that makes you happy! Ultimate Doom is the newest version of classic doom with its extra episode. I highly recommend using Zdoom with the Zdoom Launcher to play online. The Zdoom Launcher makes it really easy to start an online game. You need people to play with you though so you would have to wait until the people show up! That "should" solve your problem.

Thanks! but there is nothing else i should install?
And there is patchs?
and last question:
When Doom3 will be out in stores?

No there isn't anything else you need to install. All the Zdoom programs do not require installation they just require that you have the full version wad file for Doom in its folder.

About Doom 3 ... I don't have any idea when it will be in stores, but I'm positive it will be out before next year!

When i Said "Last question" I lyed.
Couse I have alot. but this is an important 1:
How do i connect to a game with the Z-Doom?
and do u know some game that r dectited?

If you read the readme file with Zdoom you can discover how to do these things! To join a game in Zdoom you use -join (Person's IP Address) and if you are using other options like -file or -iwad you have to use those too! I'm not sure if there are any programs that have lists of availible games like in newer games such as NOLF because DOOM is quite old so connecting to it with the internet is much more difficult then modern games of today.