Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Raziel

Where can I read those HORRIBLE doom novels at?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Assmaster said:
I have only read the first book (now that the other 3 have been put up, I can read those too,). I must admit, it was exceptionally cheesy, cliche, and badly written... JUST LIKE DooM (Im gonna get yelled at for that one). I expected it to be that way when I first picked it up, and Im glad it was. It was just as over the-the-top as the game it was based on. I wasnt looking for some earth shattering epic, I just wanted to remenisce (sp?) about the game and see how someone else could handle the story. Much like Slipknot, you must avoid taking it seriously in order to enjoy it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where have they been put up at? I'd love to read these horribly bad novels.

I saw on that other thread that the stories had been put up somewhere on the net though. Just wanted to know where.

And I didn't know/think this was warez. I shant do it again.

If there's a place these have been put up, I know not of it. to my knowledge they are only in book form, and are long out of print, and a bitch and a half to find.

The reason I said that was That I recalled BBG posting a link to them. Then that post dissapeared.

Assmaster said:

The reason I said that was That I recalled BBG posting a link to them. Then that post dissapeared.

I didn't post any link because I know that bookwarez is just warez of books, hence its name ;)

A link would be easy but it's not really Warez. I don't think the publishers or the authors or ID would make any money off of the books. I guess I'll just run a search on Google. But that takes so damn long that a link would be easier.

Raziel said:

A link would be easy but it's not really Warez. I don't think the publishers or the authors or ID would make any money off of the books. I guess I'll just run a search on Google. But that takes so damn long that a link would be easier.

Doesn't matter, it's still warez because it is still under copyright, bucko.

Just track down Crendowing and ask him for his copies. They might have semen stains on them though, so be wary.

Fine, I'll go steal them from someone's house if I ever notice they have any. Or I could go do a search on google. Maybe they transcripted them somewhere. I'll do a search for the link Assmaster put up and then took down so he wouldn't get banned.

I wasnt the one who put that link up. I thought it was BBG, maybe I was wrong. But I know SOMEONE did.

heh, i saw them on a bookwarez channel once... didn't bother downloading them. i can't get myself to read a half page of fan-fic, let alone a whole book, especially considering they sacriligeously name the doom marine *shudders*

I'm agreeing with assmaster on that one. Most of the stories are a mixed varoge of endless cliches and mindless who-ha's with added moldy croutons and Yellow French sauce.

nuff' said

The only book I've read based on a game was a short little Golden Axe book. It sticks to the story line, but the author has to make a lot of stuff up since arcade games usually don't have a ton of story line anyway.

I imagine that's what the Doom novels are like.

Assmaster said:

I wasnt the one who put that link up. I thought it was BBG, maybe I was wrong. But I know SOMEONE did.

Wasn't me, heh. I merely told you guys where they resided on my HD :-P

DarkWolf said:

The only book I've read based on a game was a short little Golden Axe book. It sticks to the story line, but the author has to make a lot of stuff up since arcade games usually don't have a ton of story line anyway.

I imagine that's what the Doom novels are like.

No, the Doom novels don't even stick to the game story - only slightly in the first novel, but in the second, it has nothing in common with Doom 2.

But yes, a lot of stuff is made up, which is perfectly ok - my problem with the novels is the direction it takes.
The Doom demons are aliens...pffftttt. Now if id intended them to be aliens, wouldn't they just call them 'aliens' instead of the 'demons' they wrote all over the scrolled texts? Iirc, they only called them aliens in Doom 2, but they called them demons in Doom 1 and have also called them demons ever since Doom 2, when interviewed about Doom.

Rotting Corpse said:

Dude those doom books will rape your mind.
Trust me ya dont want to read them.

Funny, what about all those people who argued that the Doom novels were ok? Is it because their minds are raped? :-P

When the doom books rape your mind.They tear part of it a part.The part that you use to deside what sucks.Some people never recover and like the doom books.Som recover.They all so porude tomers that will explode.Thise tomers take years to devleup.One of these day are brains are going to pop like a pimple.