Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
M8.

Floss, DOOM2 WADs.

Good evening.

I recently suffered a hard drive crash and lost a significant portion of my DOOM(2) WAD collection, which I had not yet archived. I am currently seeking to find replacement copies of the following DOOM2 maps, all of which are by Robert Moss (aka Floss):
Austin01
Austin02
Austin03
Nutcase
Nutcase2
Shnikeys
Sheeot
Spooge
I have searched extensively online for these maps, and have even ventured so far as to try to contact Robert Moss (aka Floss) himself. However, the email address in the only WAD of his that I have been able to find and replace, udd.txt, is no longer functional.

Does anyone have copies of the aforementioned maps to share? If so, please reply here so that we can negotiate a way to transfer the necessary data.

Thank you,
M8.

I searched the complete /idgames Doom Archive for each title ...nothing :(

I searched all the .txt files on my Doom and Doom2 compilation CD's for the text strings 'Floss' and 'Moss' (these each contain thousands of wads) ...once again, nothing :(

Did you try: floss@texas.net

Sorry, I'm of no help :(

Looks like you're drawing a blank here, so I'll provide the only possible lead I found.

I noticed a Robert Moss had contributed an article to a RTCW site. This may or may not be the same guy, and no e-mail address was given. Still, you could try contacting the webmaster.

Sparky_KISS: thank you for your efforts! I too have searched my various CD archives and have come up empty, too. The email address that you mention, floss@texas.net, is indeed the one that I have already tried (and mentioned in my first post as being in udd.txt).

Grazza: thank you for the link! I've downloaded the file that is mentioned there and, lo and behold, contained therein is an email address for THAT Robert Moss (no guarantee that he and the author of the maps I'm seeking are the same person). I have emailed him and hope to hear back from him shortly.

Thank you, gentlefolk.

Does anyone else out there have any leads, or better yet, any of these maps by Robert 'Floss' Moss?
Austin01
Austin02
Austin03
Nutcase
Nutcase2
Shnikeys
Sheeot
Spooge

Cheers,
M8.

Glad I could (possibly) help. And sorry for carelessly saying "no e-mail address was given" - I hadn't looked in the file itself.

If these are good wads and you find a place where they are available, please remember to let us all know. :)

Hey, so I know my reply is like a *decade* late, but I think this is interesting... and worthwhile in case anyone comes searching in the future. You see, I am Robert "Floss" Moss.

I have been looking for these wads as well. I found most of them last night on a server in Germany. Kind of crazy as they were created when I was about 16 years old in the mid/late 90s in Austin Texas. We basically just used them for deathmatch on four Win95 computers we had networked. I distributed them a little on my BBS (wow - remember those!), but I am just blown away that they are still floating out there in cyberspace/Germany. The internet is crazy.

Anyway, I've placed most of these wads (the ones I could find anyway) on my website at robertmoss.net. I'll also upload them to the DOOM archive as Sparky helpfully suggested. There are some really, really decent deathmatch maps on Austin02 and Austin03; Spooge is okay for single player as well. I couldn't find the Nutcase or Shnikeys wads, but I suspect a lot of those maps were incorporated into the Dwango12 wad, which I also built - but am not super proud of : )

What a blast from the past to see this stuff!

M8., I feel like I must have known you from my childhood. Were you on the Austin DWANGO server? What was your handle? Well, if you see this someday, drop me a line (rob[at]robertmoss.net) and let me know.

Best wishes to all,

Robert Moss

Wowza, welcome back to the doom community! I didn't really get involved in the community until five or six years ago, but I spend a lot of time checking out really old Doom levels. I'll give yours a try!

Wow, pretty close. All that's left is nutcase and sheeot. I'll see if I can find them among my stuff and in searches.

Wow, I just wanted to thank all of you for the replies and help! I wasn't sure if this thread was monitored before I posted - you guys are incredible!

Also, I hadn't seen that internet way back machine before: reading my teenage self's writing sure was embarrassing. I wonder if I'll feel the same way about this writing in another 16 years - I sure hope not!

Really, thanks for all the help Grazza, and buttspit, and Mad Butcher and 40oz.! I appreciate it. You guys are awesome.

Best wishes,

Rob