Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DarkStorm

New project almost half done.

I have been working on a sequal to a unreleased mod for Edge I did last summer/fall called WoM. The actual meaning is an inside joke. Come to think of it, the whole mod wasn't taken seriously, more of a ddf testing project.
Never the less, WoM2 is being taken seriously. All weapons shall be replaced. Most enemies shall be modified in some way or another, usually more death states (which is a technique I'm taking full advantage of).

so far I only need to decide what i should replace the shotgun with, I already have a shotgun and don't want two different ones in this mod, any idea's? And a meaning to WoM would be nice too, so far Weapons of Murder seems to be the working title.

Questions, comments and suggestions are welcome.

-Ryan Hart

DarkStorm said:

I already have a shotgun and don't want two different ones in this mod, any idea's?

You could have a rifle with the same hitpoints as the shotgun (i.e., 7), but with a much more focused hitscan (is that the right terminology?). In other words, something with the same power, but with practically no spread. The player would need to aim well in order to use the rifle effectively. A variation on the rifle would be a sniper rifle, with a scope feature, but I'm not sure how you would implement this in EDGE.

And a meaning to WoM would be nice too, so far Weapons of Murder seems to be the working title.

Weapons of Mayhem, Worlds of Mystery, War or Mutation (as in "it's either war or we all mutate" -- so sue me, I'm having an off day ;)

Do you have a web page for your project?

sniper type rifle huh? well thats easier done then said, have one in a side project i have, no custom zoom but thats not hard to make. Weapons of Mayhem actually came up while me and BBG were bouncing name ideas off each other one night (fore I have no one intelligent to talk to ;p )

As for the website, hmm, not really, my webmaster hasn't set up the new site for Relapse yet, so the only webspace I have is my geocities account right now *gag* But I'll talk to him about it soon.

Anyone interested in playing the original? *snickers*

Without some screenshots it's hard to get a good idea of what it's going to be like, and thus generates less interest...

Maybe when you get your site up again?

WoMbat?

Ahh, Edge is the ruler of all ports for modifications like this. A good weapon to have is a homing rocket launcher. I made on a while back, if you aimed right at an enemy, it would home. Otherwise it would just go as normal - basically a revenant rocket.

DarkStorm said:

Ah yes, screenshots. I'm gonna have to use my geocities account for it :-/ blah!

But thank you Lobo

I'm offering free hosting for doom sites. if your interested go here.
Get Hosted

[QUOTE]ToXiCFLUFF said:
[B]Ahh, Edge is the ruler of all ports for modifications like this.

Amen to that

ToXiCFLUFF said:

A good weapon to have is a homing rocket launcher.

I was thinking about that for another little mod I might do, basically you'd gain weapons from the enemies as well, example Scuba Steve's Mancubus Gun, or there was an old mod that turned the rocket launcher into a clawed hand which basically acted like the imp's claw. But you get the idea. If your interested in that mod idea and can help with anything I'd love to hear back from you about it.

and Cyrez, I'll keep that hosting in mind

I also wanted to make the archvile hand and revenant armor with shoulder rockets (SOOOO easy to draw.)

Edit: OOOHhhh Ohhh!!!1 Cyberdemon Rocket Launcher!!!

Scuba Steve: actually, I was going to ask if your wanted to help with the doom monster weapons project, but I figured you would be too busy heh

And I still need to get your those weapon sketches for Relapse. O:)

Cyrez said:

I'm offering free hosting for doom sites. if your interested go here. Get Hosted

Link doesn't seem to work atm.

EDIT: Seven hours later the link still doesn't work.

Scuba Steve said:

Edit: OOOHhhh Ohhh!!!1 Cyberdemon Rocket Launcher!!!

Is that like an RL that would fire a three round burst? That could definetely be useful.

Scuba Steve said:

Relapse? Wha?

bah, if you don't remember, I'm Ryan Hart, I'll email that email about what I'm talking about if you need farther reminder